Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Fire Emblem Awakening

02.10.2013 1:15am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

It retails for $40, so good luck with that. It's the best strategy game to come out in years. Advance Wars DS is still king though. Plus you can buy phantoms of characters from past games. GOTY contender right here.

Jump to Post

02.10.2013 6:35pm
Thread Creator

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Man, Tharja is hilarious. I'm trying to figure out which male party member to inflict her on. Mwahahaha!

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

02.11.2013 2:28pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Loving the hell out of this game! Ran into my first road-block in Chapter 4, but thanks to the Reeking Box, I can grind! :D The only issue now is gold...

Jump to Post

02.11.2013 3:07pm

Vyers
Dark Adonis

Since I can't play this game, I'm playing the free ambassador copy of FE8 on GBA.

Not that I haven't spent dozens of hours 100% it already or anything >_<

Jump to Post

02.21.2013 2:42pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Definitely appreciate the Casual mode. Otherwise, my ranks would be pretty thin :P

Jump to Post

02.21.2013 4:17pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Catastrophe said:

Loving the hell out of this game! Ran into my first road-block in Chapter 4, but thanks to the Reeking Box, I can grind! :D The only issue now is gold...

You can also use WIFI to download teams with old characters in them. I use florina's weak team to boost up characters affection rating. 

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

02.21.2013 4:26pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Darth Howie said:

Man, Tharja is hilarious. I'm trying to figure out which male party member to inflict her on. Mwahahaha!

I'm thinking of hooking her up with the main character unit.  Because seeing his reaction to her in the support conversations is hilarious.

Jump to Post

02.21.2013 6:20pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

I'm playing the vanilla game right now: easy casual mode where I'm trying to pair characters that interact in the storyline. Chrom/ Sumia, Tactician/ Lissa. I'm taking my time & am only to Ch. 11. One thing that dawned on me last night was that the characters weren't furthering their relationships. The game never says that the way to do it best is to pair the characters up during battle, and then do their support conversations on the map. It would have been appreciated to know that before I was almost half way through the game.

Jump to Post

02.23.2013 1:39am

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Darth Howie said:

I put her with Gregor. XD

Jump to Post

02.23.2013 3:35am
Thread Creator

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

I couldn't really decide, so I ended up putting her with Stahl for gameplay reason. Pairing Miriel and Henry was quite disturbing and quite hilarious.

Jump to Post

02.27.2013 3:12pm
Thread Creator

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Finished the game after much foot-dragging.. and started right up another file. LOVE this game.

Jump to Post

02.27.2013 5:34pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Darth Howie said:

Finished the game after much foot-dragging.. and started right up another file. LOVE this game.

Who did you have pair with who?

Currently, it's MU-Lucina, Nowi-Ricken, Henry-Olivia.

Jump to Post

02.27.2013 5:42pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

How many chapters (not including the Paralogue) does the game have? Just curious.

Jump to Post

02.27.2013 6:48pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

^I think it's 25. I haven't beaten the game yet, though. The way the level system works is weird. You can upgrade to the advanced class using a Master Seal, and take them back down to their base class using a Second Seal. So you can pretty much max characters out with enough grinding and seals. So basically, running out of chapters doesn't preclude you from being unable to level up anymore.

Jump to Post

02.27.2013 7:19pm
Thread Creator

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

The main game has the "premonition," "prologue," 25 chapters and an endgame chapter. The premonition isn't really a chapter, so I'd say 27. But the paralogues should really be played to get the most out of the game. You miss a LOT of characters if you ignore them, most of whom are better than the mandatory cast.

You can send someone straight to another promoted class with a second seal, you just have to have used a master seal on them first.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter