Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

So FFXIII-2 is out.

< Prev 1 ... 11 12 13 14 Next >

06.28.2012 11:47am

shadowphoenix
It all ends with beginnings...

Crono said:

I'm not doing any sidequests, no extra grinding...

I think you are going to find the last fight rather difficult then.

Jump to Post

06.28.2012 12:38pm

Seldomseen
Old Guard

^ Yeah, no kidding. I thought I was supposed to lose that battle at first. I must have spent half an hour fighting before my guys finally gave out.

Jump to Post

06.28.2012 1:55pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

My interest isn't exactly high in the game so I won't have any problem youtube-ing the ending.  It's something I haven't done in about 5 years (Odin Sphere) without first beating a final boss but if it won't go down (probably switch to easy mode) on the first go it's of to the internets I go.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

06.29.2012 8:19pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Managed to beat the final boss today.  Phase 1 and 4 both took a second try but it really didn't feel that hard; nowhere near the beast that XIII's was and I actually did a bunch of grinding in that game.  I was going through potions, wound potions, and phoenix downs like crazy but I still did it. 

And seriously, that's the ending we get?  I know we were all expecting a XIII-3 but a literal "To Be Continued" screen just irritates me.  I don't remember he line of dialogue Caius says that happens to be the cause of the ending being in the game anywhere else; maybe I forgot it I dunno.

Damn you SE.  Looks like I'll have to throw another $20 your way at some point.

Jump to Post

06.30.2012 5:30am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

It's alright. It makes up for the 5 people I let borrow FF13.  I purposely sought out people I knew were interested in the game and let them borrow it to prevent the sales going to SE, at a time when FF13 was still going for 50-60, so you can just subtract your 20$ out of the 250$ i took them out for ;) 

Jump to Post

07.13.2012 6:25pm
 (Edited on 08.12.2012 at 7:17am)

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

So, is anyone still playing this? I admit I'm really getting into this surprisingly, considering I was so dismissive and cynical of the game originally. I'm still only somewhere in Chapter 4 (I think it is?)
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
(Just completed the whole Academia/Augusta Tower thing - goddess Academia 400 AF pissed me off with being assaulted by damn Cie'th every few feet - just like the bad old days of excessive random encounter rates, although I loved the design aspect of the city appearence wise (the gairsh neon lights reflecting off rain soaked buildings and roads was very well rendered especially).
:

Adam was a pain as was to be expected for a fal'cie wannabe though, but nothing Serah and Noel couldn't handle (overgrinding  in the Crystarium helped a lot). And yes, throwing that little bitch Mog around is surprisingly enjoyable in a sadistic way. :p

Now I'm just wondering where on the Historia Crux I should go now - according to a guide I downloaded my next stop storywise is Academia 4XX AF, but then added that I should go take side trips to other time periods/areas and do missions/hunt items etc preferably beforehand. Any ideas?

Jump to Post

07.13.2012 6:38pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

I personally didn't do much backtracking until I got to the final boss and got spanked, so just moving forward is a perfectly valid way to play.

Jump to Post

07.29.2012 3:01pm

Ulterior
Registered Member

If you realy didn't like XIII, is XIII-2 worth it? I could pick it up on the cheap, but I thought I'd put a feeler out there in case I could spend my money on something else.

I love you, everything burrito.

Jump to Post

07.29.2012 8:57pm

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

Probably not.  It's the exact same battle system with a few tweaks, and the story is about the same level of quality.  Graphics are the same, music is worse, game is easier (although end-game DLC battles are harder than anything in FFXIII), game is shorter.  Depends also on what you didn't like about XIII though.  If it was the linearity of it, then you'll find XIII-2 better in that area. 

Jump to Post

07.29.2012 11:48pm

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Well, FFXIII annoyed me so much by Chapter 11 that I refuse to play it anymore. However, surprisingly, I'm really enjoying it's sequel - the battle system is much improved, and being able to explore places freely adds variety to the game. And Noel is surprisingly likeable as a protagonist. But yeah, I agree with FS - it all depends on what you disliked about FFXIII. the things I hated were more or less fixed in XIII-2, so it works for me.

And yeah, I got the game on mark-down too, so don't feel bad if you do buy it and end up not liking it - at least then SE won't be getting your full money's worth on it. ;)

Jump to Post

07.30.2012 8:36am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Ulterior said:

If you realy didn't like XIII, is XIII-2 worth it? I could pick it up on the cheap, but I thought I'd put a feeler out there in case I could spend my money on something else.

If it's cheap I guess even the biggest anti-FFXIII will pick it up (like $10 cheap) just to see if its a vast improvement.

Problem is FFXIII-2 is a sequel to a game most people hate so how can Square-Enix expect people to just rush in and buy the sequel if XIII was not liked? 

Jump to Post

07.31.2012 1:41am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

shooter_mcgavin said:

If it's cheap I guess even the biggest anti-FFXIII will pick it up (like $10 cheap) just to see if its a vast improvement.

Problem is FFXIII-2 is a sequel to a game most people hate so how can Square-Enix expect people to just rush in and buy the sequel if XIII was not liked? 

I wouldn't play the game if you paid me. That's how deep my hatred for all things FF13 runs. I can't stand the sight of the characters. If I was told it had a completely new cast I'd give it a shot, but once you hate an entire cast of characters, there's no undoing the damage.

Jump to Post

08.01.2012 9:14am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Spidey said:

I wouldn't play the game if you paid me. That's how deep my hatred for all things FF13 runs. I can't stand the sight of the characters. If I was told it had a completely new cast I'd give it a shot, but once you hate an entire cast of characters, there's no undoing the damage.

Yeah, I don't really see the thought process of Square Enix reusing characters and stories for FFXIII. It did show in the sales since sales figures being significantly low (even in Japan). Making an FFXIII equel is like George Lucas making Star Wars Episode I - The Jar Jar Binks Chronicles.

Jump to Post

08.01.2012 2:21pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Enkidoh said:

Well, FFXIII annoyed me so much by Chapter 11 that I refuse to play it anymore. However, surprisingly, I'm really enjoying it's sequel - the battle system is much improved, and being able to explore places freely adds variety to the game. And Noel is surprisingly likeable as a protagonist. But yeah, I agree with FS - it all depends on what you disliked about FFXIII. the things I hated were more or less fixed in XIII-2, so it works for me.

And yeah, I got the game on mark-down too, so don't feel bad if you do buy it and end up not liking it - at least then SE won't be getting your full money's worth on it. ;)

It's the same problem I had with FFXII.  I hated the main game but got the sequel due to word of mouth and loved every moment of that.

Jump to Post

08.09.2012 2:44am
 (Edited on 08.09.2012 at 3:46am)

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

I'm on Episode 3 (the next place I have to go to is Academia) and I've been grinding so I can topple Lightning/Amodar.  I haven't used a com monster all game.  Any suggestions on one I can get at this time?

Edit:  Finally beat Lightning/Amodar and I got her crystal on first try.  :D

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 11 12 13 14 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter