Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Days of Future Past

< Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 Next >

05.27.2014 2:09pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I thought Apocalypse looked like a girl in the credits scene. Did I miss something?

My girlfriend thought so too and she has even less comic book literacy than me. She had never heard of Apocalypse and she thought the same thing.

Jump to Post

05.27.2014 2:59pm

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

I liked it but it was weird at the end seeing all the old cast and it suddenly hit me "Oh my god X3 was like 8 years ago O_O"

Jump to Post

05.27.2014 10:02pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

So basically X2 never happened either. People haven't mentioned that; the erasing of X3 gets all the attention.

Jump to Post

05.27.2014 10:27pm

Zubis
Registered Member

X2 happened. Basically the Singer movies and The Wolverine are canon, everything else is not.

And The Wolverine being canon is questionable I assume they didn't want to rule it out given it was released less than a year ago and it would be a bit of a slap in the face to the director.

Jump to Post

05.27.2014 11:03pm

Magnus
Registered Member

I can see it being cannon since the only thing to change would be the circumstances in which Wolverine was approached by Yukio, that and Logan would not be guilt-ridden over Jean's death. I wouldn't be surprised if Xavier sent one of the other X-Men to back him up.

Jump to Post

05.28.2014 12:32am

Colinp42
Registered Member

Atma Weapon, I assumed it was a pubescent Apoc...before he started hitting the gym (or coopting Celestial tech, which I assume they will not touch here).

X-Men and X2 MAY have happened exactly as we saw, or they could have changed completely. Wouldn't it make sense for prof X to recruit Wolverine earlier now? Or some of the others who he was told were so important? Plus the changes in Mystique...

Jump to Post

05.28.2014 12:42am

Mole
Somebody loves ya.

This is a really good interview with one of the screenwriters who says:

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
There was so much because we wanted to honor X1 through 3 even though we were changing the timeline of those movies. I think the big thing for me is how Charles's mansion is different when Logan wakes up in the changed future, but still the same as it sort of was. When Logan wakes up, it's not the school from X1. It's the mansion/school from the X1 period because of what's changed. If you look, take a look at the [lighting and design]. It's different.

I really think everything from the first three movies is game to be rewritten now, in ways that'll be revealed later. That shit with Mystique replacing Stryker and taking Wolverine has to mean changes in their backstory. The originals are canon in the sense that they happened, just in a different timeline that only Logan has experienced.

And anyway didn't Jean Grey die in X2?

Jump to Post

05.28.2014 12:43am

Old Juan
filled with hate

The only real problem was that Wolverine's guilt over Jeans death was a huge part of The Wolverine.

Jump to Post

05.28.2014 1:38am

Colinp42
Registered Member

Mole, Jean "died" in X2 the same way she "died" in comics the first time before becoming Phoenix - meaning she never really died. Her death in X3 was of a more permanent nature.

Jump to Post

05.28.2014 2:09am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I'm not going to use soiled tags because I'm on a smart phone and not sure how the spoiler tags work anymore. So stop reading my posts in this thread if you don't want to be spoiled.

Okay. X2 has to be undone if you pay attention in the last scene. Not only is Jean alive and obviously in control of herself. Striker's future changed. This is implied very strongly by his interaction with Logan on the boat. If Striker never goes militantly anti-mutant, the events of X2 happen in the dystopia timeline, but not in the corrected timeline. Logan shouldn't have a metal skeleton either.

I guess that puts Mystique's destiny up for grabs as well. It wasn't definitively resolved at the end after she decided not to kill Nixon.

Jump to Post

05.29.2014 5:50am

Ramses
Registered Member

Yeah the movie kills X1-X3, XO:W, and W completely.  I would argue that only X1 could happen completely unchanged in the new timeline.  Then again they made Toad look like Boris the Animal from MIB3 for some reason. Didn't love the movie, didn't hate it, but I'm glad the story is coherent at the moment. Hopefully Fox doesn't throw in the new Crappastic Four in there and screw it up again.

Also couldn't they have found an attractive Baby Mama for Magneato?  I seriously spent the rest of the move wondering how drunk and desperate he was instead of enjoying the end of the movie.

2011 FFO Fantasy Football Champion

Jump to Post

05.29.2014 2:50pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Maybe it's one of those middle aged women who used to be hot

Jump to Post

05.30.2014 2:37am

Ramses
Registered Member

Colinp42 said:

Mole, Jean "died" in X2 the same way she "died" in comics the first time before becoming Phoenix - meaning she never really died. Her death in X3 was of a more permanent nature.

Not that it matters, but I don't see how that little poke to the stomach killed the Mighty Phoenix when Mystique easily surived the same thing in X1.

Jump to Post

05.30.2014 3:10am

Colinp42
Registered Member

Didn't she get "cured" first? Enhanced healing is part of Mystique's shtick (not at wolverines level, but even in the comics), but Jean was just a normal person at that point.

Jump to Post

05.30.2014 10:09am
 (Edited on 05.30.2014 at 10:26am)

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Ramses said:

Yeah the movie kills X1-X3, XO:W, and W completely.  I would argue that only X1 could happen completely unchanged in the new timeline.  Then again they made Toad look like Boris the Animal from MIB3 for some reason. Didn't love the movie, didn't hate it, but I'm glad the story is coherent at the moment. Hopefully Fox doesn't throw in the new Crappastic Four in there and screw it up again.

Also couldn't they have found an attractive Baby Mama for Magneato?  I seriously spent the rest of the move wondering how drunk and desperate he was instead of enjoying the end of the movie.

Well not really for X-Men Origins Wolverine I take it some parts are intact. Didn't that movie also take place in 1973 in the beginning when Wolverine and Saberthooth were both detained? Now this is the strange we assume the Wolverine in DOFP was the one right after forming a team with Striker at Origins. Question is
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
1.) Why the heck is Striker so much younger in DOFP despite the same time/year as Origins? and 2.) How come it seems Striker didn't recognize or much less care about Wolverine when they would cross paths

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter