Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Steam's Great Gift Pile!

< Prev 1 2 Next >

12.31.2011 11:36am

Ashilyn
Career GM

Limbo is one of those annoying games (which, unfortunately, is growing to include "most games") that is designed only for xinput - i.e. the coding for Xbox 360 controllers. Some newer game controllers support xinput, but a lot of them that aren't from the last few years don't. You can get xinput emulators but they're a pain sometimes. Bastion is the same way, so beware. If ou have a wired 360 controller, just use that.

And hey, nice on picking on The Longest Journey/Dreamfall! I don't even remember recommending that to you, so I'm glad I apparently did. Still, in my opinion, the de facto gold standard in Adventure games, you'll be glad you picked them up, Just don't be afraid to use an FAQ, particularly in The Longest Journey. Ragnar Tornquist may be a master story crafter, but his puzzles are.... obtuse, at times. I find no shame in using an FAQ when I get stuck.

Jump to Post

01.01.2012 2:31am
Thread Creator

Som
Genitals are Funny

So, i just completed the Counter Strike: Source and Magicka achievements. I must have the best luck because i scored 2 25% off Valve vouchers.

maybe they will be useful when Episode 3 comes out in 2125

Jump to Post

01.01.2012 4:09am

KyleIII
Registered Member

It seems as if Valve underestimated demand (and scumbags abusing the Humble Bundles) and have run out of prizes, so the only thing anyone has been winning today has been Valve prizes. That means you still have a small chance of winning a Valve game, but you're most likely going to be getting a Valve coupon or a Team Fortress 2 hat.

Jump to Post

01.01.2012 4:44am
 (Edited on 01.01.2012 at 7:23am)

Ashilyn
Career GM

I won the Fallout Collection and Deus Ex:HR today, so I'm not so sure about that. Plus I haven't heard of anyone winning SKyrim yet.

EDIT: I take it back. I crafted coal I got through trading today, all I got was HL2, HL2Ep2, and three 25% off Valve coupons. :\

EDIT 2: https://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2428973 Yeeeeap.

Jump to Post

01.01.2012 8:41am

Seifer Almasy
Hipster Doofus

Yeah, I just got the Super Meat Boy achievement and all I got was another worthless Valve coupon. Boo!

In fact, all I've gotten from this so far is worthless coupons (25% and 33% off Valve games, 50% off Terraria which I already bought for 75% off) and coal.

Jump to Post

01.01.2012 10:12am

Ashilyn
Career GM

Hey man, I have a bunch of not COMPLETELY awful coupons I'll trade you for that coal ;) (Mostly because I still have a vain hope of crafting Portal 2)

Jump to Post

01.01.2012 11:32pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

WTB two coals. I'll trade my horrendous Mumbo Jumbo 50% off coupon for one!

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter