Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

New Final Fantasy teaser site.

01.17.2013 8:36pm

viator
Registered Member

At least they got pixel art right this time.

dissidia.net

Jump to Post

01.17.2013 10:19pm

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

I wonder who's deviantart they stole it from.

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

01.17.2013 10:29pm
 (Edited on 01.17.2013 at 10:34pm)

Zubis
Registered Member

http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/final-fantasy-all-the-bravest-on-ios-is-a-steaming-pile-of-in-app-purchasin?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Final Fantasy: All the Bravest on iOS is a steaming pile of in-app purchasing horseshit.

...kay.

https://kotaku.com/5976887/if-theres-one-reason-to-play-final-fantasy-all-the-bravest-its-the-hilarious-flavor-text

Admitedly, that's amusing.

Jump to Post

01.18.2013 1:09am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

I can't get over the torrents of bile being levelled at SE over this, a mere iOS title. The European SE website page for this title in particular is turning into a giant flame fest in the comments section, and for no utter reason (other than a few morons still bitter over FF Type 0's no show).

I'm starting to think people now just like to gripe and criticize Square Enix because they think it's the 'in' thing. /sigh

Jump to Post

01.18.2013 3:59am

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Enkidoh said:

I can't get over the torrents of bile being levelled at SE over this, a mere iOS title. The European SE website page for this title in particular is turning into a giant flame fest in the comments section, and for no utter reason (other than a few morons still bitter over FF Type 0's no show).

I'm starting to think people now just like to gripe and criticize Square Enix because they think it's the 'in' thing. /sigh

Or they are just frustrated because they feel that S-E has shifted their focus from making engaging RPGs and moved on to easy cash grab mobile games.

Jump to Post

01.18.2013 5:23am
 (Edited on 01.18.2013 at 5:28am)

Zubis
Registered Member

Enkidoh said:

I'm fully willing to give SE the benefit of the doubt (I bought FF13-2 over Christmas and enjoyed it a lot), but this shit is ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYd12L4iE4&noredirect=1

If you loose you have to wait 90 minutes or pay money to restart.

Jump to Post

01.18.2013 6:51am

Crux
A mental Dentist's office

^ Oh god.... grinding that's all it is? I thought it'd be like a micro manager's nightmare....

Jump to Post

01.18.2013 4:00pm

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

And I thought they've finally come to sense with pricing.  Guess that's the catch.

Jump to Post

01.18.2013 6:27pm
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

So I got to play the game cause my roommate downloaded it, but im glad I did before I downloaded it too. 

The game is acutally fun as a iOS game, but this shit with having to wait many hours just to revive your party? That is so much bullshit. 

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

01.18.2013 6:38pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

Zubis said:

I'm fully willing to give SE the benefit of the doubt (I bought FF13-2 over Christmas and enjoyed it a lot), but this shit is ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYd12L4iE4&noredirect=1

If you loose you have to wait 90 minutes or pay money to restart.

Except someone I know who has it says it's 30 minutes, and it counts down even when the app isn't open. And even if it was 90 minutes, taht's not uncommon practice for microtransaction based and free-to-plya games.

Jump to Post

01.19.2013 1:51am

Zubis
Registered Member

It's dependent in the number of characters in your party apparently. The max is two hours.

Jump to Post

01.19.2013 7:43am

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

Somebody better get fired over this.

Jump to Post

01.19.2013 12:28pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Given that it's moving its way to the top of the iPhone paid apps, I think it's more likely someone will get promoted :P

Jump to Post

01.19.2013 2:48pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Ashilyn said:

Except someone I know who has it says it's 30 minutes, and it counts down even when the app isn't open. And even if it was 90 minutes, taht's not uncommon practice for microtransaction based and free-to-plya games.

I'd be fine with that if it was free to play (well not FINE, but whatever). But if I pay for a game I want to play it whenever I want. No thank you.

Jump to Post

01.19.2013 7:55pm

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

Zubis said:

Given that it's moving its way to the top of the iPhone paid apps, I think it's more likely someone will get promoted :P

Amazing.  This game has become the most universally and openly despised thing SE has ever done, and it's done so in record time, and yet the masses are still buying it? I don't know what to be depressed about more - the state of FF or the state of humanity.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter