Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Rumor: Final Fantasy Versus XIII Is Dead

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

07.25.2012 2:40am

Old Juan
filled with hate

Zubis said:

If memory serves 2011/2012 is actually one of Square-Enix's more profitable years because of Deux Ex and Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Their reputation is in the toilet - and they know it - but they're making money. Honestly I think the Eidos acquisition was one of the best things SE did, if for nothing else but to get their own staff into a Western company and see how it operates.

Quoted for fucking truth. They've been coasting on their name for years and I think are now starting to become aware that the most gamers aren't going to bite soley based on who they are anymore. Newer gamers don't give a shit because they didn't come into the fold during Square's golden era and most of the old guard fans are fed up with them.

Jump to Post

07.25.2012 12:01pm

Zubis
Registered Member

It's a fair point about new gamers - FF4, FF7 and FF10 were the first FF titles on the SNES, PS1 and PS2, and were fantastic titles to come into the series. The first FF title available for this generation of consoles is...FF13.

Does anyone know any gamer that played FF13 as their first FF game and said "Wow this is great, I want to play the rest of the series!"?

Jump to Post

07.25.2012 5:47pm

Sanna
What a Tedious fight!

Clowd Cole said:

Then how about letting us see something? 

My thoughts exactly. It'll be another six years of waiting, methinks...

Jump to Post

07.25.2012 7:30pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Zubis said:

Does anyone know any gamer that played FF13 as their first FF game and said "Wow this is great, I want to play the rest of the series!"?

I'm sure there are some people like that, but I've mostly seen the opposite.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter