Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Amy's Baking Company : Is this for real?!

05.16.2013 12:37am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Wow. I personally think the guy has enormous amounts of patience with this... immature child-creature he has the misfortune of calling wife, I could tell they had a big fight the night before the last encounter with Ramsay and it was very taxing on him, I could also tell he was starting to get fed up with her, but then again, he ain't a walk in the park either.

I've never seen a person like this woman, I don't know how long this world she has created for herself will work for her, when it crumbles around her, is going to be desvastating.

Anyway, incredibly entertaining!.

Jump to Post

05.16.2013 4:27am
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

Arizona is filled with retards like this. Somebody please help me escape this state :/

Also for an extra LOL I screen shotted the two best comments I've seen yet in response to their FB PR moves and put it on my FB page : Social Networking Therapy /shamelessplug

Jump to Post

05.16.2013 7:50pm

Southern Comfort
silently judging all of you

Copy/pasting from a deleted reddit post:

Reddit said:

If this place isn't a money laundering operation, I don't know what is.
Sammy screamed 'Don't call the police'. This was one of the only things he really stood up to his wife on. I think Sammy is involved in serious criminal shit and he doesn't want Johnny Law to come poking around and causing any disruptions to the money losing business here. Iâ??m not sure if the fact that they donâ??t trust anyone else to run the place has anything to do with that, or whether theyâ??re just nuts. If they were smarter, I feel like they could let it run itself. See point #4 for a possible reason for that.

The place is clearly hemorrhaging money. All those fresh veggies come at a huge premium in Arizona and no one is buying them since no one eats there. This is a tactic to inflate food costs and make the on-the-books profits (from crime) a bit more believable. You have high prices and â??quality ingredientsâ?? and on its face, it looks like a classy place dealing in high-quality, high-margin food thatâ??s doing very, very well. In reality, theyâ??re buying top-dollar with dirty money and selling nothing.

Putting all of that money into the facilities, kitchen equipment and the dining area is a way to build tangible equity in a property, paid for by dirty money, of course. This is similar to how house flipping has become the new Las Vegas for cleaning dirty money. Even if you put 100k of criminal money into a house and sell it for 80k, you still made 80k in clean money (and the write off for the business loss â?? more clean money). And what you ask is Sammiâ??s other â??legitimateâ?? business enterprise? Custom home building. Same fucking principle: Build equity in something tangible with dirty money, sell it (at a loss or profit, who gives a fuck) and money comes clean out the other side.

The compensation structure for servers is just another money cleaning tactic. The money from tips never hits the books. Itâ??s pocketed immediately and spent on gas, food, clothes etc. All the sorts of stuff that is bought in a day that isnâ??t traced and is used up (burned, eaten, thrown out etc.) when itâ??s done. You keep the clean, un-traceable cash coming in (tips), and then pay out more money in wages to lose money so that the money that comes in from crime doesnâ??t make the place look TOO profitable. If they werenâ??t so wretched and money hungry they would just let the girls work on tips like most people, but theyâ??re so narcissistic, deluded and downright evil that they think theyâ??re entitled to it and donâ??t know when to stop.

They are mean to people because well, theyâ??re nuts, but also because Sammy doesnâ??t actually give much of a fuck if many people come in or not. If a few quiet, agreeable customers come in and eat, so be it. For Sammy, this place is an annoyance. He hates being there and knows itâ??s a waste of his legitimate criminal time to have to deal with it. He was just stupid and married a crazy â??trophy wifeâ?? who thinks she can cook and the less he has to do in a day in terms of dealing with angry customers, the better. Hell, he might have married her BECAUSE he thought she was stupid enough to believe sheâ??s making money when no one comes in. To me thatâ??s why a lot of that bad food is just thrown away; otherwise she gets crazy and causes more disruptions to the fence.

Ever wonder why he doesnâ??t know how to use the POS system, but insists on using it? Because one day one of those girls is going to see ALL of these tables and checks listed on there that never actually came in, and then sheâ??ll ask why. Since she knows more about the system than he, she wonâ??t buy the lie he tells her. I wouldnâ??t be surprised if thatâ??s a small part of the reason for the staff turnover: They donâ??t want anyone knowing too much.

Because the thing is, at the end of the day, he can just make up checks and bills and act like all these customers came in and paid them lots of money for food, but just as long as the place isnâ??t completely empty all the time and then reporting big profits, there shouldnâ??t be any huge red flags so as long as the taxes keep coming into the IRS and the place keeps a quiet reputation.

EDIT: Everyone is asking how I reconcile them going on tv for help.

Remember, Amy thinks her problem is not her food, their shared attitude, their sparse staff or her creepy eyes. It's internet haters. That's it. She is perfect in every way. She feels the downturn in her business is due solely to bad publicity. For people with such grandiose self-images, the only way to deal with this would be to go to the very top and have the biggest chef in the world come and say that their food is amazing. Bad publicity problem solved. Note too, those awesome desserts she fed Ramsey, that he really liked, were all store bought. But she claimed they were hers. She does not care about the food in that sense, as she's willing to lie about that as the first step to the good publicity that she thinks is the silver bullet to fixing what she feels to be unjustifiably tarnished public image.

From Sammy's perspective, I think he's willing to take the small risk of having the cover blown on any laundering operation to sustain a good front and, like his wife, to try to, in his mind, restore the deservedly good reputation the place should rightly have. If he can somehow appease his wife, who I believe has him convinced she can cook, and keep the restaurant full so he doesn't need to butcher the receipts so much, he might be able to stop doing shady shit altogether or at least have a better front. Then, if the restaurant is running well, he can leave it for someone else to operate and he can stay home and watch Scarface 50 times.

Essentially, I think HIS willingness to take this risk is rooted in their shared delusions about their own self values and they are willing to take the most drastic of measures to keep them as high as possible.

Jump to Post

05.16.2013 8:05pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Man, I've never heard such insane awesome shit about crazy delusional people with internet and TV infamy. The fact that people are theorizing over this blows my mind a little.

Also this lady's delusions about her life reminds me of someone I know a little too much for comfort...

Jump to Post

05.16.2013 9:36pm

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

Southern Comfort said:

Copy/pasting from a deleted reddit post:

I don't know anything about money laundering but that all sounded plausible to me.  Sammy did say that HE was the gangster, not Gordon.

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

05.16.2013 9:43pm

Kal
yes

Yeaaaah

Jump to Post

05.16.2013 10:03pm

Thirdtwin
It's you guys' fault

Dr Squirrel said:

I don't know anything about money laundering but that all sounded plausible to me.  Sammy did say that HE was the gangster, not Gordon.

Was coming in here to say this.  He seems to want to act like like some kind of tough guy so badly that it seems like posturing, but maybe it's not.  Still at some point he's going to weigh the continued money from his business with having to continue to deal with Amy. 

Speaking of dealing with Amy, here's a local interview.   I'm sure she chewed his ear off after he went and talked to them for so long.

TT

Jump to Post

05.16.2013 11:52pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

I think Sammy married Amy, realized what looney she is, started the restaurant possibly to launder money/have a smoke screen and give her something to do (restaurant = her idea) she is ruining it all, he is trying to keep her contained (not telling her what's going on about the food and service {which suits her deluded brain fine}) and trying to keep the business afloat, alas not very well, because he is the one that gives the orders here and you will like her food, no questioning (shades of mafia boss) which isn't working and now doesn't know what to do, mostly, with Amy; can't divorce her because she probably has dirt on him and can't make her "disappear" because he is being watched. And thus, he is in this pickle, serves him fine.

Jump to Post

05.16.2013 11:55pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

It's either the whole mafia thing, or they really are just that insane.

Jump to Post

05.17.2013 12:43am

Mole
Somebody loves ya.

Waitress / poisonous little viper Katy did an AMA. Highlights:

i didn't even last a month! may like 3 or 3 1/2 weeks. and i think i got paid 8 an hour i believe. and Samy can actually be pretty genuine. he referred to miranda and i as being "like his own daughters". though it was kind of creepy! haha

i think the show just brought out Amy's inner demonic soul.

they never let me try their food and i never felt like paying for it out of my own pocket so i have actually never tasted anything from there

honestly i just dont get how or why they still have a business.

i am tempted to go there too and see how they react haha

I maintain that the waitresses are the heroes of this story.

Jump to Post

05.17.2013 2:48am

Southern Comfort
silently judging all of you

Yech, I just realized that posting that makes me sound like I browse Reddit.  I'ma go take a shower now, see if I can scrub off some of this taint.

Jump to Post

05.17.2013 5:55am
 (Edited on 05.17.2013 at 6:12am)

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

Hah, wow, I love Ramsay, and I've watched a lot of Kitchen Nightmare episodes, both the American and British versions, and this is by far the worst.  And most hilarious. And Miranda's a cutie.

You know what's really creepy? Right now, as I was watching the youtube video, while I was reading the comments, and probably while I am typing this comment, Amy is on that Youtube video, commenting to people. I am seeing her pyscho-bitch in real-time.  It's, well, crazy!  Hah, wow.

EDIT: Hah, still going. I think I'm witness history here. I may stay up just to watch the things she says. I'd never do this, but I'd love to just drop a link to here, say "hey, we're talking shit about Amy too!" and watch her sign up and attack us, too. Good old FFO would have a field day with her, heh. Ah, this is such a trainwreck I almost feel bad watching it, but it's like "Kitchen Nightmares 6-16: The Sequel!"

Jump to Post

05.17.2013 8:33am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

Apparently she has a tumblr, too: https://amybouzagloofficial.tumblr.com/

Honestly hard to tell real her from fake.  Come up with the most batshit thing to say and the real her will top it.

Jump to Post

05.17.2013 6:28pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Southern Comfort said:

Yech, I just realized that posting that makes me sound like I browse Reddit. I'ma go take a shower now, see if I can scrub off some of this taint.

lol, I never realized the disdain people have for Reddit.  For some reason I though it wasn't as depised as 4chan and the like.

Free Spirit said:

Hah, wow, I love Ramsay, and I've watched a lot of Kitchen Nightmare episodes, both the American and British versions, and this is by far the worst. And most hilarious. And Miranda's a cutie.

You know what's really creepy? Right now, as I was watching the youtube video, while I was reading the comments, and probably while I am typing this comment, Amy is on that Youtube video, commenting to people. I am seeing her pyscho-bitch in real-time. It's, well, crazy! Hah, wow.

EDIT: Hah, still going. I think I'm witness history here. I may stay up just to watch the things she says. I'd never do this, but I'd love to just drop a link to here, say "hey, we're talking shit about Amy too!" and watch her sign up and attack us, too. Good old FFO would have a field day with her, heh. Ah, this is such a trainwreck I almost feel bad watching it, but it's like "Kitchen Nightmares 6-16: The Sequel!"

Haha, crazy.  But no, please don't unleash that on us.  It's too much crazy for our poor little board to handle.

Jump to Post

05.17.2013 8:24pm

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

The crazier thing is she is *still* going at it. I watched the comments roll in, every single minute, for a few hours, then went to bed. I woke up, and she is still commenting every minute on everyone who attacks her, over 12 hours later. When I say she is a crazy, I don't mean "she's a crazy bitch, yo", I mean she really needs to be taken to a mental institute and locked up, for her own protection and others.

And I mean, even if it somehow isn't really her, anyone who would comment on youtube video comments every minute of every hour for 12 hours straight needs to be locked up. Heck, just commenting on youtube videos in general is a questionably sane activity....

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter