Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

2012 London Olympics

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 Next >

08.03.2012 1:30am

The Joker
Infernal Spawn of Evil

I would give her maximum score just for that. Haha.

Anyway, here's a random fact I found somewhat fascinating. The heaviest athlete in the Olympics, Ricardo Blas Jr, is over seven times heavier than the lightest athlete, Asuka Teramoto. (218 kg / 481 lbs to 30 kg / 66 lbs.)

Jump to Post

08.03.2012 3:48am

Crisium
N/A

Someone also used FFVIII music in an Olympic event a number of years ago, iirc.  Glad to see the genre out there more.

Jump to Post

08.03.2012 4:53am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

^Athens 2004:

Jump to Post

08.03.2012 1:46pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

And track and field is finally underway. As much as I can watch most of the events, this stuff pulls me in like nothing else. It helps that Canada actually has some medal contenders to root for as well.

Jump to Post

08.03.2012 3:28pm

The Joker
Infernal Spawn of Evil

Track and field is definitely among the high points of the Olympics, though I really enjoyed the table tennis final yesterday as well.

Jump to Post

08.04.2012 5:12am

Megz
Capital M before egz

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah New Zealand have more golds per head of capita and (more importantly) more golds then Australia right now! Woooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo.

Sugar. Short AND sweet.

Jump to Post

08.05.2012 3:37pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

OMGOMGOMGWHENISTHESYNCHRONIZEDDIVINGFINAL??????????

Jump to Post

08.05.2012 5:10pm

Draco
Road trip to the Dreaming anyone?

These runners are incredible.  I swear their feet actually blur like a road-runner cartoon.

Side note: I am not attacking, I am just curious and I fully respect it is their right to do so---BUT, does anyone know why Gabby Douglas and Serena Williams wouldn't look at the flag or sing the anthem when they won?  Gabby's team medal ceremony I thought she was just excited....then she did it again at the all-around ceremoney. Then Serena did it.  The silver medalist had to point out that our flag had blown off the pole because she wasn't watching it.           

Like I said, it is completely their right to do so, and I'm ok with that....but clearly they have decided to make a statement and I'm curious if anyone knows why, or if you've noticed any other athletes doing that yet?

Jump to Post

08.05.2012 6:58pm

Lexx
Terran Angel

Maybe they didn't know the lyrics.

Jump to Post

08.05.2012 7:08pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

I know in Serena's case at least it's because she's a Jehovah's Witness. As for Gabby's case, I dunno.

I don't know why it should even be an issue, though. NBC sure likes to make it one, though.

Jump to Post

08.05.2012 7:46pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Well some christians might believe that it is idol worship, which is like a no no to them. I know Gabby's a huge christian, (Not sure which denomination but it doesn't matter) due to her thanking God for everything in her interviews, that's the only explanation I can really think of.

Jump to Post

08.05.2012 8:21pm

Draco
Road trip to the Dreaming anyone?

That makes sense.  To each his own.  Thanks guys.

Jump to Post

08.05.2012 10:25pm

The Joker
Infernal Spawn of Evil

Lightning Bolt is still the king.

Jump to Post

08.05.2012 11:58pm

Sei'taer
lost

I know quite a few of the atheletes don't sing the anthem because they don't want to be bawling on camera, or are just that choked up.

Jump to Post

08.06.2012 10:44am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Usain Bolt is the most incredible athlete I've seen in my lifetime. Watching him again last night it was like he was just jogging to another win. Ho Hum. Then they showed a front-on camera and you could see the effort he was putting in...there was no holding back in this race. How can someone make what he does look so damn easy? And to think by the time Rio rolls around he'll be entering his prime as a sprinter? Good lord...

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter