Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

2012 London Olympics

< Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next >

08.06.2012 5:23pm

Draco
Road trip to the Dreaming anyone?

Wow, who hexed the Vault?? I don't remember ever seeing that many gymnasts fall or screw up their landings in a row. They had to fight for those medals.

We also need to unlock the secrets of Chinese diving. I'm beginning to believe they are all waterbenders who open the water to swallow them and eleminate a splash.....

Jump to Post

08.06.2012 5:31pm

The Joker
Infernal Spawn of Evil

Tyson Gay's time of 9.80 would've given gold in every Olympic Games from 1896 to 2004 (that is, before Bolt) but this time it wasn't even enough for a medal. Toughest final in history, won by the fastest man (and possibly greatest athlete) of all time.

Jump to Post

08.07.2012 2:57am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Woohoo, go US women's soccer! That was an awesome match.  Looking forward to US vs Japan final again

Jump to Post

08.07.2012 10:23am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Fucking Dutch ref! The Americans deserved to win the game with Canada just based on time of possession and constant pressure, but that was a BRUTAL call that set up the tying goal. And then to lose in basically the last second of the match in extra time? UGH. Our ladies did Canada proud though. Onward to the bronze medal match with France!

Jump to Post

08.08.2012 4:42am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Usain Bolt stopped in an interview to allow the American Anthem play in respect to the person who won gold. https://www.wimp.com/interviewdeference/ That's a classy guy right there.

Jump to Post

08.08.2012 11:11am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Wow, did the judges ever screw up two Welterweight boxing matches yesterday. And I'm not just saying that because a local boxer was one of the fighters that got screwed. *sigh*

Jump to Post

08.08.2012 3:19pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Bah. Boxing once again reveals itself to be the massive joke we already know it is.

Jump to Post

08.08.2012 5:56pm

The Joker
Infernal Spawn of Evil

Yeah some of these events are a tad too arbitrary. I like sports where it's immediately obvious to everyone who wins and who loses.

Jump to Post

08.08.2012 6:31pm

Draco
Road trip to the Dreaming anyone?

^Like that China/USA women's beach volleyball?  That was an amazing game. Both teams fought incredibly hard for the win.

Jump to Post

08.08.2012 9:39pm

The Joker
Infernal Spawn of Evil

I don't care much about beach volleyball specifically, but yeah it isn't typically decided by arbitration.

Jump to Post

08.09.2012 9:09am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Big Tall said:

Fucking Dutch ref! The Americans deserved to win the game with Canada just based on time of possession and constant pressure, but that was a BRUTAL call that set up the tying goal. And then to lose in basically the last second of the match in extra time? UGH. Our ladies did Canada proud though. Onward to the bronze medal match with France!

I agree, that was a terrible call against you guys, shouldn't have been called. Unfortunate to win in that fashion, but at least it wasn't the final goal with the bad call.

Jump to Post

08.09.2012 11:07am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Because it's women's soccer, most people don't realize Christine Sinclair (Canada's captain) is tied for second all-time in international goals behind only Mia Hamm. She had all three against the US. Sinclair said after the loss she pities the next team to play Canada. The game is on in two hours and I can't wait.

Jump to Post

08.09.2012 3:34pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Catastrophe said:

Bah. Boxing once again reveals itself to be the massive joke we already know it is.

Boxing is seriously faker than professional wrestling. At least wrestling's honest about its predetermined nature.

Jump to Post

08.09.2012 3:39pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Canada beat France in Women's Soccer to win Bronze, score of 1-0.

Bronze or not, this win is still pretty monumental so good on them.

Jump to Post

08.09.2012 3:59pm
 (Edited on 08.10.2012 at 9:07am)

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Fuck yeah! Canada's first medal in a traditional team sport since '36 and what a way to win it. Proud of our ladies, even if I almost had a heartattack several times when France hit the post/crossbar twice in about two minutes.

Yep, Usain Bolt is unbelievable.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter