Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

What ya watching this fall

10.05.2011 3:22pm

maximus asinus
Registered Member

You lucky bastards and having television. I had been relying on over the air broadcasting because I cannot get cable through my regular provider because there is a bill at this apartment that has been left unpaid by the previous tenant and the cable company refuses me service until it is paid or I send them a notice signed by the previous occupant stating they have moved and their new billing address. Now that over the air has been cut I have to get my shows via Netflix or download them.

Jump to Post

10.06.2011 5:36am

Fukiyama
Sysadmin of my brain

maximus asinus said:

You lucky bastards and having television. I had been relying on over the air broadcasting because I cannot get cable through my regular provider because there is a bill at this apartment that has been left unpaid by the previous tenant and the cable company refuses me service until it is paid or I send them a notice signed by the previous occupant stating they have moved and their new billing address. Now that over the air has been cut I have to get my shows via Netflix or download them.
Your landlord can't do anything to prove the previous tenant is gone and there is a new lease?

Jump to Post

10.06.2011 5:41am

KyleIII
Registered Member

Mondays have nothing right now, except when they're showing new Top Gear episodes, but I'm really looking forward to Bored to Death's third season starting up next Monday

Tuesdays it's the Fox lineup. I gave up on Glee ages ago, but my wife still watches it. She's starting to get bored of it too, though. New Girl always has some good laughs, but it still needs to find its footing (and they really should've reshot the pilot after Daman Wayans Jr wasn't going to be a regular, since he was the best thing about it). Raising Hope's still fun, but so far hasn't been as strong as last season

Wednesdays it's all on ABC. I got into The Middle last year, and I think it's a pretty underrated show. It does often feel like a family sitcom from the 90s done in a one-camera format without a laughtrack (hell, it even stars Patricia Heaton) but there's some really clever stuff hidden in there. I've come to enjoy it more than Modern Family, which I also watch. I also started watching Happy Endings. I didn't ever watch it last year, but I've heard a lot of positive buzz and the season premiere really drew me in.

Thursdays has Community and Parks and Rec on NBC followed by It's Always Sunny. Community was my favorite show of last season and I really liked the pilot, but I admit that last weeks fell a bit flat. It does feel like they're going for a different feel than last year (which, in turn, felt completely different from Season 1), so I'm willing to give them a chance to set things up. Parks and Rec is as solid as always. Sunny has felt a bit manic this year so far. None of the episodes have been consistent, they've generally been a mix of scenes that don't deliver any laughs followed by some completely insane stuff that almost, but not quite, makes the set-up worth it. I'm still hoping that show gets a bit more grounded, but so far it seems like they're just trying to go way over the edge in every episode which usually just ends up feeling forced.

Other than that, there's nothing on Fridays and then usually just whatever they throw into the BBC America comedy block on Saturdays since Doctor Who's done for the year.

Jump to Post

10.08.2011 12:38pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Mondays: Adventure Time, The Regular Show, House.
Tuesdays: Tosh.0, Workaholics
Wednesdays: South Park
Thursdays: Community, Parks and Recs, The office, It's always Sunny and Philadelphia.
Sunday: Dexter, Boardwalk Empire.
And I always catch Daily show and Colbert whenever it's on.

Jump to Post

10.08.2011 4:59pm

Demon
Registered Member

Merlin and Wilfred (Orlando Bloom version).

Jump to Post

10.10.2011 12:10am
 (Edited on 10.10.2011 at 12:16am)

dem
Sing for me, little bird

Sundays: Breaking Bad(done after tonight), Boardwalk Empire and Dexter. I thought about dumping Dexter but I feel like staying on board for at least one more season.

Mondays: How I Met Your Mother and House - although I'm probably going to finally dump this show for good. Bored to Death season 3 starts tomorrow night. It's not often that an HBO series is NOT on Sunday night.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays: Nothing

Thursdays: Big Bang Theory - considering dumping this one as well as it's losing its charm fast for me, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Community - not sure why people are down on this season so far, it's still awesome to me.

Fridays and Saturdays: Nothing, unless I like the host on SNL. Last night's ep with Ben Stiller was terrible and Kristen Wiig is getting less and less funny as the years go by. Her sketches make other sketch comedy actors with one joke look like George Carlin or any other comedy legend by comparison. But Andy Samberg manages to be even worse. Wiig was good in Bridesmaids and has the potential to be good as a star in comedies but only if she's given good material. She needs to get her ass off TV and soon.

The only shows I'm really looking forward to coming back are Game of Thrones, Mad Men, the final season of Breaking Bad next year and Eastbound and Down. Everything else I've either stopped watching or the show wrapped up in the past year. Gonna really miss Rescue Me but the show had a very satisfying ending. Not gonna miss Entourage at all.

Jump to Post

10.10.2011 2:22am

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Terra Nova
Tosh.0
Mythbusters

and I'm back into watching wrestling.. god help me.

Jump to Post

10.12.2011 7:57pm
Thread Creator

Rinoa
Night Star
Administrator

I dumped Big Bang like last year, it was so horrible even then.

Merlin this week made me %*()&#*(&$#&$. Though I know he'll be back.

Rinoa.Nu

Jump to Post

10.12.2011 9:33pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Community and a ton of baseball, football and hockey. it's about all I have time for sadly, though i'm trying to get caught up on Mad Men through Netflix.

Jump to Post

10.12.2011 10:28pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

House, Harry's Law, Chuck and Amazing Race.

Jump to Post

10.13.2011 12:54am

Revrick
Mind your P's and Q's

I positively abhor television and haven't watched anything with regularity on an actual broadcast since Lost ended. However at my own pace I've been keeping up with:
Community
Breaking Bad (only about halfway through)
Dexter
(kinda) The Office
It's Always Sunny (and while it aired Archer, eagerly awaiting the entirety of season 3)
annnd Doctor Who (almost done with season 5)
also The Walking Dead will soon join that list.

Jump to Post

10.13.2011 7:29am

dem
Sing for me, little bird

Rinoa said:

I dumped Big Bang like last year, it was so horrible even then.

Merlin this week made me %*()&#*(&$#&$. Though I know he'll be back.

I have no doubt that you're right about Big Bang being terrible last year. Thing is, every single TV show I watched last year I did while high save for Game of Thrones and Mad Men, which is something I recently decided to stop doing. It made awesome shows awesomer, but it also made bad shows awesome as well.

Jump to Post

10.15.2011 10:49pm

maximus asinus
Registered Member

Fukiyama said:
Your landlord can't do anything to prove the previous tenant is gone and there is a new lease?
Sorry I missed the reply. I have talked to my landlord and he has talked to the cable company. He said the way the custumer rep talked to him it was as if they thought it was all a hoax to get out of a bill. He tried to get fax info to send them proof and they denied him. He said he has tried a few times with the same result. This is all according to my landlord though, so he might be lying, or the cable company thinks I'll cave and that they can squeeze an extra couple dollars from me.

Jump to Post

10.15.2011 11:05pm

OrionHardy
Otherworld

Doesn't Canada have an equivalent of citizens advice bureau? I'm pretty sure what the cable company is doing is illegal.

Great men aren't everywhere, just where it counts.

If you ever see me online playing Halo, join me please.

Jump to Post

10.16.2011 12:49am

Lexx
I know how they work

Law and Order - SVU
Dexter
The Walking Dead

And my two eternal shames:

Grey's Anatomy (only as long as Ellen Pompeo and Sandra Oh are still on.  once they're finished I'm gone)
Private Practice (I don't know why. I don't even like the show)

Throw in baseball, Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow here and there, and that's my television schedule for the fall.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter