Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Pre-E3 Hype Thread

06.12.2018 11:18am

The Hulk
Good Boy

Honorable mention goes to Last of Us but I don't see anything coming close to topping RE2make.  Apart from being nostalgiariffic as fuck, it just looks like a solid, back to basics, honest to god fun time.  Video games are too far up their own arse these days and this seems very much like an antidote to that.

Jump to Post

06.12.2018 1:55pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I was really surprised with the announcement of RE2 remake. I wonder if they used RE7's engine.
I'm also excited for Sekiro shadows die twice.

Jump to Post

06.12.2018 2:27pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I had kind of given up on REmake 2 happening, but... not only is it happening but it's happening in fucking January.

Jump to Post

06.12.2018 4:32pm

Testament
Shamshot

I wish Sony would do away with that side panel or whatever the hell it is.  Other than that it was a great showing.  Even got me interested in Spiderman... just because it looks so damn good.

TLoU Part II, of course.  RE2 so soon is amazing.

Jump to Post

06.12.2018 6:44pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is the game that has me most hyped, looking back on it. This video does a pretty good job breaking down the gameplay for it. From Software is really putting a nice twist on the Soulsborne formula, looks like.

Jump to Post

06.12.2018 9:17pm
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

I came out of this E3 with more games I've been interested in than ever before. That being said I felt like there was a FFVII Remake and Metroid Prime 4 sized hole in it all.

Tunic was the one microsoft game I was really jealous of.

Assassins Creed might pull me back in with this new title.

The Last of Us II has some of the most incredible environmental effects I've ever seen. In the parking lot: a body falls in the fire and embers fly up. When a weapon hit a book shelf the shelf came apart and it's contents fell to the ground. When the lady fell her arrows scattered on the ground. These things impressed the hell out of me. Watching Ellie pick up a bottle while running and tossing it at somebody seemed so fluid. I have to say it might be the most fluid action I've seen in a third person game.

Ghost of Tsushima looks like Bushido Blade meets Onimusha meets Assassins Creed. I love the art style. The fight scene with the leaf effects had me freaking out.

I found Kingdom Hearts 3 to look very impressive. If they are truely able to pull off that many different gameplay styles (ex: The ACIV style naval battles) in one game... I will be very happy.

Control looks interesting. I want to see more

RE2 looks sharp and I hope it does the game justice.

Mario Party on the Switch. Lets all agree that being able to place two Switches together in different alignments is fucking incredible.

OCTOPATH TRAVELER! I love the style of this game and have very high hopes for it.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 is exactly the type of art style that I want to see in anything Sci-Fi and Space related. Period.

Jump to Post

06.17.2018 4:54pm

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

I forgot about the RE2 Remake. I have to say that probably ended up stealing the show for me. 

Jump to Post

06.17.2018 11:51pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

So what does everybody think of Cyberpunk 2077? I havenâ??t played the tabletop game or read the books or whatever this is based on so I canâ??t comment on that.

The same with Beyond Good and Evil 2, I didnâ??t get around to play the first one, but I hear people complaining about it not being like the original?

And with The Last of Us Part llâ??s new trailer, I finally figured what bothered me in last yearâ??s trailer (and in this one) : no infected! Not a single click! So now, itâ??s just another generic (and very violent!) survival game, I loved the first one, but I didnâ??t like the human enemies bits, they added variety and were necessary, but if they are the only enemy? I donâ??t know.

Jump to Post

06.18.2018 2:08pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

There's definitely infected. There's one at the very end of (last year's?) trailer, the one with the arm breaking and nearly hanging. ND has also said that there's a new kind of infected in the game as well. But yeah, they're really leaning on the humans more than the infected in the marketing.

As for Cyberpunk 2077... CD Projekt Red could release Watch Paint Drying Simular 2019 and after Witcher 3 I'd probably still pay full price for it. Not super jazzed about it being a first-person perspective RPG but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Jump to Post

06.18.2018 3:10pm

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Mavilu said:

So what does everybody think of Cyberpunk 2077? I havenâ??t played the tabletop game or read the books or whatever this is based on so I canâ??t comment on that.

The same with Beyond Good and Evil 2, I didnâ??t get around to play the first one, but I hear people complaining about it not being like the original?

Cyberpunk has been one of my most anticipated games for years. I thought the trailer was.....interesting if nothing else. I am disappointed the game will be a first person RPG. That typically isn't in my wheelhouse, but CD Projekt Red will get the benefit of the doubt from me because of their track record. It's not like they are 2018 Bioware. 

I am mildly interested in BG&E 2. I loved the first one when I played it nearly 15 years ago. I tried to replay the original a couple of years ago and had a hard time getting into it. I plan to revisit it again before the sequel comes out. From the trailers it certainly doesn't appears to be like the original, but again, we are talking about a game that came out over 15 years ago and we are just now getting a sequel. I think it's unrealistic to expect it to be like the original. I may wait for reviews before I commit to picking it up, but I am am far from being butthurt about it. 

Jump to Post

06.18.2018 9:49pm
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

Mavilu said:

So what does everybody think of Cyberpunk 2077?

I was very hyped a few years back when the first teaser came out. With this new trailer showing a lot more of the game and world I'm still pretty hopeful. I definitely want to know more.

Jump to Post

06.19.2018 12:28am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

I'm with you guys, I'm ready for a futuristic game AND a CD Projekt Red game, and personally, I don't have qualms about it being a first person RPG, either way is fine with me, I just wish they'd hurry up a bit, because at this rate I'll be a senior by the game comes out.

As for BGG2, I just love all about both trailers, I'm also ready for something like that, futuristic, fun, irreverent, with a (hopefully good) story.

reido said:

There's definitely infected. There's one at the very end of (last year's?) trailer, the one with the arm breaking and nearly hanging. ND has also said that there's a new kind of infected in the game as well. But yeah, they're really leaning on the humans more than the infected in the marketing.

Oh right! I had forgotten about THAT trailer, I was actually talking about the one with Ellie playing the guitar, and yes you are right, something comes to attack in the very end of the one you talk about and I hear inhuman shrieks.
Well, that does put me much more at ease, I'll have to folllow the news about it and see.
The other thing is that I miss little Ellie, but kids grow, even in video games *shrug*

Jump to Post

06.22.2018 4:22pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Smash Bros. and RE2 Remake for me. Those looked like the best ones. I very much noticed the lack of FFVII remake this year, though. That's a bit irritating.

Jump to Post

06.22.2018 5:19pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I honestly do not have a lot of hope for a final fantasy 7 remake. I think Squenix have bitten off a lot more than they can chew in regards to that.

Jump to Post

06.22.2018 10:56pm

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

Id82 said:

I honestly do not have a lot of hope for a final fantasy 7 remake. I think Squenix have bitten off a lot more than they can chew in regards to that.

I feel that FFVII is pretty much fine the way it is, and have no use for a remake at all.   I know I'm in the minority on that.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter