Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Assassins Creed 2.75

< Prev 1 2 Next >

11.17.2011 12:00am
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Anyone else playing this game?

Anyone totally annoyed by this tower defense shit they put in?

Anyone else think the game has become totally annoying because of how often your areas get attacked?

What the hell Ubisoft? WTF is this shit?

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

11.17.2011 3:12am

Zubis
Registered Member

There are mixed reviews on this at the moment. Reviewers apparently love it, but fans, not so much.

I'm told (and I dunno if this is true or not) that the game essentially pulls a Halo 2 style ending off and fans are not happy at all.

Jump to Post

11.17.2011 4:16am

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Zubis said:

There are mixed reviews on this at the moment. Reviewers apparently love it, but fans, not so much.

I'm told (and I dunno if this is true or not) that the game essentially pulls a Halo 2 style ending off and fans are not happy at all.

And the others haven't?

Jump to Post

11.17.2011 4:18am
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Theyve all done that. XD

If totally stoped trying to play den defence. I let the templars take it over then retake it.

Jump to Post

11.17.2011 6:14am

KyleIII
Registered Member

I haven't gotten far in singleplayer yet, but I've been playing quite a bit of multiplayer the last couple nights. Brotherhood has been the only multiplayer game I've played with any regularily in the last couple years, and I imagine it's going to be the case with this one as well, most of the improvements seem to work really well.

Haven't gotten far enough into the story to comment on it. I've only played up to about the den defense tutorial. Seems like an Assassin's Creed game so far, and I've enjoyed all of them, so here's hoping it stays that way!

Jump to Post

11.17.2011 6:33am

CaButler

For those that got the Signature Edition and was able to get the Assassin's Crred short, "Embers", what did you think of it?

Jump to Post

11.17.2011 7:50am

Zubis
Registered Member

I haven't played the series so they all end like that? Sheesh. I hate stuff like that.

Embers is on YouTube (for now).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CJdo5KH2oE

Quite good, though seems a bit of a heavy handed way to introduce a new (playable?) character to the series.

Jump to Post

11.17.2011 2:12pm

CaButler

Zubis said:

I haven't played the series so they all end like that? Sheesh. I hate stuff like that.

Embers is on YouTube (for now).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CJdo5KH2oE

Quite good, though seems a bit of a heavy handed way to introduce a new (playable?) character to the series.

Assuming said character becomes playable.  Given the natural progression of the series, I highly suspect that Desmond will be our guy for AC3.

Jump to Post

11.17.2011 2:35pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

That's assuming the next AC game is a true AC3 and not "Assassin's Creed 2.8449593: Ezio in Space."

Jump to Post

11.17.2011 6:33pm

KyleIII
Registered Member

They've already announced that next year will be the last game in the current storyline and the yearly releases will go on hiatus after that.

Jump to Post

11.17.2011 8:49pm
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

So wait a though this one was the last ezio game?

Jump to Post

11.17.2011 9:01pm
 (Edited on 11.17.2011 at 9:08pm)

CaButler

I'm pretty sure he means the story as a whole, which is Desmond's story.

Revleations is being touted as the final chapter to Altair and Ezio's stories, with Ember being the nail in the coffin, given how that ends.

AC3 (if it's called that) will be Desmond taking center stage (more than likely) and bring an end to the this (horribly inaccurate) trilogy.

Jump to Post

11.17.2011 10:32pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Assassin's Creed is a trilogy in the Douglas Adams sense. *nods*

Jump to Post

11.17.2011 11:56pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Clearly they heard what Robert Rodriguez tried to do a few years ago with Once Apon a Time in Mexico and so they're trying to pull off two trilogies with five games.

Jump to Post

11.18.2011 8:00am

KyleIII
Registered Member

Personally, I hope the next game doesn't focus purely on Desmond. I find the modern storyline interesting, in it's charmingly insane way, but I think one of the strengths of the series is that it does the historical portions so well to, and really shows off settings that really aren't seen in very many games. I'm rooting for the French Revolution setting that was heavily implied by the ending of Brotherhood.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter