Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

The Lego Appreciation Thread

< Prev 1 2 Next >

10.22.2011 1:53pm

Fukiyama
Sysadmin of my brain

The Soace system was cool with the different factions: Futron, Blacktron, M-tron with the magnets, Space Police.

The video of 2001 done with Legos is pretty awesome.

Jump to Post

10.26.2011 11:44pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Ah man legos were awesome, though bloody expensive. I used to make the box instructions once, then break it apart and throw it in my grandmaster bin where i'd just mix all my shit and make anything I wanted.  I haven't done anything since I was a kid though. For some reason I was really instread the "dumper/recylcle statoin" set, I have no idea why. It was cool hidding stuff in those recycle dumpsters.

Jump to Post

10.27.2011 12:27am

Sei'taer
lost

I'm still a huge fan of lego's as an artisitic medium, but I got out of the craze when lego pieces started becoming too custom.  It seems like things I had to put together growing up come in one pre assembled custom piece now.

Jump to Post

10.27.2011 6:26am

Southern Comfort
silently judging all of you

Yeah, Lego had a craze for giant single-use bits a few years back.  They're slowly coming back to the old direction now.

Jump to Post

10.27.2011 10:08pm

Call
Firefightin' Administrator
Administrator

When I was a kid, the entire east half of the attic was mine...not my bedroom, my LEGO city.  I had mostly the standard City sets, and rarely dabbled in Space or Castle sets.  One or two buildings were instruction built, but everything else was original.  I had a working drawbridge that spanned the aluminum foil river, a four-story office tower, and one house.  I found it odd that only one family lived there, and was able to support a Coast Guard station, fire and police services, a hospital, airport, and the local Shell station (why always Shell?).  I bought a couple of the Star Wars sets a few years ago.

I have all of my LEGOs still in a tupperware bin in the basement, where they were waiting on my son.  Since I had a daughter instead, it appears that LEGO will be one of the "boy things" she'll be well versed in, along with video games and Star Wars.  She already wants a "green lifetaber, like Yowa has" though she just only turned two.

One site to look at: Bricklink.  Totally cool.

Jump to Post

11.03.2011 8:59pm

noclist
Chalky Studebaker

The traveling Lego Kids Fest is near me this weekend. Does anyone know if this is something that would be worth going to or if it's just a cute event aimed towards kids? I'm a 25 year old guy who loves legos, btw.

Jump to Post

11.04.2011 5:21pm

OrionHardy
Otherworld

Do you have any nieces, nephews or a friend with children? Because I wouldn't turn up to something like that one my own, you will be looked at weirdly.

Great men aren't everywhere, just where it counts.

If you ever see me online playing Halo, join me please.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter