Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

WWE

08.14.2014 6:06am

Lews
Lord of the Morning

I've seen a couple KENTA matches, but WWE has never done any Japenese wrestler any justice, so I'm not at all hopeful for a guy like KENTA until maybe Vince is totally out of the picture.

I'm more interested in what they'll do with Kevin Steen and Prince Devitt.  Devitt I can understand, but it's hard for me to believe a guy like Steen got hired.  I mean, he's a damn good wrestler, it's just that I didn't figure he fit the bill of a WWE "Superstar" with his image.  I know it's the PG Era (or is it truly the Reality Era now?) but I hope they let him run wild and be himself.  That always worked for the biggest stars and with Steen's ability he has huge potential.

EDIT: Despite it being his original move, if they let KENTA keep his GTS it would be a huge "fuck you" to CM Punk, so I wonder...

Jump to Post

09.11.2014 12:14am
Thread Creator

shadowphoenix
It all ends with beginnings...

Maybe the worst episode of RAW I've seen in awhile.....sigh...........

Jump to Post

11.24.2014 10:40am

Magnus
Registered Member

Well... it happened.

Hell froze over last night and it screwed the Authority big time.

Jump to Post

11.24.2014 12:59pm

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

I think this has the potential to make the prodcut interesting. It's been total crap since Summerslam.

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Sting's debut if nothing else is fresh for this company. I'm interested to tune in tonight for the first time since Lensar won the title

Jump to Post

11.25.2014 12:28am

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

I don't expect it to happen, but I would love for Dolph Ziggler to win the Royal Rumble and challenge Lesnar at Wrestlemania.  They're pushing him hard as the guy who will give it his all and won't quit and that would just be money booking against the man who ended the Undertaker's unbeaten Wrestlemania streak, the unbeatable beast, Brock Lesnar.  But that's just me playing fantasy booking.

Jump to Post

11.25.2014 11:16pm

Lexx
I know how they work

I'd love for Ziggler to finally move out of the midcard purgatory he's been stuck in, but I'd bet a lot of money that Reigns is going to take the title from Brock.  And if not from Brock directly, then from whoever takes it from him.

Jump to Post

11.27.2014 9:10pm

Cult of Personality

Unfortunately, I'd have to agree.

For those who are interested, Colt Cabana interviews CM Punk on his latest podcast about leaving WWE.  It marks the first time Punk has spoken out since walking out on WWE in January.

Jump to Post

12.12.2014 11:53pm

Cult of Personality

I'm double posting, but to hell with it.  If you have the WWE Network, you OWE it to yourself to watch the NXT REvolution special.  From Kevin Steen's debut (and the fact he had his nose broken), to the tag match of KENTA & Prince Devitt against the Acsension (my first time watching Devitt's full enterance and its holy shit awesome), to an actual Divas wrestling match where Charlotte and Sasha Banks just tore the house down.  Wish divas were given that kind of chance on the main roster.  And of course, the main even between Sami Zayn and Adrian Neville was just absolutely superb.

NXT puts on such a better product than RAW or Smackdown, pretty much because crazy old Vince is supposedly pretty hands off of it.

Edit:  Oh, and this is hilarious... https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/543537698439704576

Jump to Post

12.13.2014 3:15am

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

I've heard NXT is hands down better than RAW and Smackdown these days. I will have to check it out. 

RAW is completely unwatchable anymore. How many times can they give us some type of main event involving some variation of John Cena teaming with Dolph Ziggler and/or Dean Ambrose against Kane and Seth Rollins and some other schlub? 

It's also absurd they've had Lesnar away as long as they have. 

I'm going to the TLC PPV on Sunday, but a huge part of me wonders why. The prodcut right now is the worst I have ever seen it. 

Jump to Post

12.13.2014 4:19pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

NXT is so much better than the major league WWE because Triple H has full contol over it. If it's a preview of how WWE will be like after Vince McMahon retires and Kevin Dunn goes back to whatever hole he crawled out of, then the future is bright.

In Triple H we trust.

Also, until a few days ago I seriously had no idea that Sami Zayn of NXT was El Generico in the indies.

Jump to Post

12.15.2014 11:47pm

Cult of Personality

Onyx said:

Also, until a few days ago I seriously had no idea that Sami Zayn of NXT was El Generico in the indies.

Honestly, I like the Sami Zayn persona more than the ElGenerico one.  He gets to show a lot more emotion than when he wore the mask.  Also, I think for the last month or so he has been giving the best promos in WWE across all the brands.

So that TLC ppv.  Yeah.  Dolph Ziggler and Luke Harper easily had the match of the night, and they damn near killed themselves doing it.  Seriously, kudos to the both of them.  Ziggler is such a workhorse in the ring its unreal.  He has the look, he has the charisma, and the fans are solidly behind him.  If he doesn't get a legitimate world title run this year it'll be a damn crime.  Also, I really hope Luke Harper doesn't get lost in the shuffle.  He moves so well in the ring for a big man and has a really good psychology.  He could be the new monster in the WWE if they actually let him be one.

The tag match was ok.  The Usos are always good, and Mizdow is just so damn funny and good in the role he has that I can't help but love it.  He sells the role so much, that it has gotten over huge when I'd bet a ton of money it wasn't meant to.  Miz is alright, he's saddles with a really bad gimmick.  Kind of a shame when you can't pull a pop out of your own hometown.

Big Show and Eric Rowan was not good.  No offense to Show, but he flops back and forth between heel and face so much that its hard for people to really care about him.  And for Eric Rowan's first big single's match it wasn't a good idea to pair him with Show, who honestly needs someone really good to work with to make him look good.

Next up was John Cena and Seth Rollins.  Now, I give Cena all the credit in the world cause of the schedule he keeps and how much charity work he does, but he wins his matches almost all the damn time.  This match made me have flashbacks of his I Quit match with The Miz from 2011.  I mean, how many people does it take to beat John Cena?  You had Seth Rollins, who for all intent and purposes is WWE's top heel, and Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble (who are former wrestlers, but of course we're not supposed to remember that) beating on Cena for most of the damn match.  Of course, that doesn't stop SuperCena cause not only did he have Rollins beaten once (which didn't count cause the ref was out) but he beat him again even after a 4th man interference from the Big Show.   Seriously, Vince McMahon overbooks Cena to absolute death.  Oh, and is anyone excited to see Brock and Cena again?

Nikki Bella and AJ Lee.  Man, I hope AJ pulls a move like her husband and just leaves WWE.  I'd love to see her go work for Shine or Shimmer where the women are actually allowed to wrestle.  Here's a huge difference between Triple H booking and Vince booking.  Triple H actually lets the women wrestle in NXT.  Vince just prances the women out and let them have 5 minute matches that involve 3 minutes of pointless screaming and usually ends in a rollup.  Triple H sees the women as athletes.  Vince sees the women as a walking, talking pair of breasts.  Oh, and no one gives a shit about the Bellas.  Seriously, no one.  Leave them on Total Divas.

Ryback and Kane...just good Christ.  It was absolutely awful.  And for anyone who listened to CM Punk's podcast with Colt Cabana, I can totally believe him when he says Ryback is dangerous in the ring from the way he absolitely WAILED on Kane with the chair.  I seriously felt bad for Kane in that match.

Rusev and Swagger was a standard Raw match.  Both guys can work, but they just weren't given enough time to do it.  And I doubt anyone believed Swagger was going to win due to how he's been booked since, well, forever.

Finally, we get to Bray and Ambrose.  On one hand, they put on a pretty good match trying to save the show and I'm glad they got the chance to close the ppv.  On the other hand, the finish was abosolutely fucking stupid.  I mean, why would a monitor/tv have a cord that long?  And what the fuck with the sparks?  The finish did absolutely nothing for either man.  Bray hasn't been strong since before Wrestlemania, and he wins this match via a fluke from a sparking tv.  And for Ambrose, last month he lost his match cause he got distracted by a hologram and now this month the spaking tv of doom.  Both men deserve better.

So basically, the show started very strong and went to shit for most of the rest of the night until the end where Bray and Ambrose were having a good match until the lame finish which I'd bet my whole next paycheck was a Vince McMahon idea.  And he says he's not out of touch with what today's fans want.

Jump to Post

12.16.2014 4:01am

Lexx
I know how they work

I've fallen about two weeks behind on wrasslin', so I haven't seen the PPV yet.  But from what I've heard, the booking was crap.  Admittedly I'm a huge Seth Rollins fan, so maybe I'm biased, but can't they have the guy at least look strong while losing?  He never wins clean, since it's either Noble and Mercury doing something behind the ref's back or The Devil's Favorite Interrupter ends the match early.  Now, with three other guys interfering, he still loses.  It just annoys me that John Cena always has to beat the odds, which means the other guys end up looking really, really bad.

The other thing that bothers me is the Divas division.  I actually got back into wrestling, at first, because of the Divas.  Specifically, Paige, A.J. and Emma.  The fact that Paige and Emma are now jobbers on Superstars and A.J. has at least three losses against the terribad Bella twins is insane.  The ONLY hope I have is that they're going to call up Charlotte soon and they want Nikki as a heel champ to drop it to her.

Out of the other matches, the only one I'm really interested in seeing is Ziggler and Harper.

Jump to Post

12.16.2014 5:07pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Yeah, that's the major difference with Triple H and Stephanie compared to Vince. They see and treat the women like actual wrestlers instead of just eye candy. That's why Sara Del Rey (a retired wrestler who was phenomenal in the ring) is the head women's trainer at NXT.

Jump to Post

01.06.2015 3:28am

Lexx
I know how they work

I finally got around to actually watching TLC and NXT REvolution.  It's shocking to me how much better the so-called developmental show is than the main show.  I mean, aside from my recent slowdown due to the holidays, I watch Raw and Smackdown every week, as well as Main Event and Superstars.  I've watched NXT once before.  Yet even with that, I was more invested in the NXT matches than I was the TLC ones (with the sole exception of Ziggler v. Harper) even though I'm much more familiar with the main roster.

I don't know what can be done about the main show, but I'll definitely be watching NXT from now on.

Jump to Post

01.06.2015 4:41am

Jin
King of Kings

NXT's creative is just that much better. I think, honestly, the talent wants it more, too, but that might just be me.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter