Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Final Fantasy 16.

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

09.16.2020 9:36pm
Thread Creator (Edited on 09.16.2020 at 9:55pm)

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tBnBAkHv9M&amp;t=64s&amp;ab_channel=FINALFANTASY

Jump to Post

09.16.2020 10:14pm

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Apparently it's development has been handed to the only one left in SE with their head on straight - Naoki Yoshida and the FFXIV team (which explains a lot of things in that trailer - summons being called 'eikons' (in XIV eikon was the Garlean slur for Primals), an almighty Mothercrystal as the source of life and power (to be fair FFXI had that too as well as XIV), albiet a return to classic swords and sorcery FF but with modern sensibilities. And gigantic summons like XV.

Not sure if it's another MMO or a single player game (but I assume the later).

I just hope XIV's development doesn't suffer as a result of Yoshi's time and resources being stretched between XIV and XVI (the guy is already stressed as it is).

Jump to Post

09.16.2020 10:25pm
 (Edited on 09.16.2020 at 10:38pm)

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

I figure it's single player, else it'd have "online" somewhere in the logo like XI and XIV.

The trailer really doesn't reveal much, but what I see of XVI has me cautiously optimistic.  That optimism includes the fact that the graphics look about as good as XV's did, so maybe a PS4 release is in the cards?  Possibly?    I really don't want to get a PS5 before a slim is released.  That thing is a monster.

Edit: I didn't realize the PS5 also comes in black.  That might be a little less of an eyesore...

Jump to Post

09.16.2020 10:56pm

Magnus
Registered Member

Yoshida is done with XIV after 6.0, so likely he took over with the bulk of 6.0 already completed. At this point, were just waiting for the teaser trailer.

I saw this trailer and... it doesn't grab me like XIVs expansioms can. The character designs look bland aside Shiva, the environments look like nothing that hasn't been done before. I just don't know. It looked more like FF XV only with two characters in the party. I need more.

Jump to Post

09.16.2020 11:29pm
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I like that they're bringing back the medival setting and the crystals which are long Final Fantasy staples. It was also nice to hear classic redone FF tunes in the trailer. But I'll have to wait until some gameplay or story comes out. I'm eager to see what they do with this.

Jump to Post

09.17.2020 3:21am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

This is honestly the first new Final Fantasy since the early 2000s whose announcement actually excited me. Having Yoshi-P's crew on its development helps that a lot, admittedly.

Jump to Post

09.18.2020 4:35am
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

So what makes this Naoki Yoshida guy so special? I never played FF14. But people have been saying because of him they have hope for this game.

Jump to Post

09.18.2020 3:16pm

Zubis
Registered Member

He rebuilt FF14 in 2 years and made it one of the most succesful MMOs of all time, saving SE's reputation.
It's also one of the most story rich FF games out there, and heavily influenced by classical FF games.

He's also developed close working relationships with some of the most talented people to ever work on FF games, including Matsuno and Nomura. Hell there's even a tribute to Ivalice in FF14. 

Basically, if you're interested in the older FF games or FF12/FFT/Vagrant Story, this might just be the game for you.

Jump to Post

09.22.2020 9:51am

The Hulk
Good Boy

I always thought FFX's voice acting got  a lot more shit than it actually deserved, but it's like they just never bothered to rise above that level.  Nearly two decades later they really should be offering much better, pretty much every other game does. Aside from that this looked like pretty much everything I can't stand about FF now, after the pile of shit that was 15 I think I'm definitely done with this series.

Jump to Post

11.09.2020 3:43pm

Plumbum
Yes, what of it?

One of of the main battle planners from Dragon's Dogma is supposed to be on the team. I LOVED the battles in that game, and would enjoy seeing things like that in the FF Framework.

Climbing on a Behemoth, and beating it up all over its face seems like fun. It never got old in DDDA. 

Jump to Post

11.20.2020 6:10am

vinnyvalentino
Hyperion Master

It looks pretty nice, but if it's just gonna be another game of 4 dudes rolling around(Maybe can't really tell from the trailer if there is even any bonus people), only in a more classic fantasy setting compared to FFXV, I'm probably just gonna pass.  

One of my biggest problems from what I played of FFXV(Besides it being driving simulator and oh you can't even access your menu to set your character stuff up while your being auto driven wherever your going) was the the lack of being able to control anyone besides the MC. I don't count the telling my team member to do a fancy attack when there bar blinks or whatever as being in control of them.  Shit, Star Ocean 2 for the playstation let me switch between all the party member and whoever I wasn't controlling was controlled by the A.I.  It can't be that hard.

I haven't played or really even looked into the FFVII remake because really, FFVII was never one of my overly favorite ones, and if I'm stuck playing as Cloud the entire time I suppose I'm not missing much.  Also is it too much to ask to have a female party member in a numbered Final Fantasy game again?

And that, as they say, is that.

Jump to Post

11.20.2020 11:04am

Zubis
Registered Member

You can play as any character in FF7-R.

Jump to Post

11.20.2020 3:02pm
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

There's a character named Jill Warwick that seems to be accompanying the two Male characters in 16. So hopefully she's a playable character.

Jump to Post

11.22.2020 10:00pm

vinnyvalentino
Hyperion Master

Oh that's good then, thanks for the info.

Jump to Post

06.14.2023 12:03am

hkr
Too queer to get out of bed

Demo is out, I'm sure anyone reading this has seen the trailers

The last time I was this excited for a final fantasy was XII.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter