Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Mass Effect 3 beta leaked.

< Prev 1 2 Next >

11.06.2011 9:17pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

They released a press statement that said, paraphrasing, that those modes were a work in progress.

Jump to Post

11.06.2011 9:19pm

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

KyleIII said:

Have they actually said those options will be in the full game? I got the impression it was something put in for the demo when I first read about it, but I haven't been following news about this game too closely.

"Whether it be someone who finds the combat difficult but wants to experience the amazing story, someone who wants to focus on the action and combat game play, or fans who want the rich, story-driven RPG Mass Effect experience theyâ??ve come to love â?? Mass Effect 3 will support all of these options."

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

11.07.2011 1:44am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Spidey said:

As long as I'm playing RPG mode I don't care. The default in every FF is "slow ass battles" (I increase the battle speed each time) and I would find the games unplayable at the slower setting, but that doesn't mean the option wasn't there ecery time. I think more games should have options like this. God I'd have loved if games like Persona 3 and 4 had the "story mode" setting like that.
They did for Persona 3!  You just had to have the PSP version and put on an experience multiplier. :D

So with this 3 modes deal... I'm guessing that "RPG mode" is the REAL Mass Effect 3 experience?

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

11.07.2011 7:01pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Yeah, I've been thinking of hitting up P3 on the PSP, and using multipliers. Good call, I'll do that and give the game a full play :D

Jump to Post

11.07.2011 7:17pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

If it exists, the internet will bitch about it. This is even sillier than the bitching about pandas in an MMO with cow people, fish people, wolf people, centaur cat people, and space goats.

Jump to Post

11.07.2011 11:44pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

I gave up on the internet's opinion of games when they declared Dragon Age 2 to be a shit game.

Jump to Post

11.08.2011 1:00am

Lucent
Dip Trip Flip Fantasia

Ashilyn said:

I gave up on the internet's opinion of games when they declared Dragon Age 2 to be a shit game.

S'truth.

Jump to Post

11.08.2011 1:28am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Ashilyn said:

DA2 is a great game with really, really serious flaws.  None of them have anything to do with not being DA:O.

Jump to Post

11.08.2011 2:47am

Ashilyn
Career GM

reido said:

Ashilyn said:

DA2 is a great game with really, really serious flaws.  None of them have anything to do with not being DA:O.

t defintiely had flaws, but it was still a fantastic game that didn't try and retread the LOL GRIMDARK FANTASY lines of DA:O. I'll never understand why that was a bad thing. What makes me sad is that, listening to BioWare talk about the game  at PAX, it sounds like that's exactly the crowd they're looking to cater to with DA3 :\

It's just like how I've never understood the people who complain about Mass Effect 2 or Dragon Age 2 being dumbed down and not RPG enough. OMG I CAN"T MINMAX MY SHIT ANYMORE WAAAAAH is what it boils down to, because what ME2 and DA2 did was throw out a lot of the extraneous stuff people never used (like the noncombat skill in DAO - outside of potion making and  lockpicking, I don't know anyone who used them). Somehow, this robs it of being an RPG and turns them into lol tps and lol hack and slash? Except... if you play above easy and employ those kinds of tactcs, you're going to start getting your ass kicked eventually. It takes more than stat building and min maxing to make an RPG.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter