Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Pixar... the sequel factory.

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

04.02.2013 6:03pm
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/02/nemo-finds-a-sequel-finding-dory-announced

W
hat happened to you Pixar... you use to be cool and orginal. 

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 6:06pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Putting a big lampshade over Cars and Cars 2, which I haven't seen on account of having literally no desire to do so...

I would be more worried if Toy Stories 2 and 3, particularly 3, weren't both really damned good.  When Pixar sequels start to suck, then I'll start to complain, but for now their track record (again, ignoring Cars as I have no critical opinion of either movie nor the desire to form one) remains essentially spotless.

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 6:49pm
 (Edited on 04.02.2013 at 6:56pm)

Kal
yes

Their best movie was a sequel and their worst movie was a sequel. So I really wouldn't know what to expect.

On a not so unrelated note, April's fool is called "April fish" in France, so I dunno really.

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 7:03pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Cars is underrated, and doesn't deserve the abuse most people heap on it.

Cars 2 is garbage though.

---

On a more positive note, we've only got a couple of prequels/sequels to slog through before Pixar gets back to original stories. So chin up, folks :)

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 8:05pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Eh, Pixar's latest original movie was pretty weak, so I don't really hold sequels against them, especially with Toy Story 2 and 3 being so good.

That said, I didn't like Finding Nemo all that much, so a sequel focused on its most annoying character doesn't interest me whatsoever.

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 8:13pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Pixar is starting to face the wrath of studio executives who see nothing but dollar signs than original ideas. This is what happened when Disney bought them back and even though Lasseter is creative director its the execs that fund these sequels.

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 8:34pm

Kal
yes

Oh wait so this is not an april's fool...

Well at least it can't turn out worse than .... 

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 8:52pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Planes was originally supposed to be DTV but because it's remotely related to Cars, Disney/Pixar's bigger merch seller, they decided to release it theatrically.

It looks so bad I think it'll be even worse than Cars 2, something I didn't think possible.

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 9:16pm
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Id82 said:

Pixar is starting to face the wrath of studio executives who see nothing but dollar signs than original ideas. This is what happened when Disney bought them back and even though Lasseter is creative director its the execs that fund these sequels.

Then why is the normal production studio getting things like Tangled, Wreck it Ralph, and Frozen.

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 9:36pm
 (Edited on 04.03.2013 at 2:56pm)

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Because what boss wants to be outperformed by their employee?

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 11:28pm

Kellios
Yikes and away!

Clowd Cole said:

Then why is the normal production studio getting things like Tangled, Wreck it Ralph, and Frozen.

Those are Disney, not Pixar.

Pixar also has another studio in Vancouver now, so yeah, yearly releases and often times they will be sequels. Although I'm kinda shocked The Incredibles 2 hasn't been announced yet. 

Money, money, money. But hey, it also keeps people in business and employed. All to hope for is no slip in quality, and that'll be interesting to see with two full blown studios to run at once. 

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 11:52pm

judge_raz
Ceci n'est pas une lobster

Can someone PLEASE fix the title of this thread before I go crazy?

"Of Christ's twelve Apostles Judas alone proved to be traitor. But if he had acquired power, he would have represented the other eleven Apostles as traitors, and also all the lesser Apostles whom Luke numbers as seventy." - Leon Trotsky

I have a blog. This is its URL. You should read it. It's about education and skepticism and books and it has a lot of pictures of Batman and Robin in it: https://baldermoon.wordpress.com/

Jump to Post

04.03.2013 12:00am
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Sorry about that Raz. I didnt notice my until people had posted so I couldnt delete and correct.

Jump to Post

04.03.2013 12:27am

Mole
Somebody loves ya.

This is the second movie Pixar is set to release in 2015, the first one is currently known as "The Untitled Pixar Movie That Takes You Inside the Mind". After that is "The Untitled Pixar Movie About Dia De Los Muertos". Considering the huge boner I get just reading those titles I think they're doing fine on originality.

Jump to Post

04.03.2013 12:32am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Isn't there also one in teh works called The Good Dinosaur?

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter