Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

2012 London Olympics

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Next >

07.31.2012 4:30pm

arcite
Funky Monkey

amaron said:

NBC has been broadcasting the Olympic games since forever... you'd think they'd know what to and not to do.

No instead they want to mention how the Olympics impact twitter and other social media. I mean they skipped the still rings entirely in the men's gymnastics (people don't fall so it's not exciting enough?) Even on 5 different channels the coverage has been pretty poor.

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.

When the American men started doing poorly in gymnastics they just stopped covering them entirely. I think they had some events that were better than the rough start they got off to, why not show them doing well?

Jump to Post

07.31.2012 5:22pm
Thread Creator

Kellios
Yikes and away!

^ God forbid we might like to see some of the other athletes from other countries. GASP.

That must make me a terrorist.

Jump to Post

07.31.2012 5:27pm

Tristan
Just Giv'r

The Joker said:

The men's and women's finals of 3000 meters steeplechase take place on August 5th and 6th respectively.

Nice! I'll be on the lookout.

Jump to Post

07.31.2012 5:34pm

arcite
Funky Monkey

Kellios said:

^ God forbid we might like to see some of the other athletes from other countries. GASP.

That must make me a terrorist.

Didn't mean it like that :) Don't get me started on how poor their coverage is for anyone else. They're not even consistent in what they show or who they decide to follow and they change midstream. It was more that they switched completely, almost like they weren't worth the time anymore.

And as mentioned before, their tact is almost completely lacking.

Jump to Post

07.31.2012 7:24pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

So that's what happens to China's women's gymnastics team when they can't cheat: They don't medal.

And yay U.S. team!

Jump to Post

07.31.2012 9:29pm
Thread Creator

Kellios
Yikes and away!

arcite said:

Didn't mean it like that :) Don't get me started on how poor their coverage is for anyone else. They're not even consistent in what they show or who they decide to follow and they change midstream. It was more that they switched completely, almost like they weren't worth the time anymore.

And as mentioned before, their tact is almost completely lacking.

*laughs* Oh, I know you didn't,. Sorry, didn't mean to imply that. It was more of an add on to your comment.

Jump to Post

08.01.2012 3:55am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Watching NBC"s olympics is a joke. I just stream online from other countries feeds. Tape delay is worthless.

Jump to Post

08.01.2012 8:11am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Rhaegar said:

So that's what happens to China's women's gymnastics team when they can't cheat: They don't medal.

And yay U.S. team!

How did CHina cheat in 2008? The only accusation I remember is that China's Women Gymnasts were accused of being lower the age minimum but has that been proven?

Jump to Post

08.01.2012 8:23am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Signs strongly point to the 2008 Chinese team having underaged competitors.

And while we're on the subject of China and its athletics programs' rich tradition of cheating, a show of hands on who has their ... suspicions about Ye Shiwen.

Jump to Post

08.01.2012 8:36am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Oh I remember seeing the chinese girls in the last Olympics and just knowing they were underage, regardless of how skinny and or muscular you are, by way of puberty signs alone, you can tell.

I felt bad for the russian girls tonight, soo much blubbering. :(

Jump to Post

08.01.2012 3:31pm

Sanna
What a Tedious fight!

So much crying :(. But I was happy the USA won. In the end, they had the better team. 

Jump to Post

08.01.2012 5:01pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Rhaegar said:
And while we're on the subject of China and its athletics programs' rich tradition of cheating, a show of hands on who has their ... suspicions about Ye Shiwen.

Unless proven otherwise I say she's clean. So far, she was not tested positive for performance enhacment drugs and the Olympic Comittee seems to stand by this. 

Jump to Post

08.01.2012 6:06pm

Lexx
Terran Angel

Rhaegar said:

I'm definitely suspicious of her.  Either something hinky is going on, or she's the next step in human evolution.

Jump to Post

08.01.2012 6:27pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Really? Throwing badminton games? I don't know what bugs me more...that three teams were so blatant about it or that it's already been dubbed Shuttlegate.

Jump to Post

08.01.2012 7:11pm

The Joker
Infernal Spawn of Evil

Rhaegar said:

I don't see why she is more suspicious than someone like Phelps. There's some dirt in the US athletics history as well (remember BALCO?) and I don't think we should point fingers at any individial athletes without actual evidence.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter