Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Kitase puts the nail in the FF7 remake coffin.

02.09.2012 12:25pm

Som
Genitals are Funny

I'd be happy if all they did was update the characters in VII so they weren't minecraft-esque robots. And voice acting. it's 2012 now, i'm over reading dialogue.

Jump to Post

02.09.2012 12:32pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

What's the opposite of the midas touch? You know, where everything you touch turns to shit? That's Square-Enix right now.

Jump to Post

02.09.2012 1:49pm

Kal
yes

Lexx said:

I like how he out and out says that graphics>content.
That's pretty much what I got from it.

I give the FF series two more entries at best before they die, if they don't wake up and realize people don't give a shit about uber-realistic graphics. All they want is a game that's fun to play.

FF7 doesn't suck by modern standards because the graphics are outdated, it sucks because the gameplay is outdated.

Jump to Post

02.09.2012 6:08pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Turn based combat and random encounters can still be fun and engaging, in small quantities.

Jump to Post

02.10.2012 3:57pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

That entire interview shows how out of touch Kitase and Square Enix in general is today.

Jump to Post

02.10.2012 4:41pm

Milky Ore
Kickin' it old school

Murasame said:

BUT THE BACKGROUNDS WERE STATIC.

WHAT.

Absolutely true.  It would take 1/2 the work (or less) if they remake it in the same 3d models on 2d backgrounds engine.  Make the in-game 3D models FF13 level, remake the FMVs (can re-use a lot of material from Advent Children for that), dig up the original 2D background art, replace the midi backgrounds with the orchestral arrangements (remember how awesome that was for the English release of Dragon Quest 8?), maybe add in VA work and some new content.  Yeah, not a piece of cake, but considering FF7 sold TEN MILLION COPIES, and retains the biggest fanbase of any FF so far... it's honestly crazy not to.

Jump to Post

02.10.2012 6:00pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Milky Ore said:

Murasame said:

BUT THE BACKGROUNDS WERE STATIC.

WHAT.

Absolutely true.  It would take 1/2 the work (or less) if they remake it in the same 3d models on 2d backgrounds engine.  Make the in-game 3D models FF13 level, remake the FMVs (can re-use a lot of material from Advent Children for that), dig up the original 2D background art, replace the midi backgrounds with the orchestral arrangements (remember how awesome that was for the English release of Dragon Quest 8?), maybe add in VA work and some new content.  Yeah, not a piece of cake, but considering FF7 sold TEN MILLION COPIES, and retains the biggest fanbase of any FF so far... it's honestly crazy not to.

Considering that they could get $50 for the game, they wouldn't be losing money on the extra work investment. Not only that, I'm willing to bet it'd sell more PS3 units.

Jump to Post

02.23.2012 4:42pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Screw them.  Mistwalker is the true Square now.  The company went to crap when they ditched the Gooch.

Besides, games like Skyrim existing proove that he's full of crap.  Skyrim probably has more area than an FFVII remake would need and still looks pretty good. 

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

04.04.2012 10:20pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

I still haven't played any Mistwalker games, but that seems to be the case.  They actually put the care into making their games that Square used to. 

BUT, I would shamefully still buy an FF7 remake if they ever decided they want my money.  I want to see Midgar in updated graphics and orchestral music, but with more freedom than Crisis Core!

Jump to Post

06.22.2012 12:57pm

Spooniest
Coffee Warrior

To Yoshinori Kitase, from WikiQuote:

??穴に??????ば??子??????

• Koketsu ni irazunba koji wo ezu.
  • Literally: If you do not enter the tiger's cave, you will not catch its cub.

I'm going far far away somewhere

Jump to Post

06.22.2012 2:22pm

Vyers
Dark Adonis

Testament said:

It wouldn't take 10 times as long if you worked 10 times as fast...

Laziness.

Congrats, this is the stupidiest thing I've read on the internet this week.

Jump to Post

06.22.2012 3:46pm

Spooniest
Coffee Warrior

Vyers said:

You didn't think my Japanese quote was stupider? I need to work harder...

Jump to Post

06.22.2012 4:17pm
 (Edited on 06.22.2012 at 9:28pm)

Testament
Shamshot

Vyers said:

Was a joke (apparently not as obvious as intended)... and you just read that today?

Jump to Post

06.26.2012 10:14am
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

https://kotaku.com/5921299/if-there-were-a-final-fantasy-vii-remake-final-fantasy-would-be-finished

So SE are saying they won't make a remake of FF7, but need to make a game that surpasses the popularity of FF7 as a remake would kill the franchise. It's a fair argument.

Jump to Post

06.26.2012 11:00am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

But they'll never make that game with the current staff.

That said, that Shinta guy who was the first comment is a fucking idiot.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter