Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Rumor: Final Fantasy Versus XIII Is Dead

07.22.2012 3:48am

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

Every time Square Enix does something to screw up the single ray of hope I still have in the company, they follow it up with something else that screws up the single ray of hope I have.

This has been going on for approaching a decade.  That ray of hope is more of a fractal these days.

Makes me glad I saved Tales of Vesperia for a rainy... decade.

Jump to Post

07.22.2012 5:44am

Rinoa
Night Star
Administrator

more ppl talking to employees who say it's just fake
https://twitter.com/SquirrelEmperor

Rinoa.Nu

Jump to Post

07.22.2012 6:33am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Probably BS since it's an unsourced Kotaku article written by Brian freakin' Ashcraft. But given Square Enix's hilarious and sad incompetence these past few years, I can believe it.

Jump to Post

07.23.2012 5:34am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

I'd find it harder to believe that the game's actually being worked on.

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

07.23.2012 9:01am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

^ Yeah, me too, I mean, how long has it been since we last heared about anything related to the game? years or so?.

Jump to Post

07.23.2012 10:55am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Well another rumor according to magicbox is that the game's assets are being moved to another game. The game apparently is FFXV.

Jump to Post

07.23.2012 1:27pm

viator
Registered Member

I'm far more concerned with inactivity regarding Type-0's western release.

Why is Square Enix silent about these two games? It doesn't make any sense.

dissidia.net

Jump to Post

07.23.2012 2:01pm

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Type-0 last I heard was apparently stated as being ported to the Vita for a Western release - an almost timid admission that the PSP is a sinking ship as far as SE was concerned. Whether or not it's still even coming though is a matter of debate.

As for Versus XIII, it's anyone's guess as to what Nomura is thinking. Personally I believe he's either been so pre-occupied with other projects it's become buried and quietly forgotten under a pile of discarded ramen boxes and leather-fetish magazines on his desk, or else as has been rumoured, it's being shorn of it's Fabula Nova Crystalis references and rebranded as FFXV, which if he'd been smart, is what it should have been all along.

But I guess we'll just have to wait and see a little longer.

Jump to Post

07.23.2012 6:35pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

Enkidoh said:

Type-0 last I heard was apparently stated as being ported to the Vita for a Western release - an almost timid admission that the PSP is a sinking ship as far as SE was concerned. Whether or not it's still even coming though is a matter of debate.

Nothing about Type-0 was ever confirmed. An offhanded comment was made in an interview about a possible Type-0 localisation, and it was supposedly going to be ported to the Vita in Japan. Both of those, however, were said in November of last year, and nothing has been said about it since. The PSP is not quite dead yet for SE, in fact they have at least one more game coming out for it in Japan (Final Fantasy III). In America, it's a different story. Growlanser IV is probably going to be the laat physical PSP release in America, and quite possibly the last one period (though I'll be surprised if Atlus passes on bringing over Eternal Punishment).

Basically, at this point it's more or less becoming accepted that we won't see Type-0, which is one of the most fun FFs in years, on our shores. Which is an absolute shame until someone fan translates it. It's kind of hilarious, since they were aiming to appeal to Western audiances to begin with with Type-0. I'll be pleasently surprised if SE changes this, but I don't see it happening.

Jump to Post

07.24.2012 10:19am

viator
Registered Member

Final Fantasy Versus XIII Not Canceled, Says Square Enix CEO

Jump to Post

07.24.2012 2:55pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

viator said:

Final Fantasy Versus XIII Not Canceled, Says Square Enix CEO

Wada tweeted. "[Laughs.] Just now, we finished our regular Versus meeting. If you could see the city in todayâ??s presentation it would sweep you off your feet."

Then how about letting us see something? 

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

07.24.2012 2:58pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

What?  Are you insane!?  They can't let you see anything until every single pixal has been purged!  PURGED!

Jump to Post

07.24.2012 7:41pm

Chlorine
Some Opera Floozy

How long can Square Enix coast without any knowledge of how to conduct business?  Are they legally obligated to avoid consumer excitement at all cost?  At this point they're like your older brother's dumb best friend, who claims he's really good at skateboarding but won't let you watch.  I don't care if you won't let me watch, but don't be surprised if I eventually forget and stop asking, Shawn.  

Jump to Post

07.24.2012 8:45pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Chlorine said:

How long can Square Enix coast without any knowledge of how to conduct business?  Are they legally obligated to avoid consumer excitement at all cost?  At this point they're like your older brother's dumb best friend, who claims he's really good at skateboarding but won't let you watch.  I don't care if you won't let me watch, but don't be surprised if I eventually forget and stop asking, Shawn.  

They know how to conduct business.... the 're-release older, more successful games' business.

Jump to Post

07.24.2012 9:03pm

Zubis
Registered Member

If memory serves 2011/2012 is actually one of Square-Enix's more profitable years because of Deux Ex and Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Their reputation is in the toilet - and they know it - but they're making money. Honestly I think the Eidos acquisition was one of the best things SE did, if for nothing else but to get their own staff into a Western company and see how it operates.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter