Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Game of Thrones Season Three

< Prev 1 2 3 4 ... 18 Next >

04.01.2013 8:29am
 (Edited on 04.01.2013 at 8:55am)

dem
Sing for me, little bird

I'd say they've gotten a lot better at deviating from the books now. Especially when you compare it to that atrocious scene in Littlefinger's brothel in season 1. I choose to be an optimist. But you just know they're crying betrayal over the alteration to Mance's introduction over at the westeros forums...

Some book 3 spoilers ahead.
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Slow start, but that will only make the payoff that much more rewarding. A Storm of Swords starts off slowly before unexpectedly exploding with awesome chapter after chapter...
You're right, the Arstan thing would have made no sense off of the page and any big fan of the show that hasn't read the books would have just seen it as an insult to their intelligence/waste of their time. I wonder how Jorah's spying on Dany will be revealed to her since Barristan wasn't at the small council meetings in season 1 like he was in book 1. The removal of the Sorrowful Men from the series by having the warlocks of Quarth doing their own dirty work is just plain logical when you think about it. After that thing with the manticore the Sorrowful Men haven't appeared since and the show doesn't really need two seperate guilds of assassins.

The giant looked fucking amazing. Also... Qyburn!!!

Jump to Post

04.01.2013 1:52pm

Amer
pew pew pew

I really enjoyed it.

Jump to Post

04.01.2013 4:23pm

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

Oh man, that Tywin/Tyrion scene... so good.
Makes me wonder if Tywin will get offed this scene or next.

Jump to Post

04.01.2013 4:28pm
Thread Creator

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Jump to Post

04.01.2013 5:37pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Man, the episode ended five minutes before various awesome things I wanted to see happened!  Ahh, well. Next week.

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

04.01.2013 5:43pm

Kellios
Yikes and away!

Nelfichu said:

Oh man, that Tywin/Tyrion scene... so good.
Makes me wonder if Tywin will get offed this scene or next.

I think they'll do that at the end of the season... but anyone else notice the letter Tywin was writing? BWAHAHAHAHA

Totally cool with revealing Selmy already, as it makes much more sense for TV. Mance's reveal I was fine with too. Giants!

Lots of calm before the storm. Looking forward to it.

Jump to Post

04.01.2013 6:06pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Kellios said:

I think they'll do that at the end of the season... but anyone else notice the letter Tywin was writing? BWAHAHAHAHA

Totally cool with revealing Selmy already, as it makes much more sense for TV. Mance's reveal I was fine with too. Giants!

Lots of calm before the storm. Looking forward to it.

Remember that ASoS is being split between Seasons 3 and 4. (Good, because it needs it.) So that one scene you're referring to won't happen until next season.

I was hoping for a more flamboyant introduction for Mance, him being a musician and all. They're really making him a lot more low key here. Not sure what to think of that yet.

All the reviews are indicating that stuff really picks up after this first episode, so looking forward to it. And while this first episode was a ton of exposition, which makes me go meh by default, at least it handled it a lot better than Season 2's premier did. Focusing on just a few plot points this time around really did it a lot of good.

Jump to Post

04.01.2013 6:43pm

Kellios
Yikes and away!

^
(Book spoilers)
Yep, I realize. I think, for this season, The, uh, Scarlet Nuptials is the season ender, and Tywin end of next season (Keeps Charles Dance around longer, happened at the end of ASoS anyways, need something big for season 4 ender, etc).

Jump to Post

04.01.2013 7:58pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

This one got me this year on 4/1

https://hbowatch.com/peter-dinklage-april-season-four/

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

04.01.2013 8:01pm

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

reido said:

What ravens did they have?  I didn't see any with them in season 2.

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

04.01.2013 8:32pm

Amer
pew pew pew

I'm not done with my rewatch of season 2, but they definitely have ravens with them at Craster's. 

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 2:15am

Southern Comfort
silently judging all of you

Okay, you fuckers, you made me do it.  You made me sit down and watch this show and I hate the books and I despise GRRM's fucking fat ass and why can't I stop watching this this is your fault, you know.

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 2:41am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

Amer said:

I'm not done with my rewatch of season 2, but they definitely have ravens with them at Craster's. 
Well then when could he have sent them?  Unless there was supposed to be a gap between the last seconds of season 2 and the first of season 3?

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 5:25am
Thread Creator

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Southern Comfort said:

Okay, you fuckers, you made me do it.  You made me sit down and watch this show and I hate the books and I despise GRRM's fucking fat ass and why can't I stop watching this this is your fault, you know.

One of us.  One of us.

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 6:00am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

I stopped watching GoT near the end of S2. I don't know. I'm just...depressed by it. Prolly because of what happened in the third book.

:(

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 ... 18 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter