Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

GAME OF THRONES: SEASON 4

< Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20 Next >

06.02.2014 1:58pm
Thread Creator

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Kellios said:

Why?

More the way it was shot than anything else.  It just seemed really silly.

That said... the scene where she lies for Peter was goddamn amazing.

Jump to Post

06.02.2014 3:46pm

Kal
yes

I thought Sansa looked stunning with the new hair color and that dress.. but the way the scene was shot was a little soapy indeed, her coming out of the bloom-y light and walking down the stairs with that smile like that.
But all the other Vale scenes were perfect imo, so I didn't mind.

Jump to Post

06.02.2014 4:21pm
Thread Creator (Edited on 06.02.2014 at 4:39pm)

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Just re-watched the Sansa scene in question (here (after Arya's awesome, awesome laugh)), and I think what my problem is with is with the music.  It's just so weirdly sinister, it turns everything else in the scene up to 11.

There was another odd music choice in this episode too.  When Ramsay and ROOSE (sorry, I always capitalize it, because he's amazing) are looking out over the North, the music just got bizarrely heroic, as if it were Jon and Eddard we're looking at, not, y'know, the fucking Boltons, who are the primary villains north of the neck and south of the Wall pretty much from now until some point in the future when GRRM finishes some books.

Also this gif:

Jump to Post

06.02.2014 5:11pm

Kellios
Yikes and away!

Man, there's no pleasing some of you guys =P

I loved the Bolton moment just because for what you said. It's basically as if the show runners went, "Oh, you guys want a heartwarming father/son moment? 'Kay, here you go. Boltons." 

After watching the episode a second time, I think it's Ellaria's scream that gets me. It just pierces right through you, damn.

Jump to Post

06.02.2014 5:17pm
Thread Creator

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I am, in fact, impossible to please.

(Just kiddin'.)

Between Ellaria's screaming, and Oberyn screaming, it was pretty rough lemme tell you.

Jump to Post

06.02.2014 5:19pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

Kal said:

The Vale storyline is great.

Rest was meh. Fight was meh.

That beetle monologue? Wtf was that?
I agree about the fight itself in the main, though I did enjoy the mountain doing his hands-free gallagher tribute act.

Jump to Post

06.02.2014 7:21pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Jump to Post

06.03.2014 12:35am
 (Edited on 06.03.2014 at 12:58am)

Zo
another blue ribbon

Goddamn am I excited for the Dark Sansa Saga. I realise she's not going to go from 0 to Olenna Tyrell in the space of a few episodes, but it's so satisfying to watch Sansa just be done with everyone's shit and actively use the power she's only ever passively relied on before. 

I may be misunderstanding, but I thought the idea of castrating young boys was to get them before they get to the point of staring creepily at naked ladies. Yes/no?

Arya and the Hound at the Vale was hilarious because she and I burst out laughing at exactly the same time, because basically any other reaction would have been ridiculous.

Aaaaand the beetle monologue, which was allegory all over the place and I basically loved the hell out of. Life is big and dumb and cruel and not all that bright, and it crushes things for no reason. And there's Tyrion, running around trying to figure out why the bugs get squished, trying to see the the meaning to it all, until he realises that he's been a bug all along and he's about to get crushed and still has no idea why. Dark but very well written.

Jump to Post

06.03.2014 1:34am

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Rhaegar said:

I see your sexy, newly empowered woman and raise you even more creepy not-uncle

Jump to Post

06.03.2014 1:36am
Thread Creator

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Zo said:

I may be misunderstanding, but I thought the idea of castrating young boys was to get them before they get to the point of staring creepily at naked ladies. Yes/no?

Among other things (including the fact that all the Unsullied should be, like, pudgy and doughy, and not uniformly RIPPPPED), yeah.

Jump to Post

06.03.2014 1:42am

Kellios
Yikes and away!

She's really exceptionally beautiful.

Edit: And wonderful funeral clothes for good ol' crazy Aunt Lysa.

Jump to Post

06.03.2014 1:53am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Zo said:

I'm REALLY hoping D&D keep their sophomoric impulses in check and limit it to a platonic attraction through and through.

Aaaaand the beetle monologue, which was allegory all over the place and I basically loved the hell out of. Life is big and dumb and cruel and not all that bright, and it crushes things for no reason. And there's Tyrion, running around trying to figure out why the bugs get squished, trying to see the the meaning to it all, until he realises that he's been a bug all along and he's about to get crushed and still has no idea why. Dark but very well written.

Heh, and here I was thinking I was the only one who didn't hate the beetle monologue.

Jump to Post

06.03.2014 2:31am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

I've read the books several times and knew that fight was gonna be ugly, but I straight up felt nauseous afterwards. Holy hell, that was way more brutal than the Red Wedding.

Jump to Post

06.03.2014 4:29am

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

Zo said:

Even those who lack a man's parts may still have a man's heart...

Eunuch or not, can you blame him?  Hellooooo Missandei.

Jump to Post

06.03.2014 1:43pm
Thread Creator

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Show!Missendei is a ridiculously good looking adult woman.

Book!Missendei is a ten year old.

She's probably the most aged-up character on the show.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter