Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

The GTA V Thread

11.03.2011 3:24am

Scribe
The Taru

I hope the npc's AI is advanced as they lead on in the trailer

Jump to Post

08.23.2012 12:50am
Thread Creator

Dh
Not in the face!
The Alpha and the Omega

Crazy that this thread is almost a year old and Rockstar is just now starting to release new information.

https://www.rockstargames.com/V/

Some new screens reveal various modes of transportation that come as no surprise if you're a fan of GTA:SA as well as some leisurely activities you can do. Looks like there is more to come.

GTA has always been one of my favorite gaming franchises simply for the amount of detail Rockstar puts into each game. The media focuses on the violence and shock value, gaming sites focus on the amount of content and story, but what I appreciate the most is the city and all the little nuances that make it come alive.

No other title (except maybe RDR) makes it entertaining and fun to simply go for a walk, in a game, and soak in the environment. I don't think most people truly appreciate the amount of work involved in those nuances.

I get the impression that GTA V is going to take the best of IV and San Andreas, put it together, then pump it full of steroids.

I made this for you!

Jump to Post

08.23.2012 3:22pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Dh said:

I get the impression that GTA V is going to take the best of IV and San Andreas, put it together, then pump it full of steroids.

Brucie would approve of this.

I'm excited to see more info on V, but it looks like Rockstar is content to give us scraps here and there for now.

Jump to Post

08.23.2012 6:50pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

I still remember buying GTA3 when it came out and being amazed at just how much they let me do. I could just sit there for hours looking for jumps or hidden packages or just running hordes of people over until the police finally stopped me.

I was hooked from that point forward.

Jump to Post

11.09.2012 7:47pm
Thread Creator

Dh
Not in the face!
The Alpha and the Omega

Game Informer's GTA V article: https://imgur.com/a/8zTzP

Looks awesome.

Jump to Post

11.15.2012 5:48pm
Thread Creator

Dh
Not in the face!
The Alpha and the Omega

Jump to Post

11.15.2012 6:21pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I'm still amazed that GTA5's world is bigger than San Andreas, RDR, and GTA4 COMBINED. That just blows me away, especially since a healthy chunk of it will be dedicated to interiors. City should feel a lot more like an actual city instead of lots of really tall, hollow rectangles.

Jump to Post

11.15.2012 6:50pm

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

I have a feeling this game will be really good.

Jump to Post

11.16.2012 7:38am

Som
Genitals are Funny

I want another 80s GTA. I loved Vice City so much more than any other GTA by a lot.

Jump to Post

11.17.2012 2:07am

Turhaya
The Batman

The multiple characters and switching mechanic sound interesting, but I'm most excited to explore the nooks and crannies of that massive world!

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Jump to Post

11.17.2012 12:15pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Hot damn this is looking better and better!

Jump to Post

11.18.2012 7:57am

Scribe
The Taru

It would be cool if 3 characters meant you could do 3 person co-op

Jump to Post

04.30.2013 4:36pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

New character trailers and release date. 

I love this idea of having 3 very diffrent main characters. I think its going to lead to some very good character interactions and stories. 

Meet Michael
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/cawuym/grand-theft-auto-v-meet-michael

M
eet Franklin
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/0vuwv4/grand-theft-auto-v-meet-franklin

M
eet Trevor
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/8rpteu/grand-theft-auto-v-meet-trevor

r
elease date Sept 18

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

05.01.2013 6:27am

KyleIII
Registered Member

The three characters aspect is definitely the most interesting thing about the game. Last time I played through GTA IV I played through the main game and the episodes simultaneously, and the intertwining storylines made the game far more interesting. It'll be even better when it's officially supported without juggling between multiple save files.

Shame I'll probably have to wait a half year for the PC version, but I'm more interested in Saint's Row IV at this point anyway.

Jump to Post

05.01.2013 2:13pm

Crisium
N/A

I had no interest in the game until those character trailers.  Trevor and Michael look genuinely interesting.

Shame about Rockstar's backwards views on PC gaming.  I don't think I'm so hyped as to buy the PS3 version around launch, but we'll see.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter