Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Square is finally remaking FFVI...

10.12.2013 6:10pm

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

ahninjas said:

At least wait for some screenshots to exist before you start bitching about the graphics.

Yeah you really shouldn't be so negative that you need to knock a game when all that's really been revealed is one paragraph explaining its existence.

Jump to Post

10.12.2013 6:28pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

After FFXIV 2.0 I have some newfound confidence in SE. Maybe they're turning the ship around.

Jump to Post

10.12.2013 6:46pm

Kal
yes

ahninjas said:

At least wait for some screenshots to exist before you start bitching about the graphics.
Well if they're anything like the graphics for the most recent FFV port...

Jump to Post

10.12.2013 7:32pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

I must be the only one who didn't have a problem with the new FFV's graphics. I really don't get why they're considered so bad.

Jump to Post

10.13.2013 5:38am

Crisium
N/A

FFV phone has horrible character sprites.  Overall the graphics are better, but the characters... ugh.

Please don't be so ugly for FFVI.

Jump to Post

10.16.2013 7:56am

Shadow

I absolutely loved what FFIV looked like on PSP, if we get anything close to this quality I'll be ecstatic.

Jump to Post

10.16.2013 10:53am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Yeah we don't know how this will actually turn out will they use assets from the FFV IPhone Remake or FFIV PSP version. That said I am not really that impressed with the PSP remakes of the classic FF titles. I played FFI and FFII and they looked a little too clean for my taste.

I'd rather see an FFIV DS level of remaking FFVI. I really applauded the addtional content the DS remake had including new abilities, new cut scenes and balancing the diffciult. Ok FFIV's difficulty in the DS remake was anything but balanced but I think FFVI could use some balancing retouches especially how easy it was to get Ultima and how over powered that spell was.

Jump to Post

10.16.2013 1:53pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Shadow said:

I absolutely loved what FFIV looked like on PSP, if we get anything close to this quality I'll be ecstatic.

That's FFIV?!  Who are those people?

Jump to Post

10.17.2013 2:23am

ahninjas
likes 'em pretty

Crisium said:

FFV phone has horrible character sprites. Overall the graphics are better, but the characters... ugh.

Please don't be so ugly for FFVI.

You're used to the FF5 characters fitting inside 16x16 squares. That's why they looked strange tall. The battle sprites looked fine.

The FF6 characters were always tall, so it won't look strange.

Jump to Post

10.17.2013 2:54am

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

Colinp42 said:

That's FFIV?! Who are those people?

That's a screenshot from FFIV The After Years.

As far as FFVI remakes go, I wouldn't mind them pulling an FFIV DS and shaking things up with some of the enemies/bosses behaving differently than from the original version of the game. Tell the same story but tweek the gameplay to make it more balanced and/or add challenge to the game.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

10.17.2013 4:29am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Wish it was for PSPV or 3DS.....sigh

Jump to Post

10.17.2013 9:18am

Mert
on Dew

It'd be interesting to see an Ouya release.

Jump to Post

10.17.2013 2:14pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Spidey said:

Wish it was for PSPV or 3DS.....sigh
This so much.  They actually invested an effort into the PSP and DS games.  If they're going to redo VI, do it like they did for I,II, IV, or V.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

10.18.2013 9:06am

Shadow

http://www.hookedgamers.com/images/2324/final_fantasy_iv_the_complete_collection/screenshot_psp_final_fantasy_iv_the_complete_collection002.jpg

Sorry here is a better screenshot.

Jump to Post

10.18.2013 6:36pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

^I know Terra and Celes both wear leotards, but... If they end up looking like Rydia there, I think I'll vomit.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter