Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

The GTA V Thread

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

10.25.2011 7:14pm
Thread Creator

Dh
Not in the face!
The Alpha and the Omega

This is all we get for now, but it's plenty to give me a full-fledged erection.

http://www.rockstargames.com/

I made this for you!

Jump to Post

10.25.2011 7:42pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

After Saints Row 2 and how 3's looking, Rockstar has had the bar set quite high for them.

Jump to Post

10.25.2011 8:48pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

It'd better return to the tongue-in-cheek humor and pulp fiction feel of the GTAIII series. IV's attempt at SERIOUS DRAMA!!11!!!1 fell flat on its face so fucking hard.

Jump to Post

10.25.2011 9:30pm

Sturm
Registered Member

Rhaegar said:

It'd better return to the tongue-in-cheek humor and pulp fiction feel of the GTAIII series. IV's attempt at SERIOUS DRAMA!!11!!!1 fell flat on its face so fucking hard.

Did you play any of the expansions? I took GTA IV as we built this engine and we need to try to make some money off of it before we can go and try some other things. Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and the Damned were both very enjoyable experiences, with BoGT containing those zany off the wall things everyone said IV was missing.

GTA III is to Vice City and San Andreas as GTA IV is to L&D and BoGT.

Jump to Post

10.25.2011 10:16pm
Thread Creator

Dh
Not in the face!
The Alpha and the Omega

I'm hoping V goes the direction San Andreas did. Even though GTA IV was a huge leap forward in the franchise, San Andreas still felt more like a complete experience. There was just so much more to do.

Jump to Post

10.26.2011 1:07am

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Rumor is its a LA area.

I would rather go back to vice city.

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

10.26.2011 4:22am

Ashilyn
Career GM

I don't think Vice City would fare as well in a modern era. Half of what made that setting so great was how they revelled in the 80s-ness of it all.

Personally, I like the sound of LA.

Jump to Post

10.26.2011 4:49am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I just hope we get checkpoints in this entry.  I've yet to complete a console GTA game because I always get stuck on one lengthy mission that eventually gets me to give up.  Either way I have high hopes.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

10.26.2011 3:39pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

^ The only mission that pissed me off because of a lack of checkpoints was the final one. If you miss that jump...

Anyway, very excited to see what Rockstar has in store for us with GTA V. I never really got into GTA before IV. III, Vice City and San Andreas never hooked me.

Jump to Post

10.27.2011 5:04am

KyleIII
Registered Member

Checkpoints were added into the two DLC expansions, so that almost guarentees they'll be in the next sequel.

Jump to Post

10.27.2011 5:10am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I've heard that the two expansions are a lot better than the regular game in a lot of ways. Never really felt compelled to get them since I had a tough time staying into GTA4, but it sounds like it added the fun back into the series.

Jump to Post

10.28.2011 3:53pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

I still haven't finished TBoGT, but I can say that TLAD was very, very well done.

Jump to Post

11.02.2011 6:21pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Yep. its the LA area again.

Jump to Post

11.02.2011 6:52pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Looks pretty good so far, really detailed. I just hope theres a lot more stuff to do in this game compared to the last one.

Jump to Post

11.03.2011 1:39am
Thread Creator

Dh
Not in the face!
The Alpha and the Omega

The trailer was much more than I thought they'd give us. I have a feeling this is going to be the "San Andreas" of the current generation GTA games. I'm stoked.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter