Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

NBA Finals 2012

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

Who will win the NBA Finals and in how many games?

Show Poll Results

06.10.2012 9:31am
Thread Creator (Edited on 06.20.2012 at 6:15am)

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Surprisingly, no one started a thread and poll about the NBA Playoffs, but now that the Finals are set, I figured I'd at least do that.

So in one corner we have the team that so much of America wants to paint as the villain, the Heat, who survived a stern test from the mostly ancient Celtics and didn't have to run into Chicago thanks to Derrick Rose's injury. In the other corner we have a young but talented team, led by Kevin Durant, that seems primed to become the team of the 10s, and whom all of America except for Seattle seems to like (their previous owner is a fucking bastard, I'll say that).

So who do you think is going to win, and in how many games, and whom are you pulling for?

Jump to Post

06.10.2012 9:36am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Thunder in 5. I didn't think anyone would take down the Spurs, given how incredible they'd been playing and the Zombie Sonics made that series look easy. The team that isn't a team won't put up more of a challenge. I figured OKC would lose this season for their "lose and learn" year and then bust out for the next 5-6. Guess not.

Jump to Post

06.10.2012 9:52am
Thread Creator

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Two reasons I wouldn't mind seeing the Heat win:

1) Cleveland fans are butthurt morons who deserve to suffer, and
2) Skip Bayless

However, I do think the Thunder take it. In 6.

Jump to Post

06.10.2012 10:01am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

I don't want the Superfriends to win. At all. Ever.

Jump to Post

06.10.2012 11:16am

Tristan
Just Giv'r

No love for the Heatles. OKC in 6.

Jump to Post

06.11.2012 12:20am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

OKC takes this in 6. They are unbeatable at home

Jump to Post

06.11.2012 2:27am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Thunder in 6, but this is coming from a homer and OKC area native. This team seems to have the kind of chemistry that championship teams usually harness.

Jump to Post

06.11.2012 4:40am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I think Thunder at six, and I'm rooting for them. Either way the media coverage will be unbearable because of the fixation on Lebron James and the haters are even more annoying than the bandwagon fans.

And I want Skip Bayless to die in a fire. I don't understand how he stays employed when it seems like everyone hates him, even his coworkers.

Jump to Post

06.11.2012 9:46am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Can we have some kind of fight to the death between Skip Bayless and Rick Reilly? Ref'd by Craig Sager maybe?

Jump to Post

06.11.2012 6:02pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Onyx said:

I think Thunder at six, and I'm rooting for them. Either way the media coverage will be unbearable because of the fixation on Lebron James and the haters are even more annoying than the bandwagon fans.

And I want Skip Bayless to die in a fire. I don't understand how he stays employed when it seems like everyone hates him, even his coworkers.

Because people talk about him and his views a lot getting him more viewers and publicity for espn. He's the white stephen a smith

Jump to Post

06.11.2012 6:52pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

go Seattle!!!!

Jump to Post

06.12.2012 1:36pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

A thread where my home state is favored?  This is a world I can learn to live with.

OKC in 7.

Jump to Post

06.12.2012 4:26pm

Ulterior
Registered Member

Rhaegar said:didn't have to run into Chicago thanks to Derrick Rose's injury.

[size=100];_;[/size]

Getting that out of the way, Thunder in six.

I love you, everything burrito.

Jump to Post

06.13.2012 1:37am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

I'm already sick of the "Seattle is crying" stories. We get it. You lost your team and they're awesome now. I still call them the Zombie Sonics thanks to Simmons. Calm down.

Could be worse Seattle, could be Quebec City who lost their NHL team...who then won the Stanley Cup THE NEXT YEAR.

Jump to Post

06.13.2012 1:55am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I wonder who the whinier city is when it comes to basketball: Seattle or Cleveland?

Though Cleveland had a similar thing in footbll. Browns move to Baltimore and become the Ravens. Win the Super Bowl soon after. Cleveland Browns come back as an expansion team and have been a joke since.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter