Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Game of Thrones Season 8

05.06.2019 4:47am
Thread Creator

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Tonight's episode was utter shit. Stupid characters, stupid hookups, stupid attempts at intrigue, stupid predictability, more stupid battle(ish) tactics, stupid killing of jobbers rather than any main characters, just stupid everything.

Jump to Post

05.06.2019 5:12am
 (Edited on 05.06.2019 at 5:27am)

Testament
Shamshot

Game of Stoopid?

RIP hottest person on the show

Jump to Post

05.07.2019 3:14pm
Thread Creator

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Apparently we have a Starbucks in Winterfell.

... and this was still the least stupid part of the whole episode.

Jump to Post

05.07.2019 6:38pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

For a moment I was worried Sansa was looking to hook up with the hound. I'm happy it did not go that way.

Jump to Post

05.09.2019 10:32am

Magnus
Registered Member

It wasn't Dany's Latte. Sansa strikes again!

Jump to Post

05.09.2019 4:19pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I doubt Sansa was the only person drinking a star bucks Latte that day. 

Jump to Post

05.13.2019 6:35am
Thread Creator

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Tonight's episode was the most fucking retarded hour in television history.

That is all.

Jump to Post

05.13.2019 3:37pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I don't understand HBO. GOTs is one of their most successful franchises. Yet they shortened its final season to only six episodes, yet they want to do three spin offs.
That being said. I don't mind that
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Daenerys lost her mind and killed nearly everyone.
It's just that this season has felt so rushed and so quick to tie things up that it just felt so out of no where. Which is such a disappointment. Because it could have been better.

Jump to Post

05.13.2019 6:42pm

Dh
Not in the face!
The Alpha and the Omega

It's just that this season has felt so rushed and so quick to tie things up that it just felt so out of no where. Which is such a disappointment. Because it could have been better.

This is my thought, too. The direction of the plot is fine, but the pacing is way off. I think a few extra episodes, if not an entire season before this one, establishing this eventual outcome would make it work and feel much better.

I made this for you!

Jump to Post

05.13.2019 10:06pm

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

Agreed, although I'm honestly still having a good time with it.

It looked like Dany was just going to fly over to the Red Keep and blast the tower Cersei was in (which I believe is how Harrenhall fell), but... yeah.   They really didn't clue us into her thought process. 

Maybe if they'd had her starting to hear voices throughout the season, as happened to her father towards the end.  Or maybe if the surrendering Lannister soldiers were kneeling to Jon while she watched.  But as it stands, it's a completely unearned moment in a series that usually puts the leg work in.

That push over the edge is all that's missing, though.  Looking back, it's not a shock that Dany went berserk.  Didn't she pretty much want to handle all of her conquests this way, until Jorah, Barristan, and/or Tyrion talked her out of it?  And of those, two are dead and the last can no longer be trusted.

Jump to Post

05.13.2019 11:49pm
Thread Creator

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Almost as stupid as Dany burning everyone being unearned was the character assassination of Jaime. Like how he says he doesn't care for the people of King's Landing when that was the reason he became the Kingslayer in the first place. And in the end, nope, he still wants to fuck his sister all the way to his death. That duel with Show!Euron was all-time stupid, too.

Jump to Post

05.16.2019 2:40pm
 (Edited on 05.16.2019 at 4:13pm)

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

I've really come around on the Daenerys scene in the past couple of days.

I was puzzled by that moment with her and Drogon on the rooftop, and how it really didn't come off like a person snapping or going mad.  It just didn't work.

But that's because she wasn't snapping in that moment, and there was nothing spontaneous about what she did.  Her breaking point was when Missandei was killed.  And after that, Dany made the cold, calculated choice to torch King's Landing.  To make an example.  After Tyrion, Varys, and Jons' apparent betrayal, she made one last plea to Jon to pull her back from the brink, but he rebuffed her.  "Alright, then.  Let it be fear."

Tyrion begs her to listen for the bells, but she gives him the brush-off.  Just a knowing nod to Grey Worm, the only person left that she really trusts, and also, I'm guessing, the only person she told about what she's planning.

Dany lands on that rooftop, waiting to make sure the Lannister troops don't surrender, and the bells don't sound, in the interest of plausible deniability.   Hey, she gave Cersei a shot.   But when the bells do sound, she chooses to just grit her teeth and carry on as planned.

This wasn't Anakin Skywalker going berserk on a village of Tusken Raiders.  This was Darth Vader calmly marching with a legion of clones into the Jedi Temple, to massacre everyone inside.

Of course, this does go against what one of the showrunners said about the scene.  So... I guess we'll see in a few days.

Jump to Post

05.16.2019 6:42pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

lol remember when Stannis' fleet is about to storm King's Landing way back in s2 and in the city they ring the bells to sound the alarm and Davos even literally says "I've never known bells to mean surrender"?

Jump to Post

05.19.2019 4:13am
Thread Creator (Edited on 05.20.2019 at 5:21am)

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

That "Remake Game of Thrones" petition that every major news outlet is reporting on has crossed 1 million signatures. LOL.

Not that I, for one second, believe this petition will actually do anything. But hey, it's still fucking hilarious and epic. Dumb & Dumber fucked up, that's all there is to it.

ADDED: Worst finale of any show ever made. Period. I wonder how many more will sign that petition now. :P

Jump to Post

05.20.2019 4:34am

Testament
Shamshot

Idiocy knows no bounds. Jesus Fucking Christ.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter