Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Thor: The Dark World

11.02.2013 5:33pm
Thread Creator (Edited on 11.03.2013 at 12:56pm)

Zubis
Registered Member

Just back from it - I think it's a better sequel than many comic book movies including Iron Man 2, but it didn't work well for me. I did like there were several twists in the story which I didn't expect. The world of course is still as good as the first movie, we see more of the nine realms too.

As for the credits sequence, well, daaamn.

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Sif and Volstagg drop an Infinity Stone off at the Collector, a new character that will be in Guardians of the Galaxy next year.
The Collector apparently guards rare items.

It turns out the Tesseract from Captain America/Avengers is also an Infinity Stone, and having two in Asgard is too dangerous.
As they leave, he mutters "one down, five to go."

Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet in Avengers 3? Oh hell yes.

Jump to Post

11.03.2013 12:43pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

Watched the first again last night cause I'll see this soon...still probably the best of the Marvel studios films so far I think.  Hope this is at least close to that.

Jump to Post

11.03.2013 4:47pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I thought this didn't come out until next weekend?

Jump to Post

11.03.2013 7:13pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Europe gets Marvel movies first.

Jump to Post

11.03.2013 9:44pm

Som
Genitals are Funny

I saw it on Saturday here.

It's good, I'd rate it a bit above Iron Man 2 and a lil below Captain America

I don't read comics, but i have read Infinity Gauntlet after i was told to after i asked who Thanos was when we saw Avengers. So my question is, how can they do that particular story in movie form and not have the general public walking out of the cinema say WTF

Jump to Post

11.10.2013 6:29am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I actually really enjoyed this. Not as much as Iron Man 3 but it was still good.

The final battle was fun and I enjoyed the comedic effects that went on with thor's hammer not knowing what the fuck to do when Thor wasn't there, or the falling on the building and trying to hang onto the glass.
I also really enjoyed Loki, and kind of predicted that he was still alive after he was "killed" I'm interested in seeing how that plays out.
I don't really know anything about the collector from the comics but it was cool to see Benicio Del Toro.

Jump to Post

11.10.2013 3:25pm

Old Juan
filled with hate

Good movie. Much more enjoyable than Iron Man 3.

Jump to Post

11.11.2013 3:58am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

The end credits scene was a little jarring and out of place, but the rest of the movie was great. I'd rank it above IM2 and 3, and I might just like this one better than the first Thor. 

Coulda used more Chris Eccleston though. I hear a bunch of his stuff was cut to get the movie under two hours.

Jump to Post

11.11.2013 6:07am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

But what about the ice monster that's running rampant through the city of London who's going to stop that thing now?

Jump to Post

11.11.2013 7:11am
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

You saw the stinger after the credits right? The second one?

Jump to Post

11.12.2013 5:01pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Saw it. Loved it.

I've always thought that Thor was the better movie out of the Iron Man 2/Captain America/Thor trifecta and The Dark World was much, much better than Iron Man 3.

Now the question is, how will it compare to The Winter Soldier.

That aside, I thought the movie was great. I loved the belly laughs, Loki, the batlles, the effects, Chris Hemsworth shirtless, the surprise cameo.

Gotta say though, Malekith was a pretty weak villain as was Kurse. But really, that's the only place where the film fell a little flat.

Jump to Post

11.12.2013 6:24pm

Crux
A mental Dentist's office

Nelfichu said:

The end credits scene was a little jarring and out of place, but the rest of the movie was great. I'd rank it above IM2 and 3, and I might just like this one better than the first Thor. 

Coulda used more Chris Eccleston though. I hear a bunch of his stuff was cut to get the movie under two hours.
Really? Okay... if the LOTR movies have shown me anything its that people will sit in a theater to watch a movie for more the 2 hours, IF the movie is entertaining enough.

Also Chris Eccleston needed more screen time in my opinion.

Jump to Post

11.13.2013 2:57am

Zo
another blue ribbon

This film... felt a lot like a good Monster-of-the-Week episode of a show with a greater arc. Entertaining but filler-y. Also Christopher Eccleston and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje are basically wasted under CG, makeup, and having zero material to work with. 

It was OK! It was fun. The whole "By the way, Dark Elves and Aether and Kurse are all things, have at it" montage at the beginning was pretty amazing. 

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter