Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Game of Thrones Season Three

< Prev 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 Next >

07.03.2013 8:59pm

Kal
yes

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Not to mention the theory that Tyrion is the result of Aerys raping Joanna................

My favorite theory though is Jon x Satin. 

Jump to Post

07.03.2013 9:37pm

Kellios
Yikes and away!

^
(Book spoilers/fan theory)

I thought the Aerys/Joanna thing was for Jaime and Cersei? And that Tyrion is truly Tywin's?

Jump to Post

07.04.2013 12:19am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

Wow, I'd never heard either variation of Kal's spoiler theory... That would be wild. Not sure how I feel about it.

Jump to Post

07.04.2013 2:29am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Whoa, both of those spoiler text theories are pretty crazy.

Mind you, Jamie and Cersei certainly fucked like Targaryens tended to do. :P

Jump to Post

07.04.2013 6:52am

Southern Comfort
silently judging all of you

Aaaaand now my cop buddy is addicted to this show.

Jump to Post

07.05.2013 11:22am
 (Edited on 07.05.2013 at 11:34am)

dem
Sing for me, little bird

About the Rhaegar/Lyanna theory:

Jon wouldn't be a bastard if Rhaegar and Lyanna were married when he was conceived before Rhaegar rode off  to battle at the Trident. There's precedence for polygamy amongst the Targaryens. It's also been implied that Rhaegar wanted to somehow dethrone Aerys should he have returned alive from the Trident. So if three Kingsguard were at the Tower of Joy they would have to have been in on Rhaegar's plan and acting on the basis that Rhaegar was king and not Aerys when he died on the battlefield. Therefore they were guarding Jon as the rightful claimant to the throne with Aegon having been recently killed during the sack of King's Landing.

That felt complicated just typing it, but it's why I love this series.

Jump to Post

07.05.2013 3:29pm
Thread Creator

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I enjoy the insinuation that Lyanna was with Rheagar by choice and willingly and that Robert and Ned just couldn't accept that.

Jump to Post

07.05.2013 6:10pm

Kellios
Yikes and away!

^
Agreed, but I think it was more that Robert couldn't accept that, and Ned got dragged into it by the honor of protecting his sister, as well as revenge for Aerys killing Ned's brother and father.

I feel the Rhaegar/Lyanna theory has enough merit to be true, but I kinda wish Jon is just what he is - Ned Stark's bastard =P

I don't buy at all the Aerys/Joanna thing, but I'm fascinated by the depths fans will go to to find things to talk about while waiting for the next book.

Jump to Post

07.05.2013 6:28pm
Thread Creator

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Yeah, it's a lot more in-character for Robert than for Ned, but I can see it as part of why Ned was so determined to make Robert a better king than he was, and why he cared for Jon as deeply as he did.

Jump to Post

07.05.2013 6:31pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Yeah, I'm like 99.9% sure Rheagar and Lyanna Stark were in love with each other and she ran off with him. Robert feeling slighted + Aerys being a shithead is what colored the perception of Rheagar taking her against her will.

If we continue with the Jon is Lyanna's child theory, then it's all but certain that Lyanna died giving birth to Jon as she was in a "bed of blood and flowers" and had a fever before she died. Plus the promise she made Ned swear.

I don't really buy any of the theories about the Lannister kids though.

Jump to Post

07.05.2013 6:43pm
Thread Creator

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I have a legit fear that Martin is so tired of these theories that he's going to kill the only character left who has any idea what actually went down.

Which, considering some of the, ah, crazier theories out there, might have already happened:
Dumb crazy theory 1:  Jojen is really a magically de- or reverse-aged Howland Reed.

Dumb crazy theory 2:  Also Jojen got turned into paste and fed to Bran to give him his magic tree powers!

Jump to Post

07.05.2013 6:45pm

Kal
yes

At this point I've read so much about R+L=J that I feel like it'd be a twist if it hadn't actually happened that way.

Bran eating Jojen paste seems legit though

Jump to Post

07.06.2013 4:18am

Kellios
Yikes and away!

Hence why I'd love it if it ended up being a massive troll by GRRM, haha.

As for the Oberyn casting, I t hink if Pascal grows out his hair and a beard, gets a tan, he'll be a perfect Red Viper. I pictured the Dornish more Spanish/Greek/North African, and Pascal's facial features from that one picture nails it for me. I trust D&D/HBO at this point, so I can't wait to see him in action. That, and think of the accent =B This show is such an eargasm.

Jump to Post

07.09.2013 7:55pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

I'm still halfway through but even though I know everything that's going to happen, I'm really enjoying this season.  Aside from the first episode, I'm finding it well-paced and holding my interest quite well.  It helps that it's been a long time since I read the books.

Jaime's recounting of the events that made him the Kingslayer was well-acted.  And I had forgotten the details, so it was pretty epic to watch.  It's nice how this stuff comes back to me even though I've forgotten.  Like Daenerys taking the city.  I knew she did something like that and freed a bunch of slaves but I couldn't remember the details.

I'm starting to really want to re-read the books.

Jump to Post

07.25.2013 10:10pm

Kellios
Yikes and away!

Ellaria Sand has been cast. She's - 

(for those who want to remain book spoiler free)
the Red Viper's paramour, and mother to 3 of the Sand Snakes.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/25/game-of-thrones-rome-actress/

G
oddamn, that's EXACTLY how I pictured the Dornish women.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter