Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

The Wolverine

< Prev 1 2 Next >

01.29.2013 1:42am
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Okay, I'm sold. July 2013.

Jump to Post

01.29.2013 2:08am

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

So, wait, sequel, prequel, reboot, something else?

Looking sharp, though.

Jump to Post

01.29.2013 2:46am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I wish fox would just give the rights to xmen back to Marvel.

Jump to Post

01.29.2013 2:49am

Crisium
N/A

The pic says it takes place after X-Men 3, so it's not a prequel.

I'm always game for a new X-Men movie.  I don't expect them to be stellar, but X-Men 2 and First Class were quite enjoyable.

Jump to Post

01.29.2013 2:53am

Mole
Somebody loves ya.

Here's something I've been wondering: Is X-Men the longest running movie superhero franchise EVER that's kept its original cast?

When this movie comes out Hugh Jackman will have played Wolverine continuously since 2000. They're working on a new one with some original cast members that might come out two years from now at least. That'll be fifteen years of X-Men movies with no reboots, and no recasting (First Class doesn't count because it fits with the others and Jackman is in it).

Reeve played Superman for nine years. The Dark Knight trilogy lasted seven. If they keep going with this there's a chance they'll hit TWENTY YEARS, which seems totally insane and unprecedented. Am I the only one who's noticing this?

Jump to Post

01.29.2013 3:24am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Also of note: Stewart and McKellen will be back in Days of Future Past as Xavier and Magneto. And didn't Rebecca Romjin have a cameo in the first FC movie?

Jump to Post

01.29.2013 3:51am
Thread Creator (Edited on 01.29.2013 at 4:01am)

Zubis
Registered Member

Onyx said:

Also of note: Stewart and McKellen will be back in Days of Future Past as Xavier and Magneto. And didn't Rebecca Romjin have a cameo in the first FC movie?

That's not the half of it - Anna Paquin, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore and Hugh Jackman are back for Days of Future Past -  Famke Janssen says we'll know something in a few weeks too. Halle Berry is unlikely but James Marsden might be a possibility.

The general consensus is that it's a massive world building/reboot exercise without going the Marvel route of spending 6 years to do it. Everyone wants to come back because Bryan Singer is doing it, and hell, it could work; they've definitely put the right talent in place to do it.

Jump to Post

01.29.2013 4:09am

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

I'm definitely looking forward to The Wolverine.  Days of Future Past...I would have preferred First Class to be a reboot, but I'm not counting it out.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

01.29.2013 1:40pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I didn't watch the last Wolverine because it just looked fuckin' stupid, but I'll always say:  Jackman's Wolverine is the only Wolverine I particularly give a shit about*.

*Prior to Logan starting the Jean Grey Institute, that is.

Jump to Post

01.29.2013 2:20pm

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Really, the only criticism I have about Jackman's Logan is his height.

===

"Plans? What plans? I''m making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

01.30.2013 9:00pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

I'm hoping te Dark Knight films influence this one enough to avoid the previous Wolverine slapstick, cheesy unrealistic rubbish.  Wolverine is supposed to be dark and gritty.  Interesting to hear about the other X-men films though. 

Jump to Post

01.31.2013 3:55am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

A reboot is probably needed I am just so confused with these X-Men movies ... too many plot holes, inconsistencies, and stuff for me to care about the film series anymore. I really don't feel that interested in this movie as a result.

Jump to Post

01.31.2013 1:41pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

There was a reboot (First Class directly contradicts previous canon--at least, canon specifically from X3--on a handful of points), but it looks like it's getting folded into the main canon via time travel?  Days of Future Past (the First Class sequel) is probably going to tie them together (or just continue to ignore th abomination that is X3).

Jump to Post

01.31.2013 9:02pm

Lexx
Terran Angel

I stopped caring about X-Men movie canon a while ago.  As long as it's an interesting and fun movie, I'm game.

Jump to Post

02.01.2013 12:05am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

reido said:

There was a reboot (First Class directly contradicts previous canon--at least, canon specifically from X3--on a handful of points), but it looks like it's getting folded into the main canon via time travel?  Days of Future Past (the First Class sequel) is probably going to tie them together (or just continue to ignore th abomination that is X3).

Let's not forget X-Men Origins Wolverine ... which takes please over a decade after First Class. A lot contradictions with Emma Frost, Sabertooth, and Professor X walking. Though for the last point maybe people will argue its telepathy but whatever. First Class was indeed the back breaker of making the canon foggy. That and Professor X aging from early to late 20's to early 60's in a matter of 15 years.

I understand X-Men in the comics has diffrent canons (due to time travel and other stuff) but it would be nice for the movies to make sense of it also. Just like in Star Trek JJ Abrams did a pretty good job explaning who the story from then on would diffrer from the TOS time line.

Also Hugh Jackman looks like he aged a lot since Origins.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter