Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Site and Forum Discussion  >  Introductions

Hiya

06.05.2013 9:16am
Thread Creator

Yotpeh
Registered Member

For some reason I decided to read about dark fibre on wikipedia...one thing led to another (dot com bubble, etc.) and I typed in ffonline only to find no immediate mention on google. Archive.org has a shadow of it...

Anyhow, I was told this forum was the spiritual continuation of the ol' site and Ive decided to walk about like an old man returning to his childhood town. Many a useless, fun and insane rants/topics were discussed and I kinda missed it...the internet as it were (before facebook, twitter and those horrible things called social/f2play games existed)

I was an old member in FFonline, since about 1999 not very prominent nor memorable, but I left after 2006 to focus on HPC/VR Research and only briefly reappeared in late 2009 when the first console game I ever programmed was in Nintendo's lotcheck process (Primrose DS in the DSiStore) and I was bored. Now I've moved to the states since the company went chapter 11 about a year ago, and I'm still looking for a decent job.

In my spare time (while I'm not destroying my left leg...just got out of the hospital for stepping on a rusted nail on the beach) I'm hoping to finish a small rpg of my own a la final fantasy in 6502 assembler. In reality I haven't touched Final Fantasy since FF XIII came out (and I have a stack of games still wrapped in plastic) - Let's just say developing games takes some of the fun out of playing them (starring and analyzing how others programmed this and that) - but I'm hoping to find some entertaining discussions around here :)

So...Hi everyone

(if Indiana Jerico is still around...I wonder if Mavilu is still around...)

Jump to Post

06.05.2013 10:02am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Welcome back!

And yes Indy and Mavs are still here - Indy's an admin again too btw. Also there's an achievement for former FFO members so if you haven't got it yet, best send a PM to one of the admins and they'll set you up. ;)

Jump to Post

06.05.2013 5:58pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Welcome back! :)

Jump to Post

06.07.2013 4:44am
Thread Creator

Yotpeh
Registered Member

Thanks everyone. I'll be sure to inquire about it Enkidoh, thanks for the heads up :)

Jump to Post

06.07.2013 9:48am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Dream Master, is that you??.

Jump to Post

06.08.2013 9:51pm
Thread Creator

Yotpeh
Registered Member

Yes it is I Mavilu :)

Thought I'd try out the name of the main character from my first draft of my first book (Dream Master is pretty much it's draft name)

I can see everyone is somewhat still around: Dh, MajicJewel and a bunch others (even Rain)

Jump to Post

06.09.2013 1:45am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Whoa, how did Mavs know your old username? :O

===

"Plans? What plans? I''m making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

06.09.2013 7:37am
Thread Creator

Yotpeh
Registered Member

Hmmm...
Guess I spilled too much info in that intro :P

Jump to Post

06.09.2013 11:34pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

I have AMAZING powers of observation! (and yes, the way you write, the info and asking about me gave you away) welcome back friend, I've missed you. And what's that about your foot, now? take care of yourself!.

Jump to Post

06.10.2013 12:03am
Thread Creator

Yotpeh
Registered Member

Heheheh
Well living in Texas I have a few friends that sorta have a hidden redneck side, so while mountain biking (in mud and in slopes that are too big for me to handle)...I landed on my steering bar and almost hit my jewels  - but I got away with a huge bruise on my left leg that kept me from walking upright for a month.

Then a week ago I skewered my left foot on a rusted crate nail in the dark...near a campfire on the beach. Infected and in great pain, that  landed me in the hospital for a few days.

I've kinda decided to take a rest from hanging out with younger cooler folk (there's only so much adventure and alcohol I can take at the settling age of 32)...and get some research done, read a little and watch more T.V. and go back on the job-huntin'

See you around these parts Mavilu :)

Jump to Post

07.24.2013 10:06pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

I don't remember you, but welcome back nonetheless.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter