Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

NBA Finals 2012

Who will win the NBA Finals and in how many games?

Show Poll Results

06.13.2012 1:58am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Seattle is whinier. Cleveland has a long history of being punched in the gut and generally seem to react more like "Here we go again" than anything else (LeBron excluded).

Jump to Post

06.13.2012 5:06am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Goat, thy name is Wade.

Jump to Post

06.13.2012 11:12am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

LeBron wasn't any better. One bucket in the first 8-ish minutes of the 4th.

THUNDER! Ahhh ahh ahh ahhh ahh ahh ahh ahh! THUNDER!

Jump to Post

06.14.2012 4:32am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

You guys would all be whining if your favorite sports team moved to another city despite the fact that the city wanted them to stay. You can't blame those fans at all. 

Sonics fans were complaining way before the Thunder were good. That first year the thunder were still a lottery team, was when Sonics fans hated them the most. It's not because their winning but because the owner just ripped the team away from the city and the way he did it.

Jump to Post

06.14.2012 5:31am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Seattle has no one to blame but themselves for losing the Sonics.

Jump to Post

06.14.2012 12:50pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Why? Because they wouldn't help the CEO of Starbucks build an arena? I say again, the CEO OF STARBUCKS. When Schultz sold the team, I think he hoped it would stay there, but Stern just let the shady deal to move to OKC happen.

Once again, Simmons has outdone himself.

Jump to Post

06.14.2012 1:45pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

What a lot of people don't realize is that Oklahoma (and I'm saying this as a 28-year resident) has never had a pro team worth half a shit.  We've spent decades getting excited about minor league baseball and super-minor-league hockey.

Hockey

We're a college sports state with too many colleges and a vehemently resentful cross-state rivalry.  And those college teams?  Everyone outside of Oklahoma hates them.  Hates.  It's basically impossible to watch a college football game without some announcer or other badmouthing us, or reading an internet article without some LSU or USC fan spouting off about how OU or OSU is only good because they're in the shitty Big 12*.  I went to the Rose Bowl with my team in 2003 and got to hear about how we were sullying the field with our presence.

And then the Thunder came along.  And suddenly, everyone in Oklahoma had something they could agree on.  Something they could be proud of, together.  Something that would put us in the national eye** and--holy shit--they're actually doing really good.  And oh man, you can go on ESPN and find polls and graphs that point out that basically the entire country is rooting for us.  This is unheard of in Oklahoma.

*Not getting into that here.
** A lot of news outlets lately have been like "OH MAN IT'S SO GREAT TO HAVE SOMETHING ON THE NATIONAL NEWS BESIDES THE BOMBING AND TORNADOS", also mentioned in BT's link, but, like--fuck that.  I find that sentiment pretty repugnant, and I refuse to embrace it.  To me it feels like it cheapens the impact of the various tragedies they link it to.  "Oh hey hundreds of people are horribly dead but at least we've got that good basketsball!"

Jump to Post

06.15.2012 5:35am

Ulterior
Registered Member

so how bout that no-call?

I love you, everything burrito.

Jump to Post

06.15.2012 5:48am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

If you're talking about that one with Lebron's ever so slight contact with Durant near the end, I think that was the right call. Definitely not a foul as he didn't really interfere with Durant's shot with the light contact and I HATE it when they do call that a foul, as has often been the case.

Of course, people who don't know any better are going to use it as an example of their tinfoil hat conspiracy theories about the NBA rigging games.

Jump to Post

06.15.2012 7:42am
Thread Creator

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

If we REALLY wanted to play the foul card, we could also point to the moment Durant should've fouled out when charging a Shane Battier who clearly had his feet set.

Jump to Post

06.15.2012 9:02am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

I find it amusing that in order for the Superfriends to win they apparently need to rely heavily on Shane Battier. SHANE BATTIER. The man who averaged less than five points a game in the regular season. If OKC can find a way to not throw up bricks to start a game this series wouldn't even be close.

Jump to Post

06.15.2012 4:19pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I know he isn't the best of players. but I'm not going to diminish the contributions of anyone who went 5 for 7 from downtown. That's pretty damn good.

Lebron James was also perfect from the free throw line, going 12 for 12. Including two crucial FT's near the end of the game to make it a two possession game.

Jump to Post

06.15.2012 4:54pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Well the Superfriends needed someone other than the Big 2 and Bosh to step up, but I had to do a double take seeing Battier has 17 points in each game so far.

Jump to Post

06.16.2012 3:25am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I'm not pointing to the late non-call as the reason for the loss. Heat played agressively and came away with a tough road win. I tip my hat to them.

Jump to Post

06.20.2012 6:31am
Thread Creator (Edited on 06.20.2012 at 6:53am)

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

So ... I hope the IT guy at Cleveland or whoever deletes the Comic Sans font off Dan Gilbert's computer within the next couple of days.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter