Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Jurassic World

< Prev 1 2 Next >

11.25.2014 5:37pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

This looks far better than I expected honestly.

Jump to Post

11.25.2014 5:54pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I'm a little wary of this hybrid dinosaur they speak of. I have a feeling this is going to open up to some stupid science fiction.

Jump to Post

11.25.2014 6:00pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

It's been leaked what type of dinosaur it is and doesn't sound too bad.

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.

Basically it's a modified T-Rex called a D-Rex (Diabolus).
It's as smart as a raptor, but bigger than a T-Rex and can partially camoflage its skin.

Jump to Post

11.25.2014 6:08pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
As long as it's essentially a T-Rex, that's fine.  T-Rex++ is better than Spino-OHSHITITKILLEDATREXWHATABADASS-saurus.

I am...

Mixed.  On one hand, look at all those actors I like.  On that same hand, dinosaurs.  Action.  Dinosaurs. 

On the other hand, just two things:
1) Star Lord and his army of velociraptors.
2) At no point will I be able to suspend my disbelief.  Does no one involved in this project remember all those people who died, screaming horribly?

Back on the first hand, Pratt:  "Probably not a good idea."

Jump to Post

11.25.2014 6:11pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Why the fuck would you create something like that?
Because of science?

"Hey we just made cancer airborne and contagious, your welcome were science, were all about coulda, not shoulda."

Jump to Post

11.25.2014 6:33pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Falling park visitors apparently. Jurassic World's been open for 10 years in the movie and visitors were getting bored of seeing the same dinosaurs.

Jump to Post

11.25.2014 7:05pm
 (Edited on 11.25.2014 at 7:10pm)

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Gwen Stacy:  "They were tired of herbivores, okay?!  Profits were dropping, we couldn't afford to keep the larger animals, we were risking starvation on a park-wide scale!  So we needed something to pump up the numbers, something... and then Johansen brought up the original park's plans, and we saw the T-Rex paddock... so we did it.  We fucking did it.  We did everything we could to make it safer, pit walls on all sides, emergency detonators in the animals' brains... they told us it was cruel, we told them it was necessary.  Profits went through the roof.  Through.  The.  Roof."

Starlord:  "Yeah, well, I know about all that.  That was five years ago.  I still don't see why in the world you could be so stupid as to improve on an apex predator in a fucking amusement park."

She heaves a sigh, takes a long drag from her cigarette, hands trembling.

Gwen Stacy:  "Well, apparently we live in a world where the human population gets bored by our miraculous, inconcievably grand, epoch-instigating dinosaur science.  The apex predator was old news within two years.  It seems crazy, I know.  A world full of people who are nuts for dinosaurs, and they got bored of the king in less time than it takes most kids to learn how to talk.  So we gave them something more."

Starlord throws a file folder across the desk angrily.  "And these?!"

She lets the smoke rise from between her lips slowly.  "What else would you expect?  Imagine parachuting a crated t-rex into a terrorist compound. Imagine a pack of them."

Starlord:  "Jesus Christ."

She grinds her cigarette in the ash tray.  "Now imagine we made it even scarier.  Somebody had to fund this place."

Starlord:  "Wait a minute--" A light enters his eyes.

Gwen Stacy:  "You're getting it now, aren't you?  I can tell."  She slides what looks like a Sony Vita (tm) portable gaming system across the desk.

Starlord, rapidly becoming Andy Dwyer:  "Is that what I think it is?"

Gwen Stacy:  "It is.  It's a remote control for the raptors."

Andy Dwyer:

Jump to Post

11.25.2014 11:33pm

Tristan
Just Giv'r

^ That sounds fucking sweet.

If that's all the hybrid is going to be then that's my only reservation out the window! Yay dinosaurs!

Jump to Post

11.26.2014 5:38pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Yes, there will be one new dinosaur created by the parkâ??s geneticists. The gaps in her sequence were filled with DNA from other species, much like the genome in the first film was completed with frog DNA. This creation exists to fulfill a corporate mandateâ??they want something bigger, louder, with more teeth. And thatâ??s what they get. I know the idea of a modified dinosaur put a lot of fans on red alert, and I understand it. But we arenâ??t doing anything here that Crichton didnâ??t suggest in his novels. This animal is not a mutant freak. It doesnâ??t have a snakeâ??s head or octopus tentacles. Itâ??s a dinosaur, created in the same way the others were, but now the genetics have gone to the next level. For me, itâ??s a natural evolution of the technology introduced in the first film.  --Director Colin Trevorrow

I wasn't that far off the mark.

But I would totally watch a movie that involved a T-Rex just fucking bristling with octopus tentacles, I won't deny it.

Jump to Post

11.27.2014 4:10am

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

Anyone else getting the wrong vibe from the CG?

Jump to Post

11.27.2014 8:55am

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

No (the movie looks really nice to me), but I am getting the wrong vibe from the lead.   He's acting serious/brooding in a way that doesn't seem to be his forte.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

11.27.2014 2:54pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I tried to resist, but I couldn't.  This movie looks dumb as hell, but I'm super excited anyways.

Jump to Post

11.27.2014 4:13pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Colour me super excited about this.

Also, according to the director himself, the CGI shown in the trailer isn't necesarily going to be used in the completed film; at least where the gate is concerned. It will in fact be a physical effect.

I'm sure the whole thing will be cleaned up and look better come the release.

Jump to Post

11.27.2014 5:43pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

The whole idea of bringing dinosaurs back from the dead via heavily degraded DNA is way out there in Sci-Fi land anyway, so a genetically modified super-dinosaur isn't exactly out of the norm for this movie series. The movie looks like it'll be a lot of fun.

I want to join Raptor Squad.

Jump to Post

11.27.2014 6:01pm

Kal
yes

Looks pretty dumb fun. (but the CGI does look... terrible)
Only problem is I just can't take Pratt seriously. After those one liners I half expect him to put on sunglasses and go "Burt Macklin, FBI, on the case"

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter