Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Square is finally remaking FFVI...

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

10.09.2013 11:53pm
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

For iOS and Android.

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-vi-is-coming-to-ios-and-android-vii-coul-1443087791

Square Enix will be releasing a modified version of the beloved Final Fantasy VI, originally released in North America in 1994 as Final Fantasy III, this winter for iOS and Android, long-time Square director and producer Takashi Tokita told Kotaku today. The game won't be a straight port.

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

10.10.2013 12:07am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Uh, I meant to post my comment in the other thread here... I guess I'll just quite myself, haha. 

"We all knew this was coming.  It's days like this that I'm glad I don't have a smart phone so I'm in no way shape or form even bothered by this since it doesn't affect me.  I mean, you could argue it does since I'll never see a "good" remake but then I'd argue that you shut the hell up and move along, sir.  I SAID GOOD DAY."

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

10.10.2013 2:32am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

I doubt SE would go the FFIII and IV DS route with this though and instead probably just remake it the way that FFV was remade for portable devices (smoothed pixels and rework the script).

Still, a part of me is dying inside at this news. :(

Jump to Post

10.10.2013 4:46am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Does Square-Enix purposely hate it's fans? Why do I keep imaginaing the Square-Enix board room doing nothing but tryign to find ways to piss off its fans?

Jump to Post

10.10.2013 5:59am

Southern Comfort
silently judging all of you

Enkidoh said:

and rework the script

If their "rework" doesn't solely consist of reverting to the Ted Woolsey original and stop fucking with perfection you assholes, then they are failing at their job.

Jump to Post

10.10.2013 1:41pm

Old Juan
filled with hate

This news doesn't suprise me in the least.

Jump to Post

10.10.2013 2:51pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

Southern Comfort said:

If their "rework" doesn't solely consist of reverting to the Ted Woolsey original and stop fucking with perfection you assholes, then they are failing at their job.

God, I hope not. Please let that thing die already. But still, I feel like the GBA version pretty much nailed it. I don't feel like there's need to tinker with the script anymore.

Jump to Post

10.10.2013 4:34pm

ahninjas
likes 'em pretty

All of my money without question or hesitation.

Jump to Post

10.10.2013 9:09pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Laaaame.  And entirely unsurprising.

Jump to Post

10.10.2013 9:24pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

I posted this to the 1up facebook page yesterday(PM me if you want to join). On one hand, it can be good that a new audience can play the best rpg ever made. On the other, it will piss me off to no end if they screw up the graphics. They need to retain the original game's theme and tone, and not make it fit in with the cartoony sprite work of the other releases. It had a gothy, steampunk feel to the atmosphere, and I'll be pretty upset if they don't do justice to the original. We will just have to wait and see, I guess.

Jump to Post

10.11.2013 9:16am

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

I'll probably end up buying it, I'll definitely be interested to see any updated sprites. My only hope is that a Vita/3DS version ends up coming out as well, as the main thing I hate about playing games on the iPhone is using the touch screen controls.

This'll still be a nice excuse for me to play the game again.

Jump to Post

10.11.2013 10:54pm

viator
Registered Member

That's not a remake, it's a demake.

It pains me to see what they're doing to the classics. Those sprites...

dissidia.net

Jump to Post

10.12.2013 4:16am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I'm on wait and see mode, but I would much prefer a 3DS release over iOS.

Jump to Post

10.12.2013 5:53am

Spooniest
Coffee Warrior

Domo.

I'm going far far away somewhere

Jump to Post

10.12.2013 4:31pm

ahninjas
likes 'em pretty

viator said:

It pains me to see what they're doing to the classics. Those sprites...

At least wait for some screenshots to exist before you start bitching about the graphics.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter