Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Apparently FFvsXIII does still exist...

04.21.2013 9:11pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

My guess is the announcement is:

"We're still working on it. Here's some Kingdom Hearts spinoffs and iOS games you couldn't give a shit about."

Jump to Post

04.21.2013 9:14pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

Ha, Kingdom Hearts could have been such a great series.  There's only been 2 games in the main series in 11 years, sums S-E up.

Jump to Post

04.22.2013 12:22am

Zubis
Registered Member

amaron said:

It's 27.6667% complete.

For SE that would actually be good.

GDI SE you don't announce games at 3% completion.

Jump to Post

04.22.2013 3:08am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Meh, whatever.

Jump to Post

04.22.2013 6:45am

Jiro
Registered Member

I am impressed that they're keeping up the charade for so long. Versus XIII will never be released.

Jump to Post

04.22.2013 9:10am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

amaron said:

It's 27.6667% complete.

so we should be getting it in a little over 25 years

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

04.24.2013 1:58pm

Cameron
Registered Member

Jiro said:

I am impressed that they're keeping up the charade for so long. Versus XIII will never be released.

Probably not, but do they really think we'll be impressed if their big announcement is that they've rebranded the game Final Fantasy XV?  Wasn't this game supposed to fit into the same world as FFXIII initially?  This would just seem ridiculously lazy and awful to me.  And I'm hardly the kind of fan who has been reading doom and gloom into everything Square-Enix does.  I just keep sitting here waiting for the next real FF, hoping it's better than the abomination that was XIII. I will be very disappointed if that's the announcement. 

Jump to Post

04.24.2013 4:07pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

Not the same world. The Fabula Nova Crystallis games were all linked by similar mythology and terminology (even Type-O has the whole l'cie/fal'cie/focus thing going on still), not an actual common world.

Jump to Post

04.24.2013 4:18pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Which USED to be just Final Fantasy games.  Different worlds with similar characters/character types, creatures and terminology.

Jump to Post

04.24.2013 6:43pm

OrionHardy
Otherworld

How long has is game been in development now? How does Square-Enix expect to make a profit from it?

Great men aren't everywhere, just where it counts.

If you ever see me online playing Halo, join me please.

Jump to Post

04.24.2013 7:17pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

OrionHardy said:

How long has is game been in development now? How does Square-Enix expect to make a profit from it?

A) By now? IIRC it started production in 05 before being announced in 06, so about eight years.
B) On the flawed logic of "it's Final Fantasy, therefore it will sell", a thing which is no longer a given in the modern gaming landscape (at least not in territories outside Japan). We'll see how well that actually works.

Jump to Post

04.24.2013 10:26pm

Cameron
Registered Member

Ashilyn said:

Not the same world. The Fabula Nova Crystallis games were all linked by similar mythology and terminology (even Type-O has the whole l'cie/fal'cie/focus thing going on still), not an actual common world.

Still, I really don't want FFXV to have anything to do with the mythology, world, characters or otherwise associated with the Fabula Nova Crystallis games.

Jump to Post

04.25.2013 11:48am

Arckanghel
Pirate.

Ashilyn said:

A) By now? IIRC it started production in 05 before being announced in 06, so about eight years.
B) On the flawed logic of "it's Final Fantasy, therefore it will sell", a thing which is no longer a given in the modern gaming landscape (at least not in territories outside Japan). We'll see how well that actually works.

One caveat on B); it's Final Fantasy it will sell, what's no longer true is it's Final Fantasy, we'll make a profit.

Jump to Post

04.25.2013 3:57pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Squeenix makes a profit on this game because they haven't actually been really working on it since it was announced. Its team was pulled to work on other titles on a regular basis, especially FFXIV. They've probably spent less on this than you'd think. FFXIV on the other hand probably costs around Star Wars TOR amounts of money; money that they're probably going to lose.

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

04.26.2013 3:52am

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

Arckanghel said:

One caveat on B); it's Final Fantasy it will sell, what's no longer true is it's Final Fantasy, we'll make a profit.
One more caveat: Final Fantasy isn't Final Fantasy anymore.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter