Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

So FFXIII-3 is about to be announced.

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

08.22.2012 2:20pm
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

How does this make you feel? 

http://finalfantasy13game.com/astormgathers/

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

08.22.2012 2:40pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Well, I enjoyed FFXIII and XIII-2.  Not up to the par of what a FF game SHOULD be, but fine for a modern JRPG.

I don't think this is an appropriate way of celebrating FF's anniversary though.  Much like with the Megaman crap.

Jump to Post

08.22.2012 3:37pm

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

A big sigh.  Nothing's gonna fix the world and story after FFXIII-2.  Just move on and put your resource into something better rather than beating a dead horse.

Jump to Post

08.22.2012 3:47pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Aquila said:

A big sigh.  Nothing's gonna fix the world and story after FFXIII-2.  Just move on and put your resource into something better rather than beating a dead horse.

Yeah... this. :(

Jump to Post

08.22.2012 5:50pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

The effects in the website looks better than anything ever produced in the actual FFXIII game. No I'm not exaggerating ... since I can't remember any cool visually impressive part in FFXIII. At least the cloud and lightning effects look pretty sweet in the website. 

Jump to Post

08.22.2012 5:57pm

Zubis
Registered Member

It's incredibly obvious they've all moved onto next gen titles but need something cheap and dirty to give them some money to keep going until PS4 is released.

Jump to Post

08.23.2012 1:41am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

But don't you know? If they don't release more XIII-tie-ins no one will care about the Fabula Nova Crystallis line anymore and Versus XIII will flop before it's even released! /sarcasm

Seriously though, considering that they've basically admitted that XIII-3's development is being mostly outsourced like XIII-2 was, makes this even more a cheap and nasty cash in.

However, when it's all said and done, I've enjoyed XIII-2 despite hating XIII more or less, so I'll most likely get this too once it's released, if only to see
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
if SE pulls an Aeris and makes Serah stay dead in the third title, and if Lightning remains a frozen lump of crystal for that matter.

Hell, I'd be happy if they actually bring Fang and Vanielle back as playable characters this time around.

Jump to Post

08.23.2012 2:23am

Old Juan
filled with hate

It's astonishing to think that such a polarizing title like XIII even got one sequal little alone two now.

Jump to Post

08.23.2012 2:45am

Zubis
Registered Member

Can you imagine what it must have been like at SE for the first few weeks after 13 was released? Every FF may have good and bad points, but all were ultimately liked by the majority. 13 though...

"What do you mean they didn't like it?"

Jump to Post

08.23.2012 4:14am

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

I actually have no problem against FFXIII itself other than the deus ex machina ending, but FFXIII-2 is like FFX-2 all over again: an experimental/quick cash cow title that totally destroyed the original world and story setting (coincidentally, both game and their stories were directed/written by the same guy).  Do not like and do not want.  While at it, I'd like to start a petition for SEX to fire Toriyama as this guy has clearly reached his limit in his ability to write a cohensive story and direct a game that's fun to play.

Jump to Post

08.23.2012 6:45am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Dont' really care, I'll never buy another final fantasy game again that isn't a remake of an old one. Doesn't matter if it's called FF13-2 or FF15 or whatnot. When a game company hasn't made anything good since I was still a virgin and not old enough to vote, they've lost me.

Jump to Post

08.23.2012 6:59am

Old Juan
filled with hate

When a game company hasn't made anything good since I was still a virgin and not old enough to vote, they've lost me.

This would be a great slogan for a t-shirt.

Jump to Post

08.23.2012 7:34am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Yeah, I don't care, either. FFXIII is one of the worst games I've ever played, and I refuse to play XIII-2 ever, so ... *shrug*

Jump to Post

08.23.2012 1:04pm

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Wait, didn't they just say some time ago that they'll try and get the Final Fantasy name up to its glorious stature or something?

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

08.23.2012 1:28pm

Fifan
The guy with the girly avatar

"Oh, oh, guys! Remember FFVI and FFVII, the most popular chapters in our entire francise? Yeah, even though we kicked out the original developers and have the entire company run and supervised by a board of directors, we are TOTALLY gonna get back to our roots and finally make a game that will surpass the masterpieces we made  more than 15 YEARS AGO!"

"And in the meantime... look at the pretty pictures! Yes! Lookatthat! What pretty pictures! Aren't they pretty and shiny!? Oh yes, they are!"

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter