Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

Zombies.

05.29.2012 10:41pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

Ulterior said:

apparently the guy was on a research chemical, specifically a PCP analog (either 3-MeO-PCP or 4-MeO-PCP).

Why does every story involving PCP end with someone eating someone else/themselves?

Really? I saw an article last night claiming it was LSD. Let me see if I can find it...

Jump to Post

05.29.2012 10:43pm

Testament
Shamshot

Was it the link in Enk's post? Here it is again. It wasn't confirmed at that point.

Jump to Post

05.29.2012 11:08pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Enkidoh said:

I don't know why everyone is so quick to think this is something out of a bad Z-grade zombie flick though where it's obviously just another sad yet still horrific attack by a drug-crazed psychotic on a vulnerable homeless man.
Because we were kidding.

Jump to Post

05.30.2012 1:07am

Zophycakes
I'M FROM THE INTERNETTTT
Administrator

Id82 said:

You sound like you don't have a fun imagination.

I know when I think imaginative, I think of zombies. Just like every last person on the internet's reaction to this story.

Jump to Post

05.30.2012 1:09am

Ulterior
Registered Member

Testament said:

Was it the link in Enk's post? Here it is again. It wasn't confirmed at that point.

they say it's a "new experimental" form of LSD. not to sound like an apologist, but A) While LSD is powerful, I've never seen or heard of someone doing this to another person on LSD and B) I have seen multiple articles/police reports of people eating each other /themselves while under the influence of PCP. the "experimental" part makes me think that it's a PCP analogue like I said earlier. But people see "research chemical" and assume it's LSD...

I love you, everything burrito.

Jump to Post

05.30.2012 2:04pm

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Id82 said:

You sound like you don't have a fun imagination.

I do have a very active imagination. Just my idea of 'fun' is different to everyone elses.

Also, I  can't understand this attraction most nerds have towards zombies (namely, this whole stupid 'zombie apocalypse' idea). The true zombie is a victim of Haitian black magic whose been poisoned with tetradotoxin (the venom of the puffer fish) to be mistaken as 'dead', buried alive, dug up, beaten, 'revived', and poisoned some more to the point of brain damage, and then used as a source of slave labour. Not the fanciful reanimated corpse variety beloved by Hollywood which so many nerds seem to have a hard on for.

Or maybe I'm just too jaded and cynical. ;)

Jump to Post

05.31.2012 1:41am

Kellios
Yikes and away!

New reports are saying it's "bath salts" - or really a type of meth/cocaine that's, well, basically on steroids. Yikes. Don't do stupid synthetic drugs, kids.

Jump to Post

05.31.2012 9:16am

Revrick
Mind your P's and Q's

All zombie shit aside, its times like this that make me proud my initials are PCP.

Jump to Post

05.31.2012 3:18pm

OrionHardy
Otherworld

Now there is this too - Man Stabs himself and throws his skin and intestines at police.

Great men aren't everywhere, just where it counts.

If you ever see me online playing Halo, join me please.

Jump to Post

05.31.2012 3:33pm

Seldomseen
Old Guard

^ It reads like he was trying desperately, albeit gruesomely, to fight off a plaga infestation in his body.

Jump to Post

06.01.2012 3:26am

Magicjewel
Dr. Fantabulous
Administrator

Man dismembers roommate and eats his heart and part of his brain.

"Well, your brain seems to work a little bit." -- Rune Walsh, Phantasy Star IV.

Jump to Post

06.02.2012 3:54am

Crisium
N/A

http://www.huliq.com/12092/canadian-cannibal-videotapes-killing-prompts-international-manhunt

Lots of Zombies these past few days.  Oh well, it is 2012 we all knew this was coming.

Jump to Post

06.02.2012 4:47am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

It's like a season of Criminal Minds this past week.

Jump to Post

06.02.2012 6:25am

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

CALM YO TITS

Jump to Post

06.02.2012 6:46am
 (Edited on 06.02.2012 at 8:06am)

Testament
Shamshot

Ulterior said:

they say it's a "new experimental" form of LSD. not to sound like an apologist, but A) While LSD is powerful, I've never seen or heard of someone doing this to another person on LSD and B) I have seen multiple articles/police reports of people eating each other /themselves while under the influence of PCP. the "experimental" part makes me think that it's a PCP analogue like I said earlier. But people see "research chemical" and assume it's LSD...

Maybe he was hallucinating and thought bro's face was a burrito.

Seriously, though... I've dropped several times, and while I never felt the urge to eat a face off, I laughed (insanely hard, considering the circumstances) through the whole second half of Titanic... and it was my first time viewing that film.

Yeah, most likely not LSD in this case. Unless the experiment was PCP mixed with LSD. ; )

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter