Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

The Art of Final Fantasy IX Scans!

05.14.2012 5:46pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Nice, looks good!

Jump to Post

05.17.2012 3:52am
Thread Creator

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

I was waiting to do FFII until my FF 20th Anniversary Ultimania's came in the mail, so that I could use artwork from them if I felt it was a better print.  And now that I have them(and a surprising amount if decent artwork), I can get back to scanning these.

I also got that V-Jump FFIX book today, and it is actually really top-notch.  It's like 99% FFIX artwork and the last two or three pages are for other games.  A lot of artwork I've never seen before, too, and much the art that is there is actually bigger, cleaner, and more scanner-friendly than the same art in The Art of FFIX.  Should be fun scanning this stuff too.

Are there any other V-Jump special edition kinda things like the one for FFIX?  I would love to see some of these for the other FF's.

Jump to Post

05.17.2012 7:36am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

I think there is - I remember seeing ones for FFVII and VIII for sale ages ago on eBay, so I assume Square must have done it as promotion for each game before their release.

Jump to Post

05.29.2012 8:55pm
Thread Creator

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

Just got everything for FFII and FFIII scanned!  I fixed up alot of the FFI stuff, too.  Now, onto Book 2 of The Sky!

Jump to Post

07.10.2012 11:55pm

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

Well, it's still on the front page so I wouldn't call it thread necromancy. It looks like The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy is coming to the US later this year. It's a boxed set of the three volumes of Amano's work with FF I-X and has a few other things added as well, included a card signed by Amano himself.

I'm on the fence about getting it myself, because as badly as I'd like to have it, I also know I'd just look at it once, maybe twice for the FFIV-VI stuff, and then set it aside to collect dust like my Art of FFIX book. While I might not get it, for those of you interested, Amazon's got a decent price drop on the pre-order right now in the first link.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

07.11.2012 3:01am
Thread Creator

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

FenixDown said:

Well, it's still on the front page so I wouldn't call it thread necromancy. It looks like The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy is coming to the US later this year. It's a boxed set of the three volumes of Amano's work with FF I-X and has a few other things added as well, included a card signed by Amano himself.

I'm on the fence about getting it myself, because as badly as I'd like to have it, I also know I'd just look at it once, maybe twice for the FFIV-VI stuff, and then set it aside to collect dust like my Art of FFIX book. While I might not get it, for those of you interested, Amazon's got a decent price drop on the pre-order right now in the first link.

Don't hold your breath for that. That phantom re-release of The Sky has been floating around for almost two years. For whatever reason Square keeps pushing it back, cancelling it, forgetting about it, whatever. I had it pre-ordered for over half a year, and when the day finally came for it to be shipped.....nothing. And then another month later it was removed from the store without any reason. I suspect the same thing will happen again come October. For the umpteenth time. I'm not even pre-ordering it this time. If it's actually released I'll buy it, but to be honest, now that I'm halfway through scanning every single Amano art from the copy of The Sky I already have, it doesn't seem as worthwhile as it once was.

Oh, but I do have everything Amano did from FFIV and FFV scanned and uploaded!

http://www.espritduo.com/Amano/FF04/
http://www.espritduo.com/Amano/FF05/

EDIT: Reading that second link is like readinga mirror image of my own thoughts and experiences with this book, heh.  But twice burned, third time shy for me.  He may be optimistic about this, but I'm not.

Jump to Post

07.29.2012 8:16am
Thread Creator

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

Everything from FFVI is now scanned as well.

http://www.espritduo.com/Amano/FF06/

Also, these, courtesy of the Premium Flipbook:

Jump to Post

07.29.2012 9:33am

Testament
Shamshot

Thanks, FS.

Jump to Post

08.01.2012 4:27am
Thread Creator

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

And FFVII.  Not much here, unfortunately.

http://www.espritduo.com/Amano/FF07/

Jump to Post

08.02.2012 5:45pm
Thread Creator

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

And FFVIII.  Even less for this one.

http://www.espritduo.com/Amano/FF08/

Jump to Post

08.02.2012 5:50pm

Rinoa
Night Star
Administrator

Thanks Free Spirit!

Rinoa.Nu

Jump to Post

08.03.2012 2:52am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

Wow, I hadn't seen quite a few of those VIII ones. Any idea what Mad Feast and Moon and Cat are all about? I was thinking maybe Mad Feast could be concept art for the Lunar Cry? But Moon and Cat... was there even a cat in the game?

Jump to Post

08.03.2012 3:11am
Thread Creator

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

Mad Feast is of a Sorceress, although whether it is Edea or Ultimecia I can't say.  I lean towards Edea. Moon and Cat is of Laguna.  Why he has a cat, I do not know.

Jump to Post

08.03.2012 5:47am

Rinoa
Night Star
Administrator

Mad Feast is def Edea's parade.

Jump to Post

08.04.2012 6:36pm
Thread Creator

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

And now FFIX!  Lots of unreleased Zidanes and Garnets in there.

http://www.espritduo.com/Amano/FF09/

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter