Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Pre-E3 Hype Thread

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

06.04.2018 10:30pm
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

Who is looking forward to what? I'm mostly excited for Last of Us II

Jump to Post

06.04.2018 10:38pm

Testament
Shamshot

Definitely TLoU Part II... and Sony, in general.  Not that interested in Spiderman but the rest of the line-up should be great.

Jump to Post

06.04.2018 11:18pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I'm looking forward to hopefully some surprise announcements. I'm also looking forward to see what Nintendo is up to. Maybe an actual trailer or demo for Metroid.

Jump to Post

06.05.2018 7:07am
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

Id82 said:

I'm looking forward to hopefully some surprise announcements. I'm also looking forward to see what Nintendo is up to. Maybe an actual trailer or demo for Metroid.

A 3D Metroid trailer would be nice!

Jump to Post

06.05.2018 11:05am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Iâ??m cautious about TLOU 2,something about that trailer rubbed me the wrong way.
And Iâ??m done with Bioware and Bethesda for the most part so!
- HZD 2
- Death Stranding
- Ghosts of Tsushima
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Assassinâ??s Creed Whatever It Was
- Beyond Good and Evil 2

Any news from these and Iâ??m good.

Jump to Post

06.06.2018 2:38am

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Cyberpunk 2077. This is the one game I have had on my radar forever. If I can walk away from E3 having a sense of what this game is I will be happy. 

Outside of that I guess Sony and whatever Nintendo shows. They are the two companies making games that I enjoy these days. I'd love for Nintendo to have some big virtual console reveal for Switch but I don't think that's happening. It's hard for me to get excited about Microsoft. Nothing they are doing is interesting me, but I keep rooting for them since I love what they are doing with backwards compabitility and I am very vested in their ecosystem since all my friends play on Xbox Live. I'd love to see them announce that they bought the Mass Effect IP from EA and are going to release a 4k remaster of the original trilogy, release a sequel to Andromeda that fixes the problems that game had and continue the story, and also announce another game in the ME universe. But I know that's a pipe dream. 

I will probably go out of my way to check out what indies are out there as I have had a ton of fun with games like Transistor, Gone Home, Firewatch and The Swapper the past 12 months. 

EDIT: Death Stranding too just out of curiosity for WTF it actually is, and I'd have to throw Beyond Good and Evil 2 in there. BGE was one of my favorite games from the PS2 era and I would absolutely love to revisit that world. 

Jump to Post

06.06.2018 2:57am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Can't say I'm excited for too much. I suppose Mortal Kombat XI, since the rumors are really boiling over for that one. Also whatever From Software might be showing, if they do. I'm pretty cautious about Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Origins was great because Ubisoft gave it two years after the last game, but it doesn't look like Ubisoft learned from that success and is instead reverting to its annual release schedule.

I hated The Last of Us, so I have no interest in its sequel. Fallout 76 looks like a complete mistake. And I'm actively wishing for Anthem to fail so it puts the final nail in the EA/Bioware coffin.

Jump to Post

06.07.2018 2:02am

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Rhaegar said:
And I'm actively wishing for Anthem to fail so it puts the final nail in the EA/Bioware coffin.

I mean, I kind of am too from a place of spite because I hate what Bioware has become. But I am curious if you are more hopeful than me and are looking for Bioware to be bought out or sold or something if Anthem fails. My fear is that Bioware just gets put out to pasture to die if Anthem fails. 

Jump to Post

06.07.2018 2:58pm

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

Pretty much just Metroid Prime 4, but I'm open to surprises.   

Jump to Post

06.07.2018 4:44pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Inquisitor said:
My fear is that Bioware just gets put out to pasture to die if Anthem fails. 

EA's pasture and the grass there is fed with the blood of dozens* of studios; putting down one more will be second nature to them.

(*A hyperbolic estimate, I don't have an actual number.)

Jump to Post

06.07.2018 10:53pm

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

^

I agree 100%. I just have a soft spot for Bioware because I think at their pinnacle they created some of the greatest games I have ever played. In fact, I had pretty much stopped gaming and got back into gaming because I stumbled across their games. I hate what they've become even though I know their fate is inevitable. 

Jump to Post

06.11.2018 2:48pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Square-Enix and Sony are today, Nintendo is tomorrow. Right now I'm hyped as hell about:
Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition
Cyberpunk 2077
Wolfenstein: Youngblood

Also there's a new Elder Scrolls game but [shrug, farting noise].

Jump to Post

06.11.2018 6:57pm

Testament
Shamshot

I don't own an Xbox and have no intention of getting one... but the Microsoft PC was damn good this year.

Jump to Post

06.11.2018 9:10pm
 (Edited on 06.11.2018 at 11:16pm)

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Grades so far:

Microsoft - B+
Bethesda - B
Square Enix - D
EA - F---------

Update: Ubisoft: B

Beyond Good and Evil 2 was great, For Honor being free for the next week (I know on uPlay but still) is a good move as that game looks to reinvent itself after its rough beginnings, and I'm pretty surprised at how much I'm hyped for AC: Odyssey.

Jump to Post

06.12.2018 10:52am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

I'm catching up on the news since I've got friends visiting from Argentina,
Ghost of Tsushima, beautiful
Cyberpunk 2077, cool but I need more, not very hyped, great song
The Last of Us part II is okay, at least I know Joel is alive (maybe??)
Beyong Good and Evil very cool, I want to know more
Death Stranding was very very nice

Any news on Horizon Zero Dawn 2? Did I miss anything?

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter