Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Steam's Great Gift Pile!

< Prev 1 2 Next >

12.26.2011 8:11am
Thread Creator

Som
Genitals are Funny

I'd never really paid much attention to it till now, but this great gift pile thing they are running along with the holiday sales is actually kinda cool. Each day they have a bunch of achievements to do. If you complete one of them you get a prize. Sometimes you can get a gree game, sometimes a voucher for % off stuff and sometimes, a lump of coal. 7 lumps of coal though and you craft it into a random prize like vouchers or a free game. Also each lump of coal you don't craft into anything puts you into a draw to win every single game on steam.

So far i have gotten 4 lumps of coal, a 33% off valve games voucher and a 50% Frozenbyte games (Trine) voucher. Traded come TF2 items for more coal and crafted them. Got Hard Reset. Friend got Dota2 out of it as well.

Jump to Post

12.26.2011 6:26pm

KyleIII
Registered Member

I won both Trauma and Far Cry 2 so far. Not games I was particularly interested in, but hey, free games!

Jump to Post

12.26.2011 9:54pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I got gifted a copy of EYE: Divine Cybermancy. I love FPS/RPG hybrids and the game has a great sense of atmosphere, but the mechanics are ridiculously obtuse and the English translation is awful. Don't think I'll get very far in it.

Jump to Post

12.27.2011 7:53am
Thread Creator

Som
Genitals are Funny

Just won a copy of Left 4 Dead 1 for doing an achievement for And It Moves.

Already own L4D1 so if anyone wants to trade hit me up on Steam.

Jump to Post

12.27.2011 9:11am

Ashilyn
Career GM

I haven't won any games yet, all coal and coupons. I have 25% off Valve, 25% off Bethesda (including Skyrim), 33% off Cities XL 2012, and 50% off Dungeon Defenders (which I already own now), and a few pieces of coal. I'm hoping I win something halfway decent.

As for stuff I've bought, I got the Sanctum DLC I don't have, Orcs Must Die + some of it's DLC, Beat Hazard + some of it's DLC, Defense Grid + all of it's DLC, Dungeons of Dredmor and all it's DLC, and I got gifted Legends of Fae and Dungeon Defenders and some of it's DLC.

Jump to Post

12.27.2011 12:19pm
Thread Creator

Som
Genitals are Funny

Well i just traded L4D1 for a bunch of coal, which i crafted and got Shattered Horizon, a game i had never heard of.

Now i can't decide to either keep it or try trade it off for something else or more coal.

Jump to Post

12.27.2011 11:21pm
 (Edited on 12.28.2011 at 12:29am)

Ashilyn
Career GM

Got another coupon, for  50% off Defense Grid (the same price I bought it for the other say, since I got it after the daily deal :\  Great game though, if anyone wants it let me know.

Edit: And now a coupon for 60% off of any of the mediocre King Arthur games :|
Som said:

Well i just traded L4D1 for a bunch of coal, which i crafted and got Shattered Horizon, a game i had never heard of.

Now i can't decide to either keep it or try trade it off for something else or more coal.

Shattered Horizon is a trippy FPS game who's gimmick is that you fight in Zero-G and thus have complete freedom of movement. IIRC it requires a pretty nice rig to run well, but supposedly it's pretty fun, but not anything amazing.

Jump to Post

12.28.2011 4:09am

Sigma
I think I do...

Having not gotten anything I'm really interested in, I feel like I'm in it for the coal.

That said, I have Hoard, Frozen Synapse and a -50% Valve coupon if anyone's interested...

Ashilyn, if that's 50% off the current deal, then I'd be interested. Otherwise... I'll probably just pick it up before the New Year.

Jump to Post

12.28.2011 5:59am
 (Edited on 12.29.2011 at 1:22am)

Ashilyn
Career GM

Nah, it's not a gold coupon, sadly. I haven't been lucky enough to nab one of those.

Got Men of War: Vietnam from the Steam Gift Pile. Looks like an interesting RTS game, but I don't know how much I'll play it. If anyone wants it, let me know.

Jump to Post

12.30.2011 3:53am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Got 50% off on Xotic as well as 33% on Valve. If anyone wants to trade, lemme know. I just wanna get that trade thingie achievement.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

12.30.2011 10:18am
Thread Creator

Som
Genitals are Funny

Just got a 50% off Apoc, another game i had never heard of. Should of just kept the coal.

Indie if you want to trade anything hit me up.

Jump to Post

12.30.2011 12:56pm

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Thanks Som!

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

12.31.2011 2:50am

KyleIII
Registered Member

I've been quite lucky. In addition to the games I mentioned above, I won Titan Quest, King Arthur, Polynomial (which had another Xmas achievement) and Racetter (or however you spell it, the item shop game).

Pretty demoralized by the Binding of Issac and Meat Boy achievements though. The first relies way too much on random chance, and the second is just... no thanks.

Jump to Post

12.31.2011 6:50am

Ashilyn
Career GM

Apparently, Steam used the wrong Super Meat Boy achievement (or at least so says Team Meat. Rather than The Golden Gift, they were supposed to use the "simpler" The Kids Xmas", which only requires you to beat one of the levels). That said, if you're that fed up with it (like I was), trainers and glitches don't disable achievements. Turning off environment damage makes them go by real quick.

As for the Binding of Issac achievement, yeah, that one's annoying, but I finally got it last week on a whim. It's a fun game so I don't mind playing it over, but the chances of Krampus appearing are so small (The Devil's Room has a very small chance of spawning at the end of a level normally, only increased by beating the boss or teh level without taking damage), and Krampus has a 10% chance of being in one of the Devil's Rooms, only increasing if you encounter more Devil Rooms in your playthrough. It's a little ridiculous.

In the end, I'm madder at the Dungeon Defenders one, which requires you to level to level 30 if you just got the game AND beat a challenge that could last a couple of hours, and they saved it for this late in the sale? That kinda blows.

Jump to Post

12.31.2011 9:31am

tenken
Hooligan

I ended up getting Limbo, Bastion, Cave Story+, and the Dreamfall/The Longest Journey double pack (thanks for the tip-off, Ash) during the sale.  Only played Limbo so far, but just finished that and am gonna start Bastion soon.  However, the game is seeming like it doesn't want to recognize my Logitech gamepad, and I'd really rather play it with a gamepad than with a keyboard.  If you know how to clear this up, let me know.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter