Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Game of the year

11.23.2011 7:11am

Som
Genitals are Funny

Websites and magazines who do GotY things are a joke. Winner is just whatever company pays the most for it. MW2.5 will win most.

Me personally i vote Skyrim, Deus Ex HR, Portal 2 and Bastion

Jump to Post

11.23.2011 7:16am

Ashilyn
Career GM

I actually liked MW3 a lot, and I hated MW2. I wuoldn't call it GotY, but I do think it's getting a bad wrap just for being CoD. As for my personal GotY, I really don't know. I know my top choices would be Skyrim, Saints Row: The Third and Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

I've only just started playing Arkham City so I can't comment there, and while Gears of War 3 was a very good game, like MW3 I can't really call it GotY. Portal 2 was also incredibly fun and hilarious, but I don't think there was enough there compared to other games to earn it GotY.

Technically Minecraft came out this year too, if you want to split hairs. That's another one I'd consider too.

Jump to Post

11.23.2011 7:17am

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

I'd have to have played games from this year to have a favorite.  Well, okay, I played some of Radiant Historia and enjoyed it.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

11.23.2011 3:05pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Bastion was very awesome but when compared to Xenoblade, Uncharted 3, and Radiant Historia it just isn't going to win.  I've yet to play Uncharted 3 but I know it would stand a fighting chance to win with me; that asside, I'l go with Xenoblade. 

And yes, it was an awesome year in gaming.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

11.23.2011 5:03pm

Amer
pew pew pew

I've played all of those games except AC, Xenoblade, and Saints Row. 

That said, for me it's Skyrim. 

If Skyrim wasn't there, I'd probably say either Batman or Portal 2. Uncharted just didn't evolve things enough for me. 

Jump to Post

11.24.2011 12:06am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

1) Xenoblade Chronicles
2) Radiant HIstoria
3) Portal 2
4) Uncharted 3

Easy choices for me. Xenoblade combines the most fun aspects of eastern and western rpgs, amazing story, lovable characters, 150+  hours of content doing everything, one of the best VGM soundtracks in since Chrono Chross, and gorgeous visuals and environment..first time in awhile I could easily choose a game of the year. I am also hesitant to give GoTY to sequels so it was even easier choice out of these four games I enjoyed. I've only played bits of UC3 but it's good enough to hit the list, I know I'll like it when I get to the rest.

The only game on the list I don't like is Modern Warfare 3. I have'nt played The Witcher 2 or Bastion yet (will get to it I promise Chrono) , and the rest are average.

Jump to Post

11.24.2011 6:40am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Shouldn't we wait until Top Shot: Dinosaur Hunter comes out before making all of these wild claims about "game of the year"?

Jump to Post

11.24.2011 10:40am

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Why not include Dragon Age II?  It's still one of the best games I played this year, flaws notwithstanding.  It strived for a lot and achieved most of it.

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

11.24.2011 2:00pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I know it isn't technically out yet, but it comes out in December and if the beta is any indication, my GOTY is probably The Old Republic.

Jump to Post

11.24.2011 4:38pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

My opinion is DX: HR.

On a side note, how many people would have thought that DX: HR would be in on any GOTY discussion before it came out?

Jump to Post

11.24.2011 10:24pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Skyrim by a landslide...

Jump to Post

11.25.2011 1:41am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

amaron said:

My opinion is DX: HR.

On a side note, how many people would have thought that DX: HR would be in on any GOTY discussion before it came out?

I was cautiously optimistic and was really impressed by the art direction in trailers and teasers.

Granted my expectations were "Better than Invisible War," which if you've played Invisible War, you know aren't very high expectations.

Jump to Post

11.25.2011 2:59am

Seelas
I want to go back.

Bastion is my game of the year. There were a lot of big releases this year but almost all of them felt marred by some major flaw that kept them from being truly great games. Deus Ex: HR nailed the gameplay, but had a completely dysfunctional script and world. Skyrim nailed the world, but had lackluster combat and sterile, zombie-like characters. Bastion was the only game that just gave me everything I wanted from start to finish, and I hope to see more awesome things from Supergiant in the future.

That being said, I haven't played Xenoblade or The Witcher 2.

Jump to Post

11.25.2011 6:17am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Suprisingly I have not finished a lot of games yet but my list so far are Skyrim, Dragon Age 2, and Deus Ex.

Jump to Post

11.29.2011 7:32am

Crisium
N/A

Uncharted 3.  I just finished it tonight, and didn't want to make my pick until I did.

Runner-up: Radiant Historia.

Battlefield 3 has taken tons of my time for the multiplayer, but the single player is just eye candy and it can be glitchy so I cannot give it GOTY honors, though it is hella fun.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter