Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Game of Thrones Season 8

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

04.15.2019 1:52am
Thread Creator

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Season 7 sucked, so I guess we're all down on the show as a result.

But whatever, every other season got its thread, so might as well start one. And this is the last one, so, yeah.

8 minutes until the season premiere as of now.

Jump to Post

04.15.2019 5:22am

Testament
Shamshot

Old friend, indeed.

Jump to Post

04.15.2019 5:22am
Thread Creator

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

ADD: Well, I see that D&D are perfectly content with the scale of time and distance continuing to be as royally fucked as Season 7.

Jump to Post

04.20.2019 8:24am

Magnus
Registered Member

Jump to Post

04.21.2019 7:33pm
Thread Creator

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Chrys Watches GoT, still doing work for Season 8 and still top of their game.

Jump to Post

04.22.2019 11:34am

Magnus
Registered Member

For an episode with no real fighting or death, I don't think the tension has ever been so thick. We had reunions, gatherings of old friends and foes alike, "bull-riding", and an ominous foreshadowing through one song meant to lighten the mood.

If thery cannot stop the Night King in Winterfell, then there is only one option left.

Anyone here like Big Booms?

Jump to Post

04.22.2019 4:26pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Jesus Christ Maisie Williams you were like fourteen when you started on this show.

Jump to Post

04.24.2019 10:19pm

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

Doesn't help that she still basically looks it.   While G-man looks like he's on the wrong side of 30.

Jump to Post

04.29.2019 5:07pm

Testament
Shamshot

Note to self:  Setting your sword aflame before charging accomplishes naught.

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
RIP Lyanna Mormont

Jump to Post

05.02.2019 7:00pm
Thread Creator

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

The tactics displayed by the Winterfell coalition were 10 tons of stupidity.

... the more I think about it, the more this most recent episode clearly falls apart at the seams.

Jump to Post

05.02.2019 7:12pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Why would you charge an army of unknown proportions that you know can't die by any normal means in the pitch black dark?

Jump to Post

05.02.2019 11:35pm

Fukiyama
Sysadmin of my brain

MetaFilter: Quiet, Monday-Morning Napoleon

A US Army War College instructor analyzes the Battle of Winterfell.

Most armchair analysis of the battle thus far, particularly on social media, has concentrated on the mistakes made by Team Alive, to the exclusion both of a careful account of Team Deadâ??s errors and of an appreciation for why Team Alive made the decisions it did. Here, using expertise developed through study and instruction at the United States Army War College, we examine with care how Team Alive overcame cultural and organizational impediments to develop and carry out the plan that defeated Team Dead.

Jump to Post

05.03.2019 2:11am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

It also helps to have plot armor and an endless supply of stamina and adrenaline.

Jump to Post

05.04.2019 2:25pm

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

*shrug*  I thought it was fun.  I'm just hoping there's some kind of twist to keep the last three episodes interesting.  
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
If we're really done with the supernatural side of the story, and the final three end up being a straightforward "Cersei sucks, let's get her" thing, it'll be a shockingly banal end.  

I doubt they'd do that, though,

Jump to Post

05.05.2019 4:44am
 (Edited on 05.05.2019 at 11:24am)

Magnus
Registered Member

Well apparently David Nutter directed the next episode. Pardon me if I am a little nervous given what other episode he directed.

Also a certain Star Wars director may have had some input on the Longest Night script. The writters for the episode have been hired by Rian Johnson to write his S(J)W trilogy. Some of the patterns in this past episode do remind me of The Last Jedi.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter