Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Community

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20 Next >

05.20.2012 4:05am

dem
Sing for me, little bird

Still...Dan Harmon was very devoted to the show, flaws or no. I love those mock cast interviews he did in the season 1 and 2 DVD sets. The fact that he has them doing commentary on every single episode is also amazing. I think only The Simpsons are the other DVD sets to feature that.

Jump to Post

05.21.2012 4:11pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

So...is anyone considering NOT watching season 4?  It just seems to me that it might be preferable to have these 3 seasons in my mind as one package and not have it tarnished by anyone else.  Sure, the replacements might be talented, but this show really was Harmon's vision.  Without him, it's a different show.  Plus having read his statements on the situation, it sounds like this has been handled terribly by Sony/NBC (really not communicating with him at all).

Jump to Post

05.21.2012 4:27pm

Seldomseen
Old Guard

I'll still watch it. Good things can come from a changing of the guard (like with Smallville); not that that's necessarily what will happen in this case, but I don't see anything wrong with giving the fourth season a chance. If anything, to not watch is probably exactly what the network execs want us to do.

Jump to Post

05.21.2012 4:47pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Huh?  Network execs want us to not watch their network?

From what I've heard, Harmon was let go both because of his general dickishness and because they wanted to "broaden the audience" for Community.  Now I can't comment on the dickishness, but to me broadening the audience means watering it down to a generic sitcom/taking away what makes Community special.  And I don't know if I want to watch that.

However, I can't think of a better way to get more viewers than more shirtless Joel, so I'm torn...

Jump to Post

05.21.2012 5:20pm

Seldomseen
Old Guard

Well, that's what I mean: the move to Fridays, sacking Harmon, this nonsense about appealing to a wider audience (who will definitely not tune in if it's on a Friday), slotting it with Whitney-- NBC pretty much has every angle covered to ensure that both fans and non-fans do not watch Season 4. Simply put, they want it to die; They just don't have anything good enough for them to out-and-out replace it with yet.

Jump to Post

05.21.2012 5:23pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Man NBC's Star Trek Season 3-ing Community.

Jump to Post

05.21.2012 6:26pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Oh, and when Evil Abed made fun of Britta for saying her favorite super hero was X-Man, I know I can't be the only nerd raging at the fact that Abed (evil or otherwise) would be aware that there is (stupidly) a hero named X-Man.

Jump to Post

05.21.2012 7:09pm
 (Edited on 05.21.2012 at 11:25pm)

Seldomseen
Old Guard

No kidding, eh? I was thinking the same thing when he said that, and replayed it just to make sure he really did say X-Man and not X-Men. Evil Abed FTL... or is it? Because isn't Nate Grey hopelessly and hilariously depowered at the moment? To refer to Nate, who is then currently a busted flush, as Britta's favourite superhero would be really meta of him in this context.

Jump to Post

05.21.2012 10:51pm

Lexx
I know how they work

Yeah, right now Nate Grey's only power is very, very weak Telekinesis.

Jump to Post

05.25.2012 2:04am

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Jump to Post

06.08.2012 12:06am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

I'll just leave this here...

Jump to Post

06.08.2012 12:10am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Jump to Post

06.08.2012 3:01am

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

06.11.2012 6:05pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I finally started watching this show and I must say, it took me 2 episodes to like it but I AM HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  All the good stuff I've been hearing is so very true!

Jump to Post

06.14.2012 8:59pm

resare
Exceptional narcissist

19th October.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter