Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Metal Gear Rising Demo/Impressions

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

02.24.2013 6:16pm

judge_raz
Ceci n'est pas une lobster

Holy CRAP the camera in this game is bad. Like...WOW. It's as if the designers went out and purposefully attempted to make The Worst Video Game Camera Ever. And then they did it. I'm frequently stunned with how absolutely awful it is.

The rest of the game is pretty good. It needs more Bayonetta and less Metal Gear, though.

"Of Christ's twelve Apostles Judas alone proved to be traitor. But if he had acquired power, he would have represented the other eleven Apostles as traitors, and also all the lesser Apostles whom Luke numbers as seventy." - Leon Trotsky

I have a blog. This is its URL. You should read it. It's about education and skepticism and books and it has a lot of pictures of Batman and Robin in it: https://baldermoon.wordpress.com/

Jump to Post

02.24.2013 6:18pm

Zubis
Registered Member

resare said:

It took me a little while to really enjoy it, mostly because parrying's a hassle and also the game dumps you into some really ridiculous fights that seem ten times as difficult as anything else you've come across (i.e. those three fucking mechs after you save the kid in the sewers). The game's much more enoyable when you're just slashing away at the grunts.

The plot's flimsy as hell, I find myself only paying attention to the brief snippets about past MGS games. I'll stick with it through to the end though, providing I can beat Monsoon and not ragequit.

You will ragequit on the final boss. Protip: spend time exploring the levels to get your health powerups.

Jump to Post

02.24.2013 6:32pm

resare
Exceptional narcissist

Literally seconds after I made that post I figured out that I was holding the stick in a direction and not flicking it like I should've been. Then everything surprisingly went swimmingly.

Jump to Post

02.24.2013 8:29pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

If I remember right, the game was getting some bad press before they had the Bayonetta people take over development. But yeah, I beat the game in the wee hours of the morning today. I didn't know how right I was about the batshit comment until the final fight. That sort of tickles my funny bone! Anyway, the only thing I didn't like about the end
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
was the fact that the villain had to make their "shocking political stance" clear, which was kinda crap in my eyes. Is that really how Japanese people view American ideals? It sort of grated on my nerves because of its inaccuracies.
But yes, the game is completely standalone, so anyone new won't be lost. Also, the camera sucked in this game because I felt it was just too close, and there was no lock on or auto adjust, so it would be fixated on one place while enemies were chewing me up out of camera. Otherwise, it was pretty good, just a little short. 4 out of 5 from me.

Jump to Post

02.24.2013 9:45pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Lock on is R2.

Jump to Post

02.24.2013 9:51pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

^Ha! I played the whole game and didn't even realize.

Jump to Post

02.25.2013 2:04am

resare
Exceptional narcissist

Coolsetzer said:
If I remember right, the game was getting some bad press before they had the Bayonetta people take over development.

What, like two years ago? Way to go, press.

Jump to Post

02.25.2013 9:23am

The Hulk
Good Boy

judge_raz said:

Holy CRAP the camera in this game is bad. Like...WOW. It's as if the designers went out and purposefully attempted to make The Worst Video Game Camera Ever. And then they did it. I'm frequently stunned with how absolutely awful it is.
thank god, I was starting to think it was just me.

Jump to Post

02.25.2013 5:00pm

judge_raz
Ceci n'est pas une lobster

I keep thinking about turning it back on and playing it for a little bit, but then I think of the camera and I change my mind. Pretty sure I'm just going to take it back to Family Video today, even though it isn't due until Wednesday.

Jump to Post

02.27.2013 3:06am

resare
Exceptional narcissist

Ok, I just finished it. The last boss wasn't too tricky -- you can run underneath the debris he throws at you to avoid the blade mode bit -- and I managed it after a couple of attempts. Really fun game though, despite a few little issues here and there.

Jump to Post

02.27.2013 5:04am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

A little off topic, but right now I'm replaying MGS4. My God, I love this game. I'm up to the third act, and it has just been such a pleasure to play. They really went all out with this game. Seeing the bit with Raiden again, it made me realize that Rising really could have used a dodge button. I think that's why it wasn't as fun for me. Because they used a parry and block system instead. I wonder if it would have been better to drop the block and go with deflect/ dodge combat system.

Jump to Post

02.27.2013 8:25am

Zubis
Registered Member

It has a dodge button too. Square + X, once you unlock the skill.

Jump to Post

02.27.2013 8:27am

Wipwned
YEEEEEAAAH!

I still find it funny Metal Gear Ray is the first boss fight; thing's become the Glass Joe of the series.

Jump to Post

02.27.2013 10:00am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

LOL, I clearly don't pay attention at all. I just want to start a game and enjoy myself these days. Video games shouldn't be work!

Jump to Post

02.28.2013 2:40am

hanzo
Harry Ballsagna

I thought the battle sytem was annoying and playing this game reminded me of how much I miss Metal Gear Solid, which was amazing at the point of my life at which I played it.

Also sons of liberty sucked, and I loved snake eater but I only remeber exactly 3 moments in the game.

WTF is MGS4

ps where is my FFVII remake.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter