Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Game of Thrones Season Three

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 18 Next >

01.25.2013 7:48pm
Thread Creator

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Because I don't want to necro a thread that's specifically labeled for Season 2:

Ciaran Hinds (Ceasar from ROME) as Mance Rayder:

Ellie Kendrick as Meera Reed:

Jump to Post

01.25.2013 8:29pm

Kal
yes

AAAH I WAS TRYING TO AVOID ALL PICTURES and info why did I click on this thread :(

it's okay though, Meera looks awesome !!(and although I've not yet seen official photos of Jojen, the actor they picked looks exactly how I imagined him. I really hope they include their Oath to Bran and the story about the Knight of the Laughing tree, possibly two of the best moments of Bran's storyline).
Not quite how I pictured Mance but he looks quite charismatic and if he's anything like in Rome, he'll be great.

Jump to Post

01.26.2013 8:44pm

TheheirofGondor
Registered Member

So I watched part of the first season of this and then decided to read the books instead.  I was lukewarm on the show but I love the books.  However, this pictures are really badass.

Jump to Post

01.28.2013 10:12pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

Dammit I've got to get me arse in gear and get book 3 read.

Jump to Post

01.28.2013 10:54pm

Amer
pew pew pew

I'm debating signing up for HBO at half price b/c of a Dish Network deal just for season 3. Up until now I've been "obtaining" them but even that is becoming inconvient. 

Once I get my season 2 blu rays in I might have to have a marathon of the first two seasons just to refresh again. Still need to finish book 5. 

Jump to Post

02.04.2013 7:50pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

[spoiler maybe]
I don't know... the characters that debuted in the second season seem pretty bland. I'm not looking forward to the red wedding, because that just means more favorites gone. Plus the fact that Daenerys' plotline is pretty boring. I think they should just start taking some liberties with the plotline because it sort of sucks knowing everything that is going to happen.
[/spoiler maybe]

Jump to Post

02.06.2013 2:06pm

TheheirofGondor
Registered Member

to do spoiler tags, just do [spoiler.][./spoiler] without the period

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
like this.  As for the show taking liberties I really think it shouldn't.  The little ones I saw I really didn't like and its refreshing to get something that is true to the source material.  The Red Wedding is pretty much the most important moment in the series and changing that to keep Rob and the others alive would ruin what makes the books great.

Jump to Post

02.06.2013 2:47pm

Amer
pew pew pew

I agree with THoG, the Rob and Cat story was going absolutely nowhere anyway, as you can't actually have them win and then lose all the terribly interesting things that are going on in King's Landing. Killing them off has made more time for characters that are actually getting really interesting - Brienne, Tyrion, Arya, etc. Hell even Cersei is getting really interesting. Rob was just so cliche and now at least we get somewhat different Lady Stoneheart.

Jump to Post

02.06.2013 3:02pm

Kal
yes

DB and DB have proven with season 2 that they suck at taking liberties.
Stick to the script. Make the sale.

Pretty sure/hoping Red Wedding will be episode 9 and then the season will end on the Purple Wedding

Jump to Post

02.06.2013 10:23pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Yeah, they've already taken enough liberties with the details and sometimes the plot. Most of them definitely not for the better.

Jump to Post

02.07.2013 9:39pm
 (Edited on 02.07.2013 at 9:51pm)

dem
Sing for me, little bird

Kal said:

DB and DB have proven with season 2 that they suck at taking liberties.
Stick to the script. Make the sale.

Pretty sure/hoping Red Wedding will be episode 9 and then the season will end on the Purple Wedding

I'm betting against this since they have the events of book 3 leading up to the Red Wedding to cover, as well as some of the material from book 2 that was left out of season 2. They have finally cast Catelyn's Brother/Uncle and it's also been confirmed that Theon will be in season 3(I'm calling it now that the actor they cast as "Boy" is going to be revealed to be Ramsay Snow). In otherwords they have enough material to worry about from the first half of book 3 as well as including some of the stuff that's been left out until now to get to the PW. Plus, do we really want all of the biggest events of each season to happen in episode 9?

As for the liberties taken, I really don't mind. I see it as taking a different path to get to the same place. For me personally, I fell for the series so hard that I read all 5 novels 3 times in a little over over one year. I'm so familiar with the material that I straight up don't want the show to be exactly identical.

Jump to Post

02.17.2013 4:33pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

The kind of liberties that really get on my nerves are the ones that are blatantly meant to get more T&A in.

Such as in Season 2 (analog to Clash of Kings):

The scene where Joffrey makes the two prostitutes mutilate each other at the point of a crossbow. (I think one of those was the made-up character Ros?) Totally unnecessary when the book already had a perfectly good scene involving Joffrey being sadistic as fuck with a crossbow â?? in which he snipes beggars from the Red Keep walls. Which would've also given a lot more context to the King's Landing riots later on (and did in the book).

I do still enjoy the show, don't get me wrong, but gratuitous differences of that nature do get annoying.

Jump to Post

02.18.2013 10:37pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

^Well it is an HBO show, so yeah, the thinking is the more sex the better. I actually thought that season 2 had a little less of it than season 1.

I saw the first commercial for season 2 BluRay the other day, which comes out tomorrow. I hope it doesn't take too long for it to arrive via Amazon. $30 isn't bad at all, considering that it will probably be $60 retail. I'm looking forward to March 31st.

Jump to Post

03.07.2013 8:35pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I'm through season 2 episode 2 on my attempt to run through the series prior to the launch of season 3. It looks like I'm going to make it.

Jump to Post

04.01.2013 3:04am
 (Edited on 04.01.2013 at 4:53am)

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Well, lots of exposition in this episode.

Lack of Strong Belwas makes me a sad panda. However after a little bit of thinking, it did make sense to reveal Barristan Selmy immediately in the show, rather than go through the whole "Arstan Whitebeard" thing.

On the other hand, Tyrion's and Tywin's dialogue was fucking perfect, and I also love the added scenes with Joffrey, Cersei and Margaery setting up the tension that had been behind the scenes. Can't wait for the Queen of Thorns and "The Bear and the Maiden Fair."

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 18 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter