Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Hunger Games

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

03.31.2012 2:42am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Old Juan said:

The movie was okay. It takes a very dark premise and waters it down enough for the masses. It's too bad because if you are going have such a dark concept you really need to either go for broke or go home.
You said in two sentences, what I wasn't able to say in several paragraphs.  Bravo.

Jump to Post

03.31.2012 3:33am

Old Juan
filled with hate

CaButler said:

I know there are some complaints about the shaky cam, but I think the only reason they had it was to avoid the dreaded R raiting, because let's be honest, it's kids killing kids, and even if the rest of the film was squeaky clean, if there was no shakey cam, there would be no way the MPAA would let this go with anything less than an R rating.

At least, that's my theory behind it.

I'm not sure. The voilence was pretty sanitized for the most part. It simply wasn't graphic enough to get get that R rating.

Jump to Post

04.09.2012 4:08am

Sei'taer
lost

It was still kids killing kids.  We'll see though, because "Catching Fire" is going to have different director, and it's far more graphic in it's violence than the first book.

I thought it was quite a great adaptation of the book, especially capturing the first person element of the book.  Loved the score too.  Some of it was weak in it's presentation, but it is meant for a younger audience. 

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter