Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Kickstarter Projects

< Prev 1 2 Next >

07.12.2012 10:18pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Why wouldn't Nintendo sue Google/Android then? There are tons of emulators on the store.

Jump to Post

07.31.2012 7:17pm
 (Edited on 08.02.2012 at 6:17pm)

Testament
Shamshot

FFIII for Ouya. It would be awesome if it was the original version, but will most likely be the already released Android version.

Definitely the remake.

Jump to Post

08.23.2012 5:24pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Broken Sword - the Serpent's Curse.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/165500047/broken-sword-the-serpents-curse-adventure

Do your thing people :)

Jump to Post

08.23.2012 8:04pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

Sweet fancy jesus in a thong this needs to happen.  For the good of humanity.

Jump to Post

09.07.2013 10:55pm

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

Almost made a new thread but then vaguely recalled there was a Kickstarter-centric thread alreadly in existence. So... Necromancy!

Kickstarter has been getting my attention a lot lately, ever since OverClocked ReMix did theirs for funding production costs and physical copies of their Final Fantasy VI album. I figured I'd share some that are currently active that I'm backing or at least considering backing. Since I already made a thread for Mighty No. 9, I'll spare the details here and just link to the thread.

Another Kickstarter I've backed that could really use more support is Video Games Live: Level 3. It's a Kickstarter to fund VGL's third CD release, featuring a variety of classic and modern video game orchestral arrangements that include the currently announced tracks: Monkey Island, Street Fighter II, Journey, Shadow of the Colossus, and Beyond Good and Evil. The rewards for backing this Kickstarter are extremely generous, you basically get at least quadruple the value of the tier you back at in digital and physical content from exclusive bonus albums, sheet music from the shows (signed by composers at higher levels) , among other things in addition to the new album itself. So if you're a fan of video game music and can spare a few bucks, this might be a worthwhile place to put it.

One last Kickstarter I've been watching but haven't actually backed myself yet is Project Phoenix, an indie squad-based RTS JRPG with a soundtrack composed by Nobuo Uematsu. It's mainly for PC but apparently they're going for a release on Playstation 4 and the Vita as well. It only has a couple days left.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

09.10.2013 1:43pm

Crisium
N/A

Paypal being hateful toward a fighting game, again.

PayPal refusing to release all funds for Yatagarasu AoC Indiegogo campaign, group says setback could potentially derail development

Jump to Post

09.10.2013 3:17pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

I can see why Kickstarter uses Amazon Payments instead of Paypal.

But seriously, this is Skullgirls all over again!  And while that did get resolved that was a "barely resolved".

And the thing is, this is probably some automated system doing it, not an actual person, because I can't see an actual person being that jerkish.

Jump to Post

09.10.2013 9:41pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

And another one, Paypal freezes Dreamfall Chapters.

Jump to Post

09.11.2013 4:31pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

Yata's money has been released, Dreamfall probably will soon. At least someone is almost paying attention (...to the internet, rather than their business workings).

Just when I thought I was free and clear until Zeboyd put up the Cosmic Star Heroine kickstarter, River City Ransom: Underground had to go and get a kickstarterr. Welp.

Jump to Post

09.12.2013 6:20am
 (Edited on 09.14.2013 at 10:54pm)

tenken
Hooligan

WayForward has a Kickstarter going on for a new Shantae game, Shantae: Half-Genie Hero. It looks really cool, and they have a ton of platform choices right out of the gate (not gated behind stretch goals), so you'll have multiple choices of what system you'd like to play it on. Currently it's tracking pretty well and looks like it'll clear its funding goal, but it does have some pretty neat stretch goals, so if cute Metroidvania-esque platformers with lush art stylings are your thing, sign on now for great justice.

EDIT: There ain't no gettin off this train we're on! Another cool-looking Kickstarter game was announced just recently. Take a look at Hyper Light Drifter! Think top-down exploration in the vein of LttP, but with more fast-paced, platformer-esque combat, all in a very atmospheric world. The visual style looks a bit like Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery, but has more detail than that game's high minimalism. Definitely gonna keep my eye on HLD. The wallets, they cry out, but from their tears shall grow a hundred promising games!

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter