Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Let's Play Videos

Let's Play Wild Arms!

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

03.20.2014 5:59pm
Thread Creator

greenyxi
Let's Player

Hey all, here comes a brand new let's play! Wild Arms was published by Sony and developed by Media Vision.

Anyways! Wild Arms is a typical JRPG but it has so much charm and a pretty amazing sound track! It's pretty well known for being one of the only spaghetti western RPGs out there (the only one I can think of in fact).

This is actually the first game that I saw an LP of, so it's pretty special to me. It's what got me into all this let's play stuff :D.

Wells, here's the opening for you all. I hope it gets you hyped!
http://youtu.be/OKvcr7WsGu4

I should probably state a few points about the series itself:

- Text will be read. I know some people don't like this, but there are others (myself included) that prefer it.
- The picture has no stretching. I thought I'd change things up a bit :).
- This won't be a 100% playthrough. A sidequest or two may make their way into the series though.
- The series will be updated daily! Now and again, I may not be able to post because of illness/work/something else. This should only result in one missed day though, hopefully. I'll let you know if otherwise.

And I think that's it! We'll be kicking things off tomorrow! Can't wait :)

Hope to see you there!

My most recent 3 let's plays:

Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - Link (Din, Onox, Maku...I'm so funny)
Killer7 (Completed) - Link
Luigi's Mansion (Completed!) - Link
My main youtube page: Link

Jump to Post

03.21.2014 9:59pm
Thread Creator

greenyxi
Let's Player

Episode 1 - Jack's Treasure Hunt

https://youtu.be/HSBMQe0cD_s

Hi everyone, here's the true start of Wild Arms! Episode 1 is all about our first character choice: Jack. He's a bloke in search of power and strength...so he goes treasure hunting in order to find it! Loving the opening "cinematics" for Jack's part; Indiana Jones in his prime!

He also has a mate called Hanpan, who will go the distance and grab faraway items and switches for you. He also talks english ha!

However, will Jack find power and strength in the "kingdom" of Adlehyde? We'll find that out in a few episodes time.

We're gonna check out our blue-haired boy next time!

See you there :)

Jump to Post

03.22.2014 11:00pm
Thread Creator

greenyxi
Let's Player

Episode 2 - Bomberman Rudy!

https://youtu.be/j8BrbCuBX3U

Howdy y'all, ah do declare that it's Rudy's tahm to shahn! The opening is pretty stunning, with him working on the ranch and stuff, even if it does go a bit under-appreciated :(. Here's a berry for your hard day's work!

It looks like someone is sick in the village (reminds me of Alundra) so we need to find a holy berry to heal him! Maybe those bombs will help...(reminds me of Alundra).

So, off we go to the Berry Cave! Will we make it through the cave? Will we be bitten by the vampire bats? Will we blow ourselves up along the way? Have a look see :)

Thanks for watching! We'll see if we can find Tony next time...no doubt we'll run into a heap of trouble! ;)

Jump to Post

03.23.2014 3:18am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I love the Original Wild Arms even with it's huge glaring flaws.  I'm not into watching lets plays as I've said but still I hope you talk about the atrocious battle sounds at some point.  The cat noise when enemies attack, the death animation noise, gun sounds, it's so freaking bad it's hillarious. 

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

03.23.2014 1:57pm
Thread Creator (Edited on 03.23.2014 at 8:24pm)

greenyxi
Let's Player

Crono said:

I love the Original Wild Arms even with it's huge glaring flaws.  I'm not into watching lets plays as I've said but still I hope you talk about the atrocious battle sounds at some point.  The cat noise when enemies attack, the death animation noise, gun sounds, it's so freaking bad it's hillarious. 

Yes! Aren't the cat noises awful? lmao. Especially when they come out of goblins and stuff. Still, even with the bad sound effects and iffy battle variety, I love it too. There's something about it that's really addictive and memorable, even if there shouldn't be much memorable about it. If that makes sense.

Episode 3 - Holy Cecilia

https://youtu.be/GvUz3H9Oshg

Hi everyone, welcome back to Rudy's story! This time around we make sure to grab that holy berry and find Tony! Only problem is that we also awaken a monster who was being held in the afterlife by the berry!

-----------------------------------------------

Zombie Strategy:

- Use Rudy's level 1 force ability to ensure a hit.
- Use Rudy's bullets all the way.
- Heal with Heal Berries whenever your health gets too low.
- The Zombie should go down within 5 or 6 turns.

And with that boss down, it looks like the villagers (including our good pal the mayor) is scared crapless of our amazing abilities so we won't be allowed back in Surf Village! Only little Tony realises what a great job we did and is extremely apologetic that we've been kicked out for saving his father.

Next up, we start Cecilia's story! Her time at Curan Abbey has taught her much about magic; she even has a couple of spells of her own! She can heal and set things on fire (by the end of the ep, she can drown/sprinkle water on enemies too!). Her use of the tear tool comes in really handy, but more on that next time.

Thanks for watching! Maybe we'll get to talk to Sister Mary more next time huh? Pot o' gold! End o' the rainbow! Ha.

P.S. We need a magic stopwatch to reverse time too! Bernard's Watch...such memories! ;)

P.P.S. I'm absolutely shocked one of the kids called Cecilia a retard. I love this game :')

NOTE: Apologies for the weird vid cropping. It kinda messed up during the whole rendering process and I can't seem to use that raw footage again. Vegas causes all sorts of problems...

Jump to Post

03.24.2014 7:46pm
Thread Creator (Edited on 03.25.2014 at 3:14pm)

greenyxi
Let's Player

Episode 4 - Bernard's Watch

https://youtu.be/f9KQpN7w3FA

Hi everyone! Cecilia makes use of the stopwatch in this episode and helps to tidy up the place a wee bit. We also solve the whole sealed library riddle and solve the puzzle in the courtyard, which is much more complicated than it needs to be. Just press the bloody switch woman! :p

Book burning is also encouraged, as we chuck them all into the flames.

This all brings us to our 2nd boss!

Nelgaul Strategy:

- Cast Flame/Fire when your health is high
- Cast Heal/Cure when your health is low
- Heal Berries are a good alternative if your MP is getting low.

Done! Thanks for watching! Next time we'll head on over to Adlehyde and see just what that "kingdom" is all about!

Byes :)

Episode 5 - A Party Collected!

https://youtu.be/ixczehB0yhM

Welcome back! This time around we finish off Cecilia's story! The main point though is that we get all the characters to the kingdom of Adlehyde and have them meet up! That's right, we have a full and proper party now :D.

Also, we hear about Lolithia's Tomb and how monsters have escaped from there. Naturally, this means that good-hearted Rudy wants to save the day (not to mention Emma will pay him lotsa monies). Jack is looking for power there, so he's joining. Cecilia...well she was told to go there by the weird light thing too.

And so, off we go to Lolithia's Tomb! Thanks for watching! See you next time! :D

P.S. Was the castle exploring too much? Did it take too long or would you prefer to see more areas like this? Thanks :)

Jump to Post

03.26.2014 3:40pm
Thread Creator

greenyxi
Let's Player

Episode 6 - Tomb of Lolithia

https://youtu.be/2_Yw5Jt-9a4

Hey all, here comes our first dungeon with a full party! Lolithia's Tomb is pretty standard. It allows for your party to get up to level 6 each at a reasonable rate. After that it takes about 300 exp to level up to 7, which is pretty hard going here.

Will we be able to take on the switch puzzles? Will we beat the ladder maze? Will we take down the giant turkey monsters??? Have a look see! ;)

Oh! The boss!

-------------------------------------------------

Magtortous Strategy:

- Use Water/Freeze if you have it. Weakness.
- I haven't tried casting Fire on it. I assume it won't do as much damage, going by the boss' name?
- Use bullets with Rudy.
- Use Psycho Crack with Jack.
- Physical attacks may result in the boss counterattacking. Best to avoid using these, but use them if necessary.
- Use Cecilia's Mystic ability to heal everyone at once. This boss likes to hit the entire party at once :).

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks for watching! We'll check out what Emma wants to do with the golem next time :)

P.S. I'm really ill today (this was recorded yesterday) so there's a good chance that there won't be an episode tomorrow...maybe. Sorry :(

Jump to Post

03.30.2014 5:20pm
Thread Creator

greenyxi
Let's Player

Episode 7 - Festival!

https://youtu.be/0GMuzvOZP8Y

Hi all, quite a bit goes on in this episode! We may as well wrap up Lolithia's Tomb for two minutes with Emma. We've actually taken Lolithia, the golem that we found! Next up we head back to town...

Festival time! Sunshine, parties, streamers, minigames! The whole shebang! Unfortunately though, a kid has gone missing, which is pretty foreshadowing...

Fire everywhere! Adlehyde is under attack while the town's defences are down!

Will we save all the villagers? Will Cecilia be alright? Will the King survive after being hurt?

Thanks for watching folks! I'm feeling much better now so fingers crossed it'll all be back to normal starting today. Don't be surprised if there's no episode tomorrow though. I've got a bit of recording to do :).

Thank you! See you soon :)

Jump to Post

04.01.2014 8:42pm
Thread Creator (Edited on 04.02.2014 at 6:29pm)

greenyxi
Let's Player

Episode 8 - RoyaL Funeral

https://youtu.be/riLR5f_GHRk

Hi everyone, here comes a pretty sad episode. Before we get to that aspect though, we have to talk about the stealthy section. I'm not a fan of stealth but this isn't too bad. There's only a bit of running around the castle and talking to a chef.

This brings us to the sewers dungeon! I find it pretty easy to get lost down here, but it's pretty short. A few treasures are scattered around, so Hanpan is the most useful tool around here.

We eventually escape and end the whole town assault thing that's going on.

-----------------------------------

Belselk Strategy:

- Lock On: Gun
- Psycho Crack
- Either Water or Mystic: Heal Berry, depending on how much health your party has left.

-----------------------------------

Now here's the sad part: the funeral *sad*. I won't spoil who it is by here, but it's a pretty momentous part. Look out for the kids playing ball by the side (yay woo fun!)...what the hell lmao.

And finally, we move a bit into the future and the party decides to leave Adlehyde together. They want to be stronger and retrieve the tear!

Thanks for watching! We'll head to the mountain path next time, which has something pretty unique about it. See you there *yay*.

Episode 9 - Conde Petie Mountain Path

https://youtu.be/ybY_vEuHJdI

Ok, NOW we're leaving Adlehyde! The Mountain Path is only just to the west, where everything is dark and dangerous. Spiky plants, new enemies...but at least we grab a new tool for Jack! The lighter only works when you have something to light: a lamp, a candle. This is, naturally, the most useful tool for the dungeon.

We also grab a new spell for Cecilia that is amazing! Revive will bring a character back to life when they die. I'm surprised we never grabbed it before :s.

Thanks for watching! We'll finish this dungeon and see what's on the outside next time :)

Jump to Post

04.04.2014 8:05pm
Thread Creator

greenyxi
Let's Player

Ep 10 - Harpy Assault!

https://youtu.be/b7OJZjmUWIM

Hi everyone! It looks like we still have a wee bit of the Mountain Pass to go, so we'd better finish the place up first. This includes learning a new sword skill with Jack: Psycho Crack!

Once that's all sorted, we make it to Milama Village (with the aid of a trusty, mysterious sign post). Loving the music here...we'll explore the village next time :).

Thanks for watching! :)

Jump to Post

04.06.2014 4:08pm
Thread Creator

greenyxi
Let's Player

Episode 11 - Milaman Hamburgers! Nom!

https://youtu.be/qHZ5BTnzErg

Come one, come all! Milaman Hamburgers on offer while stocks last!

Here comes Milama Village! Stunning music, lots to explore...a hard to find armour shop. All in all, a nice little town.

It turns out that Cecilia should be a little fatty, what with her eating 6 hamburgers at every pub she goes to, but nope! It looks like her magic-using burns it off. I'm sure I heard that they weren't burgers in the japanese version...anyone know what they actually were?

We also head on over to our next dungeon: Guardian Shrine! We must find that tear drop guys and I'm assuming that's why we go there. The pub owner seems to think it'll help us anyway.

Speaking of the pub owner, he gives us a riddle for the place and we put it into motion to complete the torch puzzle. A bit of a derp moment, but I don't let it go on for long so don't worry ha.

Thanks for watching! We'll finish the dungeon next time and probably do a bit more too. See you there! :)

Jump to Post

04.08.2014 8:33pm
Thread Creator

greenyxi
Let's Player

Episode 12 - Meet The Villains!

https://youtu.be/bRf-hjbQnmM

Hi all, here comes the rest of the Guardian Shrine! It turns out longer than I thought, but that's because the characters are about to reveal all their current struggles. Rudy seems to be in turmoil over the whole Surf Village fiasco. Cecelia has princess identity issues. Jack can't seem to shake the feeling that his power-chasing is due to being a coward...so close to grabbing that sword!

A few puzzles are in the shrine too! The characters split up and each of them has their own path to follow. Jack makes use of his little ratty guy, Rudy has his bomb maze and Cecilia (having no useful tools) just has to push a few blocks lmao.

Possibly the most important event of this ep though? The introduction of many villains! Belselk is one of them...and it looks like he'll be returning. Trouble's afoot, folks! Trouble is afoot...

Thanks for watching! We'll check out the new world map area next time and let me say that the next town and dungeon are pretty stunning (the dungeon particularly) :D.

Jump to Post

04.10.2014 8:21pm
Thread Creator

greenyxi
Let's Player

Episode 13 - Basking In Mount Zenom

https://youtu.be/rupdweltPag

Hey everyone, when we left off we were dumped on a new area of the world map. Have a look see what Baskar Village, Elw Pyramid and Mount Zenom are like! The boss is gonna be interesting...I'm gonna try something risky (risquey?) with it!

Thanks for watching! :D.

Jump to Post

04.13.2014 2:09pm
Thread Creator

greenyxi
Let's Player

Episode 14 - Disease Ridden Spider Boss

https://youtu.be/VxxMxCndWH8

Attention! Leave the annotations on for this ep for full effect! Full screen may be best too.
Hey all, welcome to the rest of Mount Zenom! I was gonna head back down to Baskar Village before the boss in order to remove disease and stuff but then I thought that the Orga Widow would be more interesting if we limited our health etc. Be prepared...we certainly make it tough on ourselves...

---------------------------------------------

Orga Widow Strategy:

- Use Heat Salves to remove paralysis as soon as possible. Equip a character with the blue circlet if you found one.
- Poison isn't too bad yet. Remove if you fancy it with antidotes.
- Use Cecilia to Summon whenever you get the chance.
- Of course, heal if you need to. Revive also (watch your MP!).
- The Water spell is somehow more powerful than the Fire one. Not sure how ha.
- Use your bullets.
- Use Meteor Dive (the fast draw learnt on the mountain).

---------------------------------------------

And there we have it. Easy enough really...just has high HP.

Was that enough to stop the statue from being destroyed? Will our party make it back down the mountain? Will this new Zed character (my favourite villain from the game!) be worthy of the hype?

Thanks for watching! We'll use the Kizim Fire next time and try to find the second statue ;).

P.S. Lack of commentary for most of this ep. I subconsciously decided not to turn the mic back on after being interrupted near the start. Sorry about that.

Jump to Post

04.14.2014 7:28pm
Thread Creator

greenyxi
Let's Player

Episode 15 - Saint Centour's Predicament

https://youtu.be/UtVripzlR7U

Hey all, with the Kizim Fire in hand, it's time for us to head to the Elw Pyramid and teleport on over to Saint Centour! Seems like this town has the 2nd statue...but also some problems of its own!

Thanks for watching! We'll check out the Cage Tower next time :).

P.S. Once again, I'm ill as hell. I've got a couple of episodes already recorded but they won't last long.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter