Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Nintendo finally joins the 21st century.

< Prev 1 2 Next >

01.27.2012 6:43pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

So Nintendo is finally realizing that the World Wide Web wasn't created by a giant spider? Holy shit!

Jump to Post

01.27.2012 7:53pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Nintendo are 10 years behind Microsoft and about 5 years behind Sony when it comes to online activies. I know they're a traditional Japanese company and I know that things don't exactly move fast, but we're talking about a company that's *just* getting social networking - Nintendo Japan joined Twitter 6 months ago...so different from Nintendo of America that had Reggie Tweeting at E3 live.

Jump to Post

01.27.2012 8:02pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Zubis said:

Nintendo are 10 years behind Microsoft and about 5 years behind Sony when it comes to online activies. I know they're a traditional Japanese company and I know that things don't exactly move fast, but we're talking about a company that's *just* getting social networking - Nintendo Japan joined Twitter 6 months ago...so different from Nintendo of America that had Reggie Tweeting at E3 live.

The worst part IMO is that people outside of Japan (and inside Japan?) have been asking for a Nintendo online service for at least as long as the Wii has been out.

Did the 3DS sales debacle shake them up this badly?

Jump to Post

01.27.2012 9:45pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Yeah I think it did; it's been Nintendo's biggest loss in a decade.
They're still filthy rich, but the "it prints money" days are over for a while.

Jump to Post

01.27.2012 10:20pm
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

I think the opening flop of the 3DS is the best thing to come from nintendo since the DS itself.

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

01.27.2012 11:00pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I agree with not needing to patch that MK glitch.

Is it confirmed they will be done with friend codes? They aren't in the 21st century til that happens.

Jump to Post

01.28.2012 12:20am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

The 3DS is doing  pretty good pretty good nowadays though but I guess since they are getting $70 less per system that would mean a big hit.  Maybe software sales are down but I know SM3DL has like 5 million so far.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

01.28.2012 1:53am

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

I'll get a WiiU only if the multiple users comes with user specific saves.

Jump to Post

01.28.2012 4:02am

KyleIII
Registered Member

Please note that Nintendo, as a software maker, does not plan to deploy businesses where our consumers cannot know in advance which item will appear as the result of their payment and they have to repeat the payments and, before they know it, they end up spending a huge amount of money in order to obtain the items they originally wanted to purchase.

What is this about? It feels like they're attacking something specific, but I'm having trouble thinking of anything that fits that description.

Jump to Post

01.28.2012 8:48am

Zubis
Registered Member

Probably the Apple iTunes thing where kids were racking up hundreds on their parents credit card bill by purchasing items in game.

https://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/02/22/ftc_to_investigate_itunes_in_app_purchases_after_receiving_complaints.html

Jump to Post

01.28.2012 10:10am

tenken
Hooligan

What Nintendo is specifying there is their stand against a type of microtransaction sale common in free-to-play MMOs - the "fortune box" or something similar, wherein a player buys a box/chest/bag that has a chance of producing one of several results, at a certain percentage, with the lowest percentage rate going to the top "rare" item.  In this way, some players will keep on buying these boxes until they hit the "jackpot" item, and sell off the rest into the in-game economy to make some kind of offset to their loss.  It's basically like a form of gambling, and honestly, I respect Nintendo for taking a specific stand against it, even though off the top of my head I can't think of any console game that utilizes this sales method.  It's more of a thing that's endemic to Chinese/Korean online gaming.

Jump to Post

01.30.2012 5:02pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Consdering it's a Japanese announcement I can see them wanting to calm the entire gaming community in Asia that they won't do anything like that,

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter