Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

New Assassin's Creed leaked

< Prev 1 2 Next >

03.20.2014 1:38am
Thread Creator

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

I'm the first one to this here? OK.

Apparently it's taking place during the French Revolution, which many of us figured would happen. I'm totally OK with that.

Not as OK with the main character being another white dude, apparently. I mean, I loved Edward Kenway in ACIV, but they really need to mix it up representation-wise. Particularly disappointed the character won't be female.

Also apparently there will be two ACs this fall. The one revealed is for next-gens, and there's a second being developed for the past-gens.

Jump to Post

03.20.2014 1:47am

Zubis
Registered Member

There will be six AC games in one year by the time these two get released. People are definitely getting burned out on the franchise.

Jump to Post

03.20.2014 1:53am
Thread Creator

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Six?

Jump to Post

03.20.2014 2:09am

Zubis
Registered Member

From November 2013 to November 2014:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation HD
Assassin's Creed: Utopia
Assassin's Creed: Pirates
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Assassin's Creed: Comet

Jump to Post

03.20.2014 2:32am
Thread Creator

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Utopia was canceled altogether. Pirates is a smartphone diversion of a game that has almost nothing in common with Assassin's Creed proper other than somehow having its name attached. And Liberation HD is a rerelease of a Vita game that many fans petitioned Ubisoft to port over to console/PC.

Hardly burnout inducing there.

Jump to Post

03.20.2014 3:50am
 (Edited on 03.20.2014 at 3:57am)

Wipwned
YEEEEEAAAH!

The series has been around since 2007. From then until now, there's been six major releases for the series (not counting the handheld games, iOS games, books, comics or films).

How is that not burnout inducing?

Jump to Post

03.20.2014 3:57am
Thread Creator

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

If they're all at least solid games? If the latest one is a bloody masterpiece even?

Jump to Post

03.20.2014 4:06am

Wipwned
YEEEEEAAAH!

This might just be a difference of opinion but adding naval warfare to your historical series about assassins is hardly worthy of the 'masterpiece' moniker. It's a great addition, but it doesn't enhance the series beyond "Alright, we had pirate battles in the last game, now that we've reclaimed some interest it's back to historical shoe-horning!"

Don't even get me started on the Labyrinthine plot.

Jump to Post

03.20.2014 4:09am
Thread Creator

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Yeah, yeah, I get it. You're one of those hipsters who thinks it's cool and edgy to hate on Assassin's Creed. Move along.

Jump to Post

03.20.2014 4:29am

Wipwned
YEEEEEAAAH!

You're claiming that the series isn't suffering from burnout. I state that I, myself, have become burned out with the series. Hell, I even admitted to enjoying naval combat in Black Flag. I'm not trying to be an ass and shit on your fandom. I just fail to see what the series can do to be interesting after making pirates the central plot in the last game. Seems like they want to give it a few years before they start introducing ninjas.

Jump to Post

03.20.2014 6:23am
Thread Creator

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

First you said you're burned out because it's been a game a year, roughly. Then you said you just don't find them interesting. Your arguments aren't exactly consistent. I say as long as I enjoy the damn games, I don't care how often they come out. I mean, I'm burned out on Grand Theft Auto, a series that doesn't release games nearly as often, because I was disappointed with IV and V, but you don't see me going onto the GTAV thread bitching endlessly about it and steering a thread off-topic from the opening post.

Jump to Post

03.20.2014 10:41am

The Hulk
Good Boy

Looks same as ever.  Bet it will play same as ever overall, too.  I'm sure I will pass after the disappointments of the last two games.

Jump to Post

03.20.2014 5:30pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Zubis said:

There will be six AC games in one year by the time these two get released. People are definitely getting burned out on the franchise.

If they are, the sales figures will reflect that. So far, they aren't. AC4's sold 10 million copies. While that's down from AC3 a bit (which was also the best selling game in the franchise), it's not exactly indicative of a series in decline.

Jump to Post

03.20.2014 6:47pm

Tristan
Just Giv'r

I was under the impression people really liked the last two installments. I'm still way back on AC: Brotherhood because while I like the games, I haven't found the time to play through the series. Being a bit of a completionist, they take a good chunk of time.

Jump to Post

03.20.2014 7:15pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

The closest the series came to burnout was Revelations because it was yet another Ezio game. AC3 and 4 both sold like gangbusters and were both generally well-liked by critics and fans both.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter